Windows 10: Laptop is getting slower at loading web pages

Discus and support Laptop is getting slower at loading web pages in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi All, My girlfriend has a Toshiba Laptop bought with W10 installed so it isn't very old. It isn't a high end machine but it worked well. Recently... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Rally, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Rally Win User

Laptop is getting slower at loading web pages

Hi All,

My girlfriend has a Toshiba Laptop bought with W10 installed so it isn't very old. It isn't a high end machine but it worked well. Recently it has started taking a long time to load pages with movies embedded, eg Facebook and sites with ads.

I suspect that automatic updates are responsible (I hate this feature) but I could be wrong. Is there anything she can do to streamline it?

Many thanks.

:)

Rally, Apr 12, 2017

2. Nokia N900 Review: Good, the bad and the ugly.

foxmeister---01, Apr 12, 2017
  3. Web Browser 5530XM Not Loading Web Pages

Hope someone can help me on subject problem. My 5530XM suddenly cannot load web pages nor web feeds for some reason. WLAN connection is active and I'm able to browse the web using Opera but the default browser just cant open any web page.

capt_smiley, Apr 12, 2017
  4. Laptop is getting slower at loading web pages

Can you give us a bit more info, please? Like when did it start, how long has it been going on for, and the specs of the machine (as accurately as possible please, along with make, model, and model number.) We really dont have enough info to go on and start suggesting fixes.

ArazelEternal, Apr 12, 2017
  5. RolandJS Win User
    Which browser? I've found that using ccleaner to periodically delete (only the) cache files helps the loading speed. For example, my FF highest cache file count reached 18,000+ -- now, it's in the single thousand count.

RolandJS, Apr 12, 2017
  6. You should use:

Malwarebytes
    Click on the Free Download button
    Malwarebytes | Free Cyber Security & Anti-Malware Software
    Decline any trial period. Run a full scan, delete everything it finds.
    This scan might take some time to complete, let it finish.

Superantispyware
    SUPERAntiSpyware | Remove Malware | Remove Spyware - AntiMalware, AntiSpyware, AntiAdware!
    Click on the Red, Free Edition button.
    Run a full scan.
    This scan might take some time to complete, let it finish.

CCleaner
    CCleaner - The world optimization tool - Piriform
    Click on the Green, Download Free version.

These scan's should clean it up a lot, ask if you have any questions.

COMPUTIAC Guest, Apr 12, 2017
  7. Rally Win User
    Hi. Thanks for the replies. I realise the question was a little vague but it was just a general query and the two suggestions above are great..

She uses Firefox.

I will suggest she uses the programs Computiac suggests, thanks. She does clear her cache within Firefox regularly and it doesn't take long. Is Ccleaner any more thorough?

Rally, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Laptop is getting slower at loading web pages

1. Laptop is getting slower at loading web pages - Similar Threads - Laptop getting slower

2. web pages not loading

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    web pages not loading: My web pages are not loading. I tried on Chrome and then Edge.It was working this morning.I have cleared browser, cookies. etc. It made no difference.Any other suggestion? Thank you...
  3. web pages not loading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    web pages not loading: My web pages are not loading. I tried on Chrome and then Edge.It was working this morning.I have cleared browser, cookies. etc. It made no difference.Any other suggestion? Thank you...
  4. web pages not loading

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Web-Page No longer loading

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Web-Page No longer loading: Hello, I've recently experienced an issue where a particular website will no longer load for me on my primary PC. Also, Grammarly keeps saying that it cannot connect to the internet when using it on MS Word, these two things occurred at the same time, but I have no way of...
  6. web page loading

web page loading: All of a sudden my web pages are loading very slow or not at all. Not that computer savy to figure it out myself. Any help will be appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/web-page-loading/6d8bfdef-3f29-471e-9247-86e399dd1595
  7. Laptop slow to load pages, and sometimes gets hung up on web pages

Laptop slow to load pages, and sometimes gets hung up on web pages: My laptop is a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 series. It has a large hard drive so I know I have plenty of space and memory storage. I looked at my task manager and I have a slew of programs running in the background. There are some that are listed twice. There are a few that have a...
  8. Web pages not loading

in Browsers and Email
    Web pages not loading: Hi Some websites will not load on either Chrome, Firefox, Edge or Vivaldi. I have cleared the history and cache Tried both OpenDNS & Google DNS Full scan with Bitdefender AV, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware & Spybot Search & Destroy: nothing found Turned firewall off...
  9. Win10 not loading web-pages

in Browsers and Email
    Win10 not loading web-pages: Hello Win10 Forums! Today I have installed Win10 Pro edition and I'm currently trying it out. I have encountered this massive problem: Some web pages do not load! Some pages are completely fine (this one, facebook, stackoverflow, few other forums I visit...), but some...
  10. Slow Web Page Loading.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow Web Page Loading.: Hi all Normally when i use the net all is fine. Noticed today when i run a video convertor programme in the background the loading of web pages is extremely slow. Stop Freemake video convertor and page loading is normal speed. I assumed it was memory, did memtest and no...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my microsoft pro is getting slower

2. latop getting a little bit slower

3. web pages are getting slower and slower