Windows 10: Laptop has ever increasing crash issues

Discus and support Laptop has ever increasing crash issues in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In january I started to experience sudden crashes on my laptop. It would happen when watching for example a youtube video, but also sometimes when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by oscar550, May 24, 2016.

1. oscar550 Win User

Laptop has ever increasing crash issues

In january I started to experience sudden crashes on my laptop. It would happen when watching for example a youtube video, but also sometimes when launching the CMD or DxDiag from the start menu. In the beginning it was very rare that the laptop would crash, max 1-2 times per week at totally random times. But over the past months the problem has become worse. A month ago the laptop would crash about 2 times a day. During the last 7 days the issue got even worse. If the laptop now is in an loading screen, (in a game or when loading up documents) it may crash but not when playing or while typing. It crashes many times every day and when it does it also crashes the same way during boot up 4 times before the laptop is up running and just after the login it may also crash again. The crashes durin bootup happens after Lenovo loading screen but before the mouse marker and login screen appears.

When the crashes occur there is no BSOD or any warning, it just turns off immediately. Here is an image of the system logs (swedish)

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

The DistributedCOM 10010 has been occuring constantly for the last months (no clue what it is) but may be cortana related. The last 10010 error is also the time of the first crash, and it was followed by 4 more crashes and 1 force shutdown when the system entered repair mode.

The laptop is about 10 months old.
    If you need more info or something from the log translated just ask.
    Was not able to attach the System log but will provide it via Mega if needed.

:)

oscar550, May 24, 2016
  2. TracyO0 Win User

windows 10

Hi I bought a new HP laptop and the windows 10 wants to update but keeps crashing and when not updating the computer freezes lots. How do I get rid of windows 10? this is the absolute worst program and computer I have ever had and has made me lose productivity
    time when Windows 10 is claimed to increase productivity. I am ready to take it back and just go with Mac. Any suggestions before I do that? Thanks

TracyO0, May 24, 2016
  3. BS1989 Win User
    Multitude of WIndows 10 Issues

I'm starting to find this product less reliable the more I tend to use it. The IRQL_UNEXPECTED_VALUE crashes are becoming more frequent and are even beginning to happen when I have my laptop plugged in. Also it appears as if it's having greater increase
    in load time into my user file and has even crashed while loading my user account. Is there any chance of correcting any of these errors? Are you still doing research into any extra methods that may fix or assist in fixing any of the issues I've previously
    mentioned?

BS1989, May 24, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Hello Oscar,

You need to work through some troubleshooting steps to see if you can track down the culprit. At this stage it could be anything from software (bad drivers) to hardware (bad memory).

As it has been getting worse I would suspect a hardware problem. First thing to try is a memory test:

MemTest86+ - Test RAM

philc43, May 25, 2016
  5. Ztruker Win User
    Could be a temperature problem.

Install SpeedFan and see what it tells you. Leave it running and watch the temps as you do things.

Ztruker, May 26, 2016
  6. oscar550 Win User
    The computer runs the games hardest on the CPU at 70-78C so overheating is not the main issue. I have installed all the newest drivers when released so the drivers should be ok. When trying to install the MemTest on an USB-drive it tells me that it cannot complete the installation because of "error decompressing data" (Stops immediately at Syslinux.exe). I will be getting an external hard drive today so I will transfer over the most important files and do a clean windows install, and if crashing still occurs I will be returning the laptop to the shop. (still have three months of warranty).

I suspect in the latter case it is my first ever hard drive failiure and even within a year of purchase, while all my four hard drives in my stationary at home have worked for the last five years without problem. May also be something wrong with the power supply/battery causing sudden interrupts in the power.
    Note: I mostly use AC when im on the laptop but I have also tried using battery and the crashes still occur.

oscar550, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Laptop has ever increasing crash issues - Similar Threads - Laptop has ever

2. Laptop BSOD after update and increasing in severity with issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop BSOD after update and increasing in severity with issues: Hello,A couple of months ago I got a blue screen of death when I turned on my Lenovo IdeaPad 320 laptop after a Windows update. I rebooted my it and everything was fine until the next update, which gave me more BSODs after start ups or something simply as launching Google...
  3. Laptop BSOD after update and increasing in severity with issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop BSOD after update and increasing in severity with issues: Hello,A couple of months ago I got a blue screen of death when I turned on my Lenovo IdeaPad 320 laptop after a Windows update. I rebooted my it and everything was fine until the next update, which gave me more BSODs after start ups or something simply as launching Google...
  4. Laptop BSOD after update and increasing in severity with issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. My laptop has a serious issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop has a serious issues: On a random occasion, my laptop's screen froze, the mouse's movement become laggy, and everytime i move even a mm of my mouse there's this beeping noise that I can't explain. The only way to stop it is to force shutdown my laptop. I've tried everything I can to fixed it, but...
  6. HP Laptop has crashed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HP Laptop has crashed: my HP Laptop has crash and I can't open up windows/desktop or anything any one help please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-laptop-has-crashed/4cd82d2b-c5cb-491d-bacd-e9bdb00ad7e8
  7. Has anyone ever had this problem?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Has anyone ever had this problem?: [ATTACH] My work laptop is docked and has a i7-4700MQ and when I start it up after being powered off the max speed I can get is around 2.5GHz. It will stay like this until I put it to sleep and wake it up. The it'll run at 3.4GHz like it's suppose to. Has anyone had this...
  8. Has an answer ever been found?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Has an answer ever been found?: Long standing problem for many people - awaking PC from sleep, and the inability to rejoin the net. This happens on all my PC's - both Ethernet and Wireless connected ones. Sometimes no problem, other times it fails. On the wireless ones, they often show the connected icon at...
  9. [Question] Has this ever happened to anybody before? Strange Start up issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [Question] Has this ever happened to anybody before? Strange Start up issue: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Justin-Sirois [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eoxwyt/question_has_this_ever_happened_to_anybody_before/
  10. Microsofts Ever Increasing Data Collection

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsofts Ever Increasing Data Collection: Now I know I am probably fairly alone in this, but I truly hate data collection. Without going in to all the reasons why, which is slightly besides the point, I am perplexed by Microsoft's latest change in Windows10. Diagnostics and Feedack used to be configurable to off....