Windows 10: laptop is very 'sleepy' sleeps after 2 minutes win 10

Discus and support laptop is very 'sleepy' sleeps after 2 minutes win 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've just had a 'clean' install from 8.1 to 10, many issues, right now my device (tosh satellite) sleeps within 2 minutes. I've done the usual... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by petereplica, Jun 24, 2016.

1. laptop is very 'sleepy' sleeps after 2 minutes win 10

I've just had a 'clean' install from 8.1 to 10, many issues, right now my device (tosh satellite) sleeps within 2 minutes. I've done the usual personalisation etc but to no avail. Suggestions are most welcome.

:)

petereplica, Jun 24, 2016

2. Toshiba laptop sleepissue. System sleep itself

My laptop suddenly sleep itself but the settings of sleep is 10 minutes before sleep. But after 2 or 3 minutes it suddenly sleep.

RendellSibal, Jun 24, 2016
  3. Laptop Sleeps after 2 minutes of Inactivity

It sounds like you want me to follow the below instrutions. But when I press Windows logo, there is no search box. Would you give me another way to access troubleshooting/system and security/power?

Run the Power troubleshooter and see if it helps.

a: Press
    Windows logo to open the search box.

b: Type troubleshooting, hit enter.

c: Now click System and Security.

d: Click Power.

helpout123, Jun 24, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

laptop is very 'sleepy' sleeps after 2 minutes win 10

Hi, there are many many threads on this in the forum, so recommend you research these and if no answer found, please post back with what you have tried.

For example, just type
    sleeps 2 minutes
    into the forum search box at the top - this is what I see for starters..

laptop is very 'sleepy' sleeps after 2 minutes  win 10 [​IMG]

Good luck!

dalchina, Jun 24, 2016
  5. Dalchina, thank you for the reply, first thing I did was power settings. Last night I turned everything up to the max, the problem seems to have been solved; Today I visited 'ms Insider', not much use but I did find there was a silverlight update added, I don't know but it may be that? Any idea how to stop Edge being default, also how to maintain internet connection, last night it got really strange. I went to network settings and found wi-fi had been turned off! how weird is that?
    Thanks again for the response.
    Are you anywhere near the 'Peaky Blinders'!?*Smile*Smile

petereplica, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

laptop is very 'sleepy' sleeps after 2 minutes win 10

1. laptop is very 'sleepy' sleeps after 2 minutes win 10 - Similar Threads - laptop very 'sleepy'

2. Laptop Going to Sleep After 2 Minutes When Lid is Closed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop Going to Sleep After 2 Minutes When Lid is Closed: I have an external display hooked up to my work laptop, and after 2 minutes of inactivity, the laptop goes to sleep whether on battery or plugged in. I've checked the battery and power settings, and they are all set to 30m to turn off display and 1 hour to sleep for battery...
  3. Laptop freezes for a minute after bootup or sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop freezes for a minute after bootup or sleep: My Dell XPS 13 9370 (250GB SSD) runs perfectly fine except after bootup or sleep. It works fine directly after bootup/sleep but after a few minutes the laptop freezes and I can't do anything. After a minute, the freezing stops and everything is fine. The freezing only happens...
  4. display sleeps after 2 minutes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    display sleeps after 2 minutes: All hibernation and sleep settings set to NEVER Hard disc set to 360 minutes and still my display closes after 2 minutes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-sleeps-after-2-minutes/d3eb9eec-7064-4cf2-a7dd-6739cb877ffd
  5. Sleep Mode in 2 minutes after recent windows 10 update

Sleep Mode in 2 minutes after recent windows 10 update: my HP laptop is now going to sleep after 2 minutes of inactivity even though the power settings are set for 45 minutes. I have called HP support 4 times and they have been no help. Please tell me what I need to do to fix....
  6. Windows 10 Laptop Goes to Sleep in 2 Minutes

Windows 10 Laptop Goes to Sleep in 2 Minutes: I have a Windows 10 laptop, and after about 2 minutes of inactivity, it goes to sleep. Very frustrating and annoying. I can't figure out why, or how to stop it. I tried changing the settings in the screensaver, which is no screensaver, and set to 20 minutes. In power...
  7. 2 different laptops very slow to re-connect to wifi after sleep.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    2 different laptops very slow to re-connect to wifi after sleep.: Sometime in 2017 I noticed that my Dell Inspiron 3451 was not properly connecting to my access point after coming out of sleep. Most of the time it would auto reconnect but could take a minute or two to do it. My daughter reported a similar situation on her asus laptop at...
  8. Lenovo Z710 Laptop sleep unexpectedly after 1-2 minutes of inactivity

Lenovo Z710 Laptop sleep unexpectedly after 1-2 minutes of inactivity: After upgrading my laptop from Windows 8.1 to 10 last week. My laptop sleep unexpectedly after 1-2 mins of inactivity. Yes, it's sleep, not just turning the monitor off. I already set my power management setting to "never" turn off screen or sleep. If I encountered this...
  9. Goes to sleep after 2 minutes???

in Windows 10 Support
    Goes to sleep after 2 minutes???: Although set to sleep after an hour while on power, it goes to sleep after 2 minutes. Before the Win 10 upgrade, whatever I set power conservation at was what the laptop followed. Never had any problems until now... Any thoughts? Thanks, Bruce 43893
  10. Laptop goes to sleep after 2 minutes while plugged in

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop goes to sleep after 2 minutes while plugged in: Hello, I have a Lenovo YOGA 900-13ISK, with Windows 10 currently installed. I've recently been annoyed by the following occurrence: while my laptop is plugged in and I stop using it (moving mouse, typing keys, etc), my laptop puts itself to sleep after 2 minutes and 15...