Windows 10: Laptop going to sleep to quickly even after changing power options

Discus and support Laptop going to sleep to quickly even after changing power options in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have a problem with my Lenovo laptop going to sleep a little after 1 minute if I leave it alone. Iv'e checked my power options and display options,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Winterwolf94, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Laptop going to sleep to quickly even after changing power options

I have a problem with my Lenovo laptop going to sleep a little after 1 minute if I leave it alone. Iv'e checked my power options and display options, but it still refuses to work.

This is a clean install of windows 10, also it does not matter if its plugged in or not the problem always occurs.

:)

Winterwolf94, Aug 23, 2015

2. Laptop goes to sleep to quickly

My HP Laptop w/ Windows 10 goes to SLEEP mode within a minute.

I have tried changing the settings and I have tried troubleshooting.

and a few other silly suggestions found on line. Nothing works!

Very frustrating. Has anyone found an actual solution?

TeriHardin, Aug 23, 2015
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Laptop goes to sleep to quickly

Hi Teri,

Conflicts with the screensaver settings is one of the possible reasons why your laptop goes to sleep quickly. Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue? We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps in this

thread
    that was provided by Aleksandr 10 and JanElliott_1969. Many community members find their post helpful.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Aug 23, 2015
Thema:

Laptop going to sleep to quickly even after changing power options

1. Laptop going to sleep to quickly even after changing power options - Similar Threads - Laptop going sleep

2. Hibernate After & Hybrid Sleep option is missing in power options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hibernate After & Hybrid Sleep option is missing in power options: Hi, I have recently purchased a new laptop. Dell Inspiron 5420 12th Gen i7. I am having one problem from day one. My laptop automatically hibernates/shuts down when kept in sleep mode for a long time 7-8 hours. Sleep mode works fine if I use it in 1-2 hours. But if I keep...
  3. Why Windows is not going to sleep while plugged in, even by clicking on sleep option or...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why Windows is not going to sleep while plugged in, even by clicking on sleep option or...: I have the latest update of Windows 10 and it was working fine a while ago, but for some reason, now WindowsLaptop doesn't go to sleep while my laptop is plugged in. When I click on the sleep option or close the lid, the screen turns off, but the laptop doesn't go to sleep....
  4. Surface Keyboard keeps going into sleep, even after bluetooth power saving settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Keyboard keeps going into sleep, even after bluetooth power saving settings: Hi I've bought the Surface Keyboard a week ago, and loving it, when it's not constantly going into sleep mode. After searching far and wide on the interwebs, I've found solutions from changing bluetooth power saving settings to reconnecting the keyboard, but nothing...
  5. Laptop shuts down instead of going to sleep or hibernating even when selecting the option...

Laptop shuts down instead of going to sleep or hibernating even when selecting the option...: Hello everyone, A while ago I noticed that my laptop running Windows 10 can't go to sleep or hibernate anymore. I don't know exactly when it started, but it may have been after a Windows update. First I'd like to clarify a few things to hopefully avoid getting...
  6. sleep and power option

sleep and power option: my laptop go to sleep by it self even when i set sleep option to never sleep or close the display i need help its almost every 5 mins its goes to sleep and i get mad of it...
  7. Sleep Function not in Power/Sleep Options

Sleep Function not in Power/Sleep Options: We have multiple computers with windows in the same room. See photo; Computer on the left does not have a sleep option, the computer on the right does. Left Computer is ALWAYS backlit. How do we fix this? [ATTACH]...
  8. Windows sleeping after changing power options

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows sleeping after changing power options: Hey guys, I have a problem where I change the power settings and it doesn't save the settings. After I restart my laptop, the settings do not save and the laptop sleeps after a couple of minutes leaving it unattended. I tried changing the sleep after unattended option...
  9. Laptop going to sleep when asked not to in Power and Sleep settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Laptop going to sleep when asked not to in Power and Sleep settings: Hi My laptop, which is running windows 10 version 1803 OS build 17134.320, is going to sleep/hibernating, every time when the battery gets to 6% power-or some times less. The power light remains on with the screen turning off and, if I then press the power button ,it wakes...
  10. Laptop going to sleep when idle (power options set to "Never")

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop going to sleep when idle (power options set to "Never"): When plugged in, this Toshiba laptop goes into sleep mode at roughly two minutes of idle time. When plugged in, I have the power options set to "Never". This just recently began occurring. Any ideas? 57465