Windows 10: Laptop isn't turning on when pressed power button

Discus and support Laptop isn't turning on when pressed power button in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My laptop of dell company isn't switich even I pressed power button I had already tried taking battery out and then pressing power button for 1 min...... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by uditmahawar, Aug 2, 2021.

1. Laptop isn't turning on when pressed power button

My laptop of dell company isn't switich even I pressed power button I had already tried taking battery out and then pressing power button for 1 min... When I press the power button only white light blinks for a sec and then goes of off mounter too Plzz help

:)

uditmahawar, Aug 2, 2021
  2. Msap14 Win User

laptop won't turn on

this is taking it a step further than the previous post, so ill do that and see what happens.

I believe i checked this , could be a different cable but ill double check.

Edit: oh and sometimes when i press and hold the power button the little green power button light will briefly turn on.

Msap14, Aug 2, 2021
  3. Zeeba# Win User
    My hp laptop wont turn on

This is a frequent problem am sure as you have already seen from online searches.

Flea power is usually the culprit here, basically its residual power that remains on the computer even after thecomputer has been shutdown. You can drain the flea power with the steps the other answers have suggested.

• Disconnecting the battery and adapter
    • Press the hardpress the power button for 30 seconds
    • This should clear the flea power

If this doesnt work, read this article its about
    a dell inspiron
    but the same applies for you hp. It has some detailed step by step instructions

Zeeba#, Aug 2, 2021
  4. OOOO Win User

Laptop isn't turning on when pressed power button

How to disable "5 seconds power button shut off" on a laptop?

I does not suggest you to do this, if you insist on this, try the following steps.

1. Open Control Panel
    2. Find and click System and Security
    3. Find and click Power Options
    4. On the left hand, you will see Choose what the power button does and click it
    5. Click Change settings that are currently unavailable to be able to change the settings
    6. In When I press the power button, you can choose Do nothing

Laptop isn't turning on when pressed power button SQHnd.png

Hope this can help you.

OOOO, Aug 2, 2021
Thema:

Laptop isn't turning on when pressed power button

1. Laptop isn't turning on when pressed power button - Similar Threads - Laptop isn't turning

2. "When I press the power button" is now missing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    "When I press the power button" is now missing: Hi, recently in "choose what the power buttons do", the power button with its distinctive icon is missing and replaced with "when I press the sleep button" see image below . As a result, the power button just starts the computer but has no other use, and I have no sleep...
  3. Power Button - I have to press twice to turn on.

Power Button - I have to press twice to turn on.: On all of my previous Windows 10 computers I only had to press the power button once to turn it on. On my most recent build, it requires me to double press quickly in order to power on. If I press once it will shut down. I have gone into the power settings to change what it...
  4. When i presse the power button the pc doesn't start.

When i presse the power button the pc doesn't start.: Hi I have mouved my composant to another box and i changes the motherboard and the power suplie when i try to boot it it does nothing. The only way to boot it is press the power sw botton on my motherboard....
  5. Laptop turns on by pressing first any key on keyboard and then power button

Laptop turns on by pressing first any key on keyboard and then power button: My laptop turns on by presssing firdt any key on keyboard and then power button rather than power button directly and after it turns on then i have to hold any key on keyboard if i don't hold any key it turns off...
  6. Laptop turns on by pressing first any key on keyboard and then power button

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop turns on by pressing first any key on keyboard and then power button: My laptop turns on by presssing firdt any key on keyboard and then power button rather than power button directly and after it turns on then i have to hold any key on keyboard if i don't hold any key it turns off...
  7. Lock session when power button is pressed (tablet)?

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock session when power button is pressed (tablet)?: Hey there, just reinstalled Windows 10 on my tablet and i think before it did lock the session when i pressed power.. Now it doesn't, at all. Couldn't find working tweak/setting for this. Where is it? Must be somewhere! 161749
  8. When I press Windoes key and press power Button it spams Sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When I press Windoes key and press power Button it spams Sleep: Hi, I have issues with my computer that when I press windows keys and trying to shut off my computer it spams Sleep mode frantically. I have tried everything including Virus scan and I cant seem to find a issue. submitted by /u/Tenko_7 [link] [comments]...
  9. power button isn't working

power button isn't working: Hi there: I have a Windows 10 laptop. It can be also used as a tablet as well. For some reason when I want to turn the laptop on power button does not work. When I remove the screen from the main part and then re-try turning the power on again this time power button works. I...
  10. PC won't turn on when case button is pressed

in Windows 10 Support
    PC won't turn on when case button is pressed: Had a previous issue which is located here: Random freezes or BSODs (In windows drivers) - Windows 10 Forums To tldr it was fixed by displaying all startup items and services. Had a freeze today and after that when I turned the PC off (via case switch) it wouldn't...