Windows 10: Laptop hangs while power is pulled in

Discus and support Laptop hangs while power is pulled in in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I am facing a problem with my hp pavillion laptop, whenever I plug in the power the laptop starts hanging and crashing. My old adaptor had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by aashutosh singh, Mar 1, 2024.

1. Laptop hangs while power is pulled in

Hello, I am facing a problem with my hp pavillion laptop, whenever I plug in the power the laptop starts hanging and crashing. My old adaptor had broken and after that I bought a new one with same power rating but still my pc keeps crashing after power is plugged in. What should I do?

:)

aashutosh singh, Mar 1, 2024

2. Laptop no longer hibernates on critical power

Hi Mike,

The laptop's battery is possibly wearing out. Since you haven't change any settings, we suggest that you change the critical battery level a bit higher so that your laptop can perform a hibernation on a much higher percentage than the default. Follow the
    steps below:

• Type Power Options on the Start menu search bar.
    • Under Battery, click on Critical battery level.
    • Chang the default percentage to 10% or higher.
    • Click on Apply.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Mar 1, 2024
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Mar 1, 2024
  4. Laptop hangs while power is pulled in

probldems with power

Hi,

Your concern about your laptop turning off completely when placed on sleep mode may indicate a possible improper power plan configuration. As an initial step to rule out any power settings issues, we suggest that you reset the settings to default. To do
    this, follow the steps below:

• Type cmd in the search box.
    • Right clickCommand Prompt from the list, and select
      Run as administrator.
    • Type or copy and paste the command below:

powercfg -restoredefaultschemes
    • Wait for the command to finish and restart the device if prompted.

Once you're done, check if the issue persists.

Darwin Dim, Mar 1, 2024
Thema:

Laptop hangs while power is pulled in

1. Laptop hangs while power is pulled in - Similar Threads - Laptop hangs while

2. Laptop hangs while power is pulled in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop hangs while power is pulled in: Hello, I am facing a problem with my hp pavillion laptop, whenever I plug in the power the laptop starts hanging and crashing. My old adaptor had broken and after that I bought a new one with same power rating but still my pc keeps crashing after power is plugged in. What...
  3. Laptop hangs while power is pulled in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop hangs while power is pulled in: Hello, I am facing a problem with my hp pavillion laptop, whenever I plug in the power the laptop starts hanging and crashing. My old adaptor had broken and after that I bought a new one with same power rating but still my pc keeps crashing after power is plugged in. What...
  4. What Happens if I pull the power cord while Desktop is running?

What Happens if I pull the power cord while Desktop is running?: So I have a Dell Optiplex 990 Desktop Chasis. Since I have a lot of outages in my house, I'm wondering what happens if I accidentally pull the power cord while the computer is running. If I pull the power cord on the computer, will there be any system errors or hardware...
  5. Laptop hangs while in screen saver

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop hangs while in screen saver: I have an HP Spectre x360 15-ch0xx. Windows 10 Pro, version 20H2, OS build 19042.746. Since it was new, it's had a very annoying problem: it hangs while in the screen saver. I'll walk away from my desk for a while (an hour, overnight, whatever), and I come back to an...
  6. Laptop won't charge while powered on.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop won't charge while powered on.: Hello, I recently got a HP OMEN AX243DX handed down to me by a family member and for some reason I can only get the laptop to charge when it is shutdown. When it is powered on and I plug it in the laptop detects the charger but only says "Plugged In' for maybe 5 seconds then...
  7. Laptop hanging

Laptop hanging: Hi,My laptop got frozed while I was working on it and as it haven't responded I long pressed the power button and when i restartes the windows it started showing blue screen with different errors every time when I restart the laptop the error changes the errors were thread...
  8. Laptop randomly hangs while in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop randomly hangs while in sleep mode: I leave my laptop on (plugged in) all the time. Periodically I will come into my office in the morning and the laptop will be hung. Not responsive to anything, have to hold the power button to kill it. This has happened randomly, maybe once every week or two, basically since...
  9. New laptop Hard Hang while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New laptop Hard Hang while gaming: Received the laptop back from service centre, where I asked them to Fix for Event viewer error; Event ID 13, ACPI error and Event ID 37, Speed Of Processor X in Group 0 is being limited by System Firmware. They changed the whole motherboard for me and when i got back those...
  10. New laptop Hard Hang while gaming

in Windows 10 Support
    New laptop Hard Hang while gaming: Received the laptop back from service centre, where I asked them to Fix for Event viewer error; Event ID 13, ACPI error and Event ID 37, Speed Of Processor X in Group 0 is being limited by System Firmware. They changed the whole motherboard for me and when i got back those...