Windows 10: Laptop has lost Internet connectivity

Discus and support Laptop has lost Internet connectivity in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I wonder if anyone could kindly help me. I have a laptop that used to work perfectly but for some reason now seems to lose Internet. It's a HP... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Matie, Feb 16, 2018.

1. Matie Win User

Laptop has lost Internet connectivity

Hi,

I wonder if anyone could kindly help me. I have a laptop that used to work perfectly but for some reason now seems to lose Internet. It's a HP with a Realtek adapter. Most of the time it doesn't detect any networks. Occasionally it still connects but only for a few minutes or so (and that's only usually when I have gone into device manager and uninstalled/reinstalled the network adapter and unchecked the power plan there). I can't seem to fix it. All the other computers (and Ipad) in my house work absolutely fine.

Matt.

:)

Matie, Feb 16, 2018

2. nokia n8 wifi problem

when connented through wifi music store and nokia store are not loading, showing error slow connection/connection has lost....

and web browser,whatsapp and other internet related applications running proper

p.s i'm using my laptop's wifi

nikhilgoud, Feb 16, 2018
  3. pci encryption/decryption controller missing Windows 10 pro x64

My sister has an Acer Aspire laptop with Windows 10 installed on it when she installed update she lost all internet connection wi-fi or cable internet in Device manager

only PCI encryption / decryption controller driver is missing

could that be the problem

stjepanVitovski, Feb 16, 2018
  4. Samuria Win User

Welcome to the forum. Can you open a cmd prompt then type

Ipconfig /all

Post results

Samuria, Feb 16, 2018
  5. settings/network and internet check the status (look at "change connection Properties" and WIFI connection. also look at network and sharing .
    I had my wi fi disconnect when win10 big update came in

johnebadbak, Feb 17, 2018
  6. Matie Win User
    Thank you both for your messages!

This is a problem that I have been trying desperately to resolve (on and off) for months. I've tried more or less everything from changing settings to uninstalling drivers to restoring my laptop to factory settings. Today, after I spent more time trying to change more settings, I seem finally to have got proper and more reliably Internet access. I'm not sure exactly which setting resolved the issue but it has loaded up probably 10 or 15 times in a row now. I'll let you know if the old problem does come back.

Thanks again.

Matt.

Matie, Feb 17, 2018
  7. MrHudson Win User
    Matie, this is very well known issue with HP and they refuse to fix it. majority of every one with a HP laptop with a Realtek wireless adapter are having issues.
    I myself have a HP 15-f233wm energy saver with the Realtek RTL8188EE wireless adapter,, I can connect to internet, but then it will for some reason, disconnect, uninstall the adapter, reinstall it and connect back to internet without access.
    It will connect to IPv6 {Internet protocol version 6}..
    If I go in the adapter properties, remove the check on IPv6, yes it will connect back but there will be no default gateway address, nor a IPv4 or DNS IPv4 address..
    I read some where on HP's forum, people were saying that HP has been installing faulty hardware in their low end laptops and some high end laptops to get rid of the junk.

MrHudson, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Laptop has lost Internet connectivity - Similar Threads - Laptop has lost

2. internet connection lost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    internet connection lost: hi allMy internet is disconnected every few minutes for an unknown reason and it shows limited access, no matter what I did, it doesn't work, I even changed the wireless chip, it didn't work, can anyone help me, what should I do?...
  3. internet connection lost

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    internet connection lost: hi allMy internet is disconnected every few minutes for an unknown reason and it shows limited access, no matter what I did, it doesn't work, I even changed the wireless chip, it didn't work, can anyone help me, what should I do?...
  4. Network & internet connection lost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network & internet connection lost: Hi there, My problem was I woke up in the morning and open my laptop as usual. Everything was fine, the wifi was connected. I turn off my laptop, and open it again after an hour later. All of the sudden my connection was lost. Not just lost, but theres no network available...
  5. Network & internet connection lost

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network & internet connection lost: Hi there, My problem was I woke up in the morning and open my laptop as usual. Everything was fine, the wifi was connected. I turn off my laptop, and open it again after an hour later. All of the sudden my connection was lost. Not just lost, but theres no network available...
  6. Lost connection to internet - Win10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost connection to internet - Win10: I am suddenly not able to connect to the internet on my Windows 10 laptop using either ethernet or wifi older Gateway NV57H94u. No problems connecting other devices I'm writing this on my iMac, but I also tried to reset modem-router just in case. I am at a loss for what...
  7. lost internet connection

lost internet connection: I stupidly agree to Microsoft to sync my computers...… since then, my laptop is ok but somehow, my other computer, which is directy plugged to the internet does not have access to the internet...my desktop picture got transferred to my other computer?????? now I cannot...
  8. Lost internet connectivity

Lost internet connectivity: Sudenly my Surface Pro 4 Windows 10 version 1803 lost internet connectivity. I got a strong WiFi signal but no Internet . Wi-Fi and internet are working properly with another devices. Running the troubleshooter I got a message: " security or firewall settings might be...
  9. Internet connection lost

Internet connection lost: On Friday, there was an update by Windows 10 and immediately afterwards I lost my internet connection. I contacted the chat help and the lady there had me try a couple of things which did not help including reversing the update. i contacted my service provider and they could...
  10. Lost ability to connect to the internet

Lost ability to connect to the internet: I installed the latest update from Microsoft, the complete new version and now on one computer my internet connection says SECURED, Not Connected. It is a A6210, Netgear wireless USB3 device that I have on all the Windows computers. The A6210 works fine on any other computer...