Windows 10: Laptop has high disk usage at startup all of the time

Discus and support Laptop has high disk usage at startup all of the time in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have an HP DV 7 Laptop. I purchased it a few years back. I know it's no barn burner, but I every time I boot up I get constant high disk usage which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pittguy578, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Laptop has high disk usage at startup all of the time

I have an HP DV 7 Laptop. I purchased it a few years back. I know it's no barn burner, but I every time I boot up I get constant high disk usage which makes it laptop unusable for a considerable amount of time. Disk usage hovers around 95% or more on average for 10-15 minutes which is crazy. My old laptop from 10 years ago never had this much trouble with windows 7 bootup and it was a dual core.

I am running latest insider build 15002. This has been happening for every single build so it's not a bug for this build

I have 8 GB RAM. Processor is a i7 2670 QM at 2,2. It has a radeon graphics chip as well

I have tried almost everything, Unsure what to do. I have run multiple malware programs and none of them have found anything, I have defragmented hard drive. I even tried to minimize startup items and it doesn't help much either.

Is there anything I haven't tried?

:)

pittguy578, Jan 9, 2017

2. High disk I/O leading computer freeze

It takes too long for windows startup and laptop always remain freeze.

The disk usage remain 100% most of the time. Whenever usage is low laptop respond good but most of the time with typical program like windows explorer the I/O usage reaches very high and usage does not immediately fall down after the program remain closed.
    I tried disabling the non windows startup program but the problem still remains.

PrabalDevkota, Jan 9, 2017
  3. 100% disk usage

So I recently bought this laptop. Whenever I turn on this laptop the disk usage is always high(usually above 100%) which causes a delay in start up and also a delay in opening other applications after starting the laptop. The disk usage stays high for a
    pretty long time.

It is a Lenovo laptop ideapad 510

ShivanshTeotia, Jan 9, 2017
  4. spunk Win User

Laptop has high disk usage at startup all of the time

Try a Clean Boot. If that works add one Service or Startup item at a time rebooting each time until the behavior returns. Then you will know the problematic program.

spunk, Jan 9, 2017
Thema:

Laptop has high disk usage at startup all of the time

1. Laptop has high disk usage at startup all of the time - Similar Threads - Laptop has high

2. High CPU Usage at all times

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High CPU Usage at all times: I have at least 60% CPU usage always. When I check in processes, I see that Discord is using 40% of cpu, so I went to try and fix that. Nothing worked. But the problem is that even when Discord isn't running, I still have problems with my cpu usage. If I dont use Discord,...
  3. Very high disk usage on startup

Very high disk usage on startup: Hi... I'm using windows 10 home and I'm having a problem of very high disk usage... Idling at 100% until I use other applications and games.I also noticed that 'System' and 'Sysmain' causes the usage and sometimes 'Windows cryptographic service' and some other windows...
  4. High Disk Usage

High Disk Usage: My disk usage is 100% during startup making it unusable which settles down after like 5 mins. After it settles down and i open an application disk usage again skyrockets to 100% which settles down ultimately. I have tried every method online without any luck....
  5. High Disk Usage

High Disk Usage: The Disk usage is almost always 100%. I am unable to do work. Please help. I have windows 10 on Dell inspiron 5559. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-disk-usage/9f934320-7fb2-4015-b1ff-d75bb14a50cb
  6. High Disk Usage

High Disk Usage: hi, i am using windows 10 home, version 2004. i am having high disk usage problem for about a week. even when not using, it is 100%. But,in Task manager, under DISK column, there running "svchost", Tiworker, system. how can these 3 items cause 100% usage? btw, i ran chkdsk,...
  7. 100% usage of disk all time

100% usage of disk all time: i have a issue of 100% usage of disk shows in task manager all time and i think it slows down my laptop and everything is starts not responding https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/100-usage-of-disk-all-time/a4ede68e-b4bb-4791-96a6-96d72510f9cf
  8. High disk and cpu usage all the time

High disk and cpu usage all the time: I have - Dell Inspiron 5567 Intel CoreTM i7-7500U RAM - 16 GB When i bought my laptop, in starting days it's running quite well but after few days in task manager it shows disk usage 100% with or without any running application so I run my drivers update some of them are...
  9. High Disk Usage

High Disk Usage: Hi, Every Mon. AM ( When I turn on the computer) my computer is very slow. When I check the Task Manager>Processes it is "System" which is causing the computer to barely work. The Disk usage is 49-50%. This lasts for 10-15 min. & then doesn't happen until the next week....
  10. Disk Usage at 100% All of the Time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk Usage at 100% All of the Time: My computer's disk usage is constantly at 100%. when I check the task manager the most disk intensive process is Service Host: Local System (16) which fluctuates between 20MB/s and 1MB/s. 100506