Windows 10: Laptop keeps broadcasting old homegroup from before reformat

Discus and support Laptop keeps broadcasting old homegroup from before reformat in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I did some messing around with my new laptop: creating a workgroup, transferring some files, deleting administrator account... So I had to reformat it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Eloyas, Mar 1, 2016.

1. Eloyas Win User

Laptop keeps broadcasting old homegroup from before reformat

I did some messing around with my new laptop: creating a workgroup, transferring some files, deleting administrator account... So I had to reformat it. The problem is that now every time I power up my reformatted laptop it asks other computers in the network to join the old homegroup from before... I tried creating a new homegroup on the laptop but the other computers still see the old one first. I tried to join another homegroup with the laptop but I keep getting errors. So something, somewhere on the laptop is still actively broadcasting the formatted homegroup in my network, but I have no idea what or how to delete it.

I tried deleting all files in C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Roaming\PeerNetworking but it doesn't seem to do anything...

:)

Eloyas, Mar 1, 2016

2. Laptop keeps broadcasting old homegroup from before reformat

I've already tried those methods. Troubleshooter finds no problem and I already know how to make a homegroup.

Etienne Girard, Mar 1, 2016
  3. Laptop keeps broadcasting old homegroup from before reformat

Hi Etienne,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

You may try to run the Home group troubleshooter and check if it helps.

1. Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Control Panel

2. Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the Control Panel.

3. Click on View all on the left navigation pane.
    Click
    on Home group.

4. Click on Advanced on the Home group troubleshooter dialog box and click on Run as administrator
    (Enter the

credentials if required)

5. Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the
    Home group troubleshooter.

We would also suggest you to refer the link below for more information on Home group.

Homegroup from Start to Finish

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with the issue. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Mar 1, 2016
Thema:

Laptop keeps broadcasting old homegroup from before reformat

1. Laptop keeps broadcasting old homegroup from before reformat - Similar Threads - Laptop keeps broadcasting

2. New Laptop Keep Synchronizing from the Old One

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New Laptop Keep Synchronizing from the Old One: I have 2 laptops, 1 the old one and 1 the new one and both signed to my microsoft account since the old one I seldom use it and mostly stay at home with the new one is the one I usually use for my daily driver, the new one always synchronize with the old one such as the...
  3. Trying to reformat old boot drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Trying to reformat old boot drive: Running Win10 1909 64 bit. I replaced my old 1TB HDD with a 1TB SSD. I'd like to format the old 1TB HDD and use it to replace my 640GB HDD "D" drive. So, I plugged in the old HDD and booted. Came up with a bluescreen that asked said I needed to go back to change the BIOS. The...
  4. steps before selling my old laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    steps before selling my old laptop: What steps should I take to delete my Microsoft account from the PC before selling? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/steps-before-selling-my-old-laptop/e47db7ed-9556-4991-994d-59d51c675862
  5. Windows will not boot from SSD after reformatting old HDD

Windows will not boot from SSD after reformatting old HDD: Hi, I was running Win 10 on my old HDDs. I have successfully installed Win 10 on a new SSD and I was able to boot Windows on it. At startup, Win10 would prompt me if I wanted Win10 from Volume 1 (SSD) or from Volume 3 (old HDD). I migrated all of my contents to the SSD and...
  6. Reformatting Laptop

Reformatting Laptop: I'm planning to reformat my laptop and in the Activation tab it says that i have a digital license activated and linked to a microsoft account. My question is if i reformat my laptop would it wipe the Windows 10? I purchased this laptop not knowing if windows 10 is the...
  7. steps to take before reformat laptop

steps to take before reformat laptop: i have win 10 in lenovo laptop. due to its slow system performance, i want to reformat it. Before reformatting, i want to store all my data in external hard drive. how to transfer data and what precautions shall i take?...
  8. laptop dropped from homegroup

in Windows 10 Customization
    laptop dropped from homegroup: The laptop dropped out of the Homegroup. It had factory installed Windows 10 but I have Windows 7 running on it to match with the other computers in the Homegroup. I can't even find "Homegroup" in settings on the Laptop....
  9. Deleting/Removing Old Homegroup Users

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting/Removing Old Homegroup Users: I recently had a mate over whom I added to my homegroup so I could copy over some files from my workstation to his laptop, lets call his laptop "Laptop1", he has since installed an SSD in his laptop and now shows up on the homegroup as a different user as we couldnt get him...
  10. Reformatting Old OS Drive Partition

in Windows 10 Support
    Reformatting Old OS Drive Partition: Just cloned Windows 10 system disk from 230 Gb SSD to 900 Gb SSD using Acronis. New system drive works fine. Trying to remove the OS partition from old OS drive and get "OS (E*Smile Simple Volume is currently in use" and statement regarding forced deletion may affect...