Windows 10: Laptop, internal D: Drive disappears and reappears. Windows 10 version 1803. Asus F555UB-DM102T

Discus and support Laptop, internal D: Drive disappears and reappears. Windows 10 version 1803. Asus F555UB-DM102T in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Dear windows and community For the last 3-4 weeks my D: Drive has been disappearing on/off, and I have no clue why or how to solve it. I have a 128 gb... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Rasmus Gregersen, Aug 5, 2018.

1. Laptop, internal D: Drive disappears and reappears. Windows 10 version 1803. Asus F555UB-DM102T

Dear windows and community

For the last 3-4 weeks my D: Drive has been disappearing on/off, and I have no clue why or how to solve it. I have a 128 gb SSD as C: Drive booting windows and most apps, and a 1 TB HDD as D: Drive for storage. Asus F555UB-DM102T. When it disapears I can't see it in disk manager nor from BIOS. When it reapears all data are intact, I can write to and from it, all drivers (including BIOS) seems up to date and Harddrive Troubleshooting gives no errors. I have turned off "automatic turndown harddrive" in power consumption settings. At one point reverting the last windows updates (KB4100403 and KB4345421) solved the issue, but otherwise I haven't found any way to revert it. The bootup times are also notably longer, when the drive is not present from bootup. At other times i suddenly goes missing after usage. Booting in safe mode does not solve the issue.

There does not appear to be any loose connections in the laptop.

The drive is: st1000lm024 hn-m101mbb

My windows is in Danish so i apologize if haven't used the correct terms Laptop, internal D: Drive disappears and reappears. Windows 10 version 1803. Asus F555UB-DM102T :) Can i provide any further information? I'm not that good with computers, so don't hold back with "simple" suggestions - I'm not sure I have tried all initial steps.

I'm kinda lost for further things to try besides a clean installation. Since the drive disappears and reappears randomly it seems to be a software issue, but I can't find any settings which could be in charge.

I hope someone can help.

Best regards, Rasmus

:)

Rasmus Gregersen, Aug 5, 2018

2. Laptop, internal D: Drive disappears and reappears. Windows 10 version 1803. Asus F555UB-DM102T

Dear windows and community

For the last 3-4 weeks my D: Drive has been disappearing on/off, and I have no clue why or how to solve it. I have a 128 gb SSD as C: Drive booting windows and most apps, and a 1 TB HDD as D: Drive for storage.
    Asus F555UB-DM102T. When it disapears I can't see it in disk manager nor from BIOS. When it reapears all data are intact, I can write to and from it, all drivers (including BIOS) seems up to date and Harddrive Troubleshooting gives no errors. I have turned
    off "automatic turndown harddrive" in power consumption settings. At one point reverting the last windows updates (KB4100403 and KB4345421) solved the issue, but otherwise I haven't found any way to revert it. The bootup times are also notably longer, when
    the drive is not present from bootup. At other times i suddenly goes missing after usage. Booting in safe mode does not solve the issue.

There does not appear to be any loose connections in the laptop.

The drive is: st1000lm024 hn-m101mbb

My windows is in Danish so i apologize if haven't used the correct terms Laptop, internal D: Drive disappears and reappears. Windows 10 version 1803. Asus F555UB-DM102T :) Can i provide any further information? I'm not that good with computers, so don't hold back with "simple" suggestions - I'm not sure
    I have tried all initial steps.

I'm kinda lost for further things to try besides a clean installation. Since the drive disappears and reappears randomly it seems to be a software issue, but I can't find any settings which could be in charge.

I hope someone can help.

Best regards, Rasmus

Rasmus Gregersen, Sep 25, 2018
  3. Laptop, internal D: Drive disappears and reappears. Windows 10 version 1803. Asus F555UB-DM102T

Thanks for the suggestions Andre!

Resetting BIOS settings did not change anything.

As i have a laptop, I'm unsure if your second advice is a possibility? Can it be used for a laptop?

Best regards,

Rasmus

Rasmus Gregersen, Sep 25, 2018
  4. Laptop, internal D: Drive disappears and reappears. Windows 10 version 1803. Asus F555UB-DM102T

Laptop, internal D: Drive disappears and reappears. Windows 10 version 1803. Asus F555UB-DM102T

Try resetting your BIOS defaults and see if it remains permanently:

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/reset-pc-bios-...

If that does not work and you have a desktop computer...

Power down

Unplug it

Open the system unit

Remove the CMOS CR-2032 chip

Plug it in, start the machine, wait 10 seconds

Power down, unplug it, reinstall the CMOS CR-2032 chip

Plug it in again, power up

Check your hard disk for any errors:

Click Start

Type: CMD, from the results, right click Command prompt

Click 'Run as Administrator'

At the Command Prompt, type: chkdsk /F /R /X D:

Hit Enter

When you restart your system, your computer will be scanned for errors and attempts will be made to correct them.

Andre for Directly, Sep 25, 2018
Thema:

Laptop, internal D: Drive disappears and reappears. Windows 10 version 1803. Asus F555UB-DM102T

1. Laptop, internal D: Drive disappears and reappears. Windows 10 version 1803. Asus F555UB-DM102T - Similar Threads - Laptop internal Drive

2. D drive missing and reappearing, and missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    D drive missing and reappearing, and missing: I installed a 2TB PCIe Gen4 3D NAND NVMe M.2 Gaming SSD drive on my laptop a few days ago. On the day of installation, everything was fine and I was able to use the new D drive perfectly. At the end of that day, I ran a Windows update. On the next day when I started my...
  3. D drive missing and reappearing, and missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    D drive missing and reappearing, and missing: I installed a 2TB PCIe Gen4 3D NAND NVMe M.2 Gaming SSD drive on my laptop a few days ago. On the day of installation, everything was fine and I was able to use the new D drive perfectly. At the end of that day, I ran a Windows update. On the next day when I started my...
  4. Internal Laptop SSD Drive Keeps Disappearing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Internal Laptop SSD Drive Keeps Disappearing: My HP laptop has a second internal SATA SSD drive which I normally assign to drive Z: for backups. It has worked fine to date but sometimes when I start the PC it is not found in Explorer - see below. I can easily assign the disk letter Z: in Disk Management which works for a...
  5. Internal Laptop SSD Drive Keeps Disappearing

in Windows 10 Support
    Internal Laptop SSD Drive Keeps Disappearing: My HP laptop has a second internal SATA SSD drive which I normally assign to drive Z: for backups. It has worked fine to date but sometimes when I start the PC it is not found in Explorer - see below. I can easily assign the disk letter Z: in Disk Management which works for a...
  6. D drive disappears then reappears after restart

D drive disappears then reappears after restart: My D drive keeps on disappearing after boot then reappearing after restart. I've already contacted microsoft support multiple times and all of their solutions only worked for a few days at best. Is there any way to prevent D drive from disappearing again?...
  7. Laptop, internal D: Drive disappears and reappears. Windows 10 version 1903. Asus X560UD

Laptop, internal D: Drive disappears and reappears. Windows 10 version 1903. Asus X560UD: Dear windows and community For the last 3-4 weeks my D: Drive has been disappearing on/off, and I have no clue why or how to solve it. I have a 128 gb SSD as C: Drive booting windows and most apps, and a 1 TB HDD as D: Drive for storage. Asus F555UB-DM102T. When it...
  8. drive randomly reappears and disappears

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    drive randomly reappears and disappears: I only have a 256 gb ssd and a random E drive randomly appeared with a lot of storage. So I downloaded games onto the drive and then it disappeared. But it recently disappeared with all the files still there and was even able to open an application, but it soon crashed and...
  9. windows 10 d: drive disappeared

windows 10 d: drive disappeared: Hello, today I was play a game a suddenly my game got freeze. Then I found out later that I lost my d: drive. I tried to look on disk management and rescan already but found nothing. I also reset my pc but nothing happens too. Hope for someone help. I use lenovo ideapad 700...
  10. Internal drive DATA (D) disappeared under Windows 10?

Internal drive DATA (D) disappeared under Windows 10?: On my laptop with Windows 10 the partition DATA (D) suddenly disappeared. There I always had my [ATTACH] personal data. The drive was already preinstalled when I bought the computer in January... Now when I click on a shortcut to a folder there, I get the...