Windows 10: Laptop is not responding to connection attempts

Discus and support Laptop is not responding to connection attempts in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am trying to home network a Windows 10 Pro laptop and a Windows 10 Home PC. The laptop can see my PC and files. The PC can see the laptop but can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by theweav, Dec 16, 2017.

1. theweav Win User

Laptop is not responding to connection attempts

I am trying to home network a Windows 10 Pro laptop and a Windows 10 Home PC. The laptop can see my PC and files. The PC can see the laptop but can't open the files. The diagnosis Says: File and print sharing resource (My Laptop) is online but isn't responding to connection attempts. My network setup is a workgroup. All was working well until the MS Update 1709 installed. I have checked everything I know to check and have researched the problem online, but have had no luck. I will appreciate any suggestions.

:)

theweav, Dec 16, 2017
  2. BrennanSB Win User

Website Not Responding To Connection Attempts on Multiple Browsers.

I was able to resolve the issue about 1 hour subsequent to the thread being created. I was receiving a DDOS attack, as I enabled a VPN and everything worked fine. The VPN network listed a high MBs coming in, which suggested a DDOS attack. I talked to a friend
    of mine who also received DDOS attacks in the past, and they helped me with stopping the attack. I and my friend staff a community that can get hateful at times.

Thank you for your reply, my issue has since been resolved.

BrennanSB, Dec 16, 2017
  3. BrennanSB Win User
    Website Not Responding To Connection Attempts on Multiple Browsers.

The title says all. I'm able to connect to other websites, however, only one website will not respond to connection attempts. I've asked other people, and they are able to connect just fine. The things I've tried:

• Rebooting my router.
    • Changing browsers.
    • Disabling extenstions.
    • Going in incognito.
    • Disabling my anti-virus/firewall.
    • Rebooting my computer.
    I do not have a VPN or proxy active. Any help is appreciated!

BrennanSB, Dec 16, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

Post the output of net view from Command.

bro67, Dec 17, 2017
  5. theweav Win User
    net view: The service has not been started. What service is this?

theweav, Dec 17, 2017
  6. EdTittel Win User
    There's a known bug or issue for some users in Version 1703 , as documented in this Partner Support forum thread at Microsoft. If you're not running 1703 (and even if you are) you might want to try resetting your network (see https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...nection-issues for info). If that doesn't work, those who suffer from such problems can often get relief only from an in-place upgrade repair install or (last resort) a clean install.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Dec 17, 2017
  7. theweav Win User
    I have update 1709. I had already tried the suggestions offered in the Partner Support forum. I also reset the network. No help.
    Thanks for your input.

theweav, Dec 17, 2017
  8. Eagle51 Win User

Hey theweav,
    Have you checked and made sure the following services are running ....

Service - Default Start Up
    ===============================
    DHCP Client - Automatic
    DNS Client - Automatic (trigger start)
    Server - Automatic (trigger start)
    TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper - Manual (trigger start)
    Workstation - Automatic

Eagle51, Dec 17, 2017
  9. EdTittel Win User
    EdTittel, Dec 17, 2017
  10. theweav Win User
    That is something I will consider.
    Thanks

theweav, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Laptop is not responding to connection attempts - Similar Threads - Laptop responding connection

2. " A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    " A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a...: After installing Ubuntu wsl2, when i've mounted the ext4.vhdx file and then open the ubuntu wsl it is throwing the below error " A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because...
  3. " A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    " A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a...: After installing Ubuntu wsl2, when i've mounted the ext4.vhdx file and then open the ubuntu wsl it is throwing the below error " A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because...
  4. " A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. website www.microsoft.com is online but isn't responding to connection attempts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    website www.microsoft.com is online but isn't responding to connection attempts: I keep getting this problem with my network connection. It tells me I am connected but will not go to any website on any browser. My phone connects fine, my roommates connect fine. Just one my laptop I get this problem. How do I solve it?...
  6. website (www.microsoft.com) is online but isn't responding to connection attempts.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    website (www.microsoft.com) is online but isn't responding to connection attempts.: Ever since my laptop updates to Windows 10, I cannot connect to my school's wifi properly on my PC what so ever! I run all the troubleshooting software and get the same response " website (www.microsoft.com) is online but isn't responding to connection attempts." I have...
  7. Website is online but isn’t responding to connection attempts

in Windows 10 News
    Website is online but isn’t responding to connection attempts: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]In case any proxy settings or third-party add-ons are interfering with your system’s internet connection, you might encounter the error Website is online but isn’t responding to connection attempts upon running the Network Adapter troubleshooter. Website is...
  8. File and Print sharing resource is online but isn’t responding to connection attempts

in Windows 10 News
    File and Print sharing resource is online but isn’t responding to connection attempts: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Many Windows users, when unable to access one or multiple shared connections or folders across the local network, try running Windows Network Diagnostics Troubleshooter to understand the problem. They may end up seeing an error stating, File and Print sharing...
  9. "file and print sharing resource is online but isn't responding to connection attempts"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "file and print sharing resource is online but isn't responding to connection attempts": We have 5 computers in the house all running Windows 10. I've always had problems with file sharing and often have to resort to memory stick or external hard drives to transfer files. Homegroup helped sometimes but was unreliable and has gone. Now I need a solution because...
  10. "Website is online but isn't responding to connection attempts"

in Browsers and Email
    "Website is online but isn't responding to connection attempts": My Windows 10 tablet "Updated" and now I do not have internet whatsoever, it doesn't connect to my home wifi nor does it connect to my mobile hotspot. It won't even connect to the college wifi where I take classes, I have a yellow triangle under the wifi icon and when I run...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. website is online but isnt responding to connection attempts on hp z2 on windows 10

2. pc is not responding to connection attekpts