Windows 10: Laptop keeps freezing and no responce

Discus and support Laptop keeps freezing and no responce in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My laptop keeps freezing and nothing responds. I start task manager and nothing is running it reports! I can't even power off except fordoing ctrl alt... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by hollyoaks777, Nov 2, 2015.

1. Laptop keeps freezing and no responce

My laptop keeps freezing and nothing responds. I start task manager and nothing is running it reports! I can't even power off except fordoing ctrl alt delete and restart it. It's becoming an everyday occurrence. I am thinking in going back to windows 7. I wish Microsoft would have used 7 as a model to make another OS. In my opinion 7 is the best OS that Windows has made since XP. Is there anything I can do before I do a full reinstall? I am going to ask a stupid question but was once told there's no such thing. Can I use an Acronis image of my old c drive on my old laptop? I think it's a definite no, but I won't know until I ask. Thank you in advance.

:)

hollyoaks777, Nov 2, 2015

2. removing virus on N70

Thanks for your responce, the phone freezes and it has a message on the screen that says "Infected by CommWarrior"

vipersnake---01, Nov 2, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Freezing, No responce at all !!

Hi,

Thank you for being part of Windows 10 family.

Sorry to know that you are facing issues with Windows 10.

Refer to the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to perform the system maintenance troubleshooter. It will resolve the common system problems.

1. Tap on Windows Key and click on search bar.

2. Type “Troubleshooting” without the quotes and click on Troubleshooting.

3. Then click on System and Security.

4. Click on System Maintenance.

5. Click on Next and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue still persist, refer to the below method.

Method 2:I would suggest you to run the playing audio troubleshooter and check if it helps.

1. Tap on Windows Key and click on search bar.

2. Type “Troubleshooting” without the quotes and click on Troubleshooting.

3. Then click on View All on the left panel of the screen

4. Click on Playing Audio.

5. Click on Next and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.

Method 3: I would suggest you to run the System File Checker and check if it helps.

1. Press Windows Key. Click on search bar.

2. Type “CMD” without the quotes and hit on Enter Key.

3. Right click on it and select Run as Administrator.

4. Type “sfc /scannow” and hit on Enter Key.

Method 4: I would suggest you to boot the Computer in clean boot mode and troubleshoot with the issue.

Refer to the below link to enter into clean boot state. The below link can also be applicable to Windows 10.

Clean boot disclaimer: A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program
    or an update or when you run a program in Windows. You may also troubleshoot or determine what conflict is causing the problem by performing a clean boot. You must log on to the computer as an administrator to be able to perform a clean boot. Your computer
    may temporarily lose some functionality when you perform a clean boot. When you start the computer normally, the functionality returns. However, you may receive the original error message, or experience the original behavior if the problem still exists. If
    the computer is connected to a network, network policy settings may prevent you from following these steps.

https://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Once you perform clean boot do refer to the section “How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting”
    to boot the computer in normal mode.

Get back to us for further assistance on Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Joy Kemprai, Nov 2, 2015
  4. Laptop keeps freezing and no responce

Hi have you tried the HP site for the latest BIOS update and drivers.
    When mine kept freezing before upgrading to windows 10 I found out the BIOS needed updating.
    Also several drivers where out of date
    Once done it was running a lot better
    Have you run sfc /scannow as that fixes a lot of problems.
    Notice the space between the c and /
    Run that and see if you can then shut down normally, by right clicking the windows sign down in the left hand corner

hTconeM9user, Nov 2, 2015
  5. Yes I run that once a month. The Bios has been updated twice. Which I find unusual as my Dell 1545 inspiron never updated the Bios once. Going to run scan now thanks.

Ran scan found nothing. Ran HP assistant just to be sure no updates available. I haven't a clue what's up. Device manager saying nothing is running is the only time I have seen that in my life and not just once twice!

6. davidhk Win User
    In stead of going back to Win 7, try running the Reset option.
    Left click at Start button > left side, click Settings > click Update & Recovery > left side, click Recovery > right side, under Reset this PC, click Get Started.

See if that can fix your issue.

davidhk, Nov 2, 2015
  7. Will this wipe everything off my computer?

8. davidhk Win User

Laptop keeps freezing and no responce

You can keep your files.

Laptop keeps freezing and no responce [​IMG]

davidhk, Nov 2, 2015
  9. Just going to leave it. To much to do for it to happen again. If it happens again going back to 7 professional at least I can rely on that system. Thank you for your help.

10. davidhk Win User
    OK. If the suggestion is a bit too drastic, perhaps try something that belongs to troubleshooting arsenal.
    Run a system file check to look for corrupted files. It will try to do repair if any found.

Right click at Start button > click Command Prompt (Admin) > at the flashing prompt, copy/paste this.......
    sfc /scannow

> press Enter.
    It will take quite sometime.
    When finished, it will give you one of the 3 reports...............(paraphrasing)
    1. No integrity violation.
    2. Found corrupt files and repair successful.
    3. Found corrupt files but unable to repair.

If the report is #1, your solution lies elsewhere.
    If the report is #2, check if your problems have been resolved.
    If the report is #3, use this method................
    In the same Command Prompt (Admin) window, copy and paste this command...........

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

>press Enter.
    Again it will take some time.
    When finished, it will give you a report.

davidhk, Nov 2, 2015
  11. OK thank you mate going to take that option. I was once told you should never flash Bios unless you really know what you are doing. But he also said there is no need at all to flash bios. Is this true? waiting on restore health it's at 20% just now.

12. davidhk Win User
    I can't answer question which I have no personal experience on.
    Sorry.

davidhk, Nov 2, 2015
  13. davidhk Win User

You are running restorehealth.
    Does that means sfc found corrupt files but unable to repair ?

davidhk, Nov 2, 2015
  14. Ok mate the results are fine.

15. davidhk Win User
    1. You did not have to run dism...... restorehealth option if your sfc /scannow told you there was no integrity violation.
    2. Does any of those help solve your issue or problem still persists ?

davidhk, Nov 2, 2015
Thema:

1. Laptop keeps freezing and no responce - Similar Threads - Laptop keeps freezing

2. New laptop keeps freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New laptop keeps freezing: I haveWINDOWS 11 i5 13420H16gb ram RTX 2050 idk what's the problem it's brand new and i tried other test all of it are good. idk what's wrong https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-laptop-keeps-freezing/f7fb4b71-1cac-4e28-8076-f8bb755acdd2
  3. New laptop keeps freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New laptop keeps freezing: I haveWINDOWS 11 i5 13420H16gb ram RTX 2050 idk what's the problem it's brand new and i tried other test all of it are good. idk what's wrong https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-laptop-keeps-freezing/f7fb4b71-1cac-4e28-8076-f8bb755acdd2
  4. Laptop keeps freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop keeps freezing: Everytime my laptop has been on for a few hours or sometimes even right as i open it it always freezes right as im trying to type or whenever i try to play a game it freezes and i have to wait a few seconds then i can do whatever i was doing, it usually also freezes whenever...
  5. Laptop keeps freezing

Laptop keeps freezing: Everytime my laptop has been on for a few hours or sometimes even right as i open it it always freezes right as im trying to type or whenever i try to play a game it freezes and i have to wait a few seconds then i can do whatever i was doing, it usually also freezes whenever...
  6. Laptop keeps freezing and rebooting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop keeps freezing and rebooting: I've had my laptop for a few years. It's an MSI gaming laptop, model number ms-16j9. A few months back, I was using my laptop and then it suddenly froze and I got the BSOD. After that point, the laptop would literally just keep going into this boot and then freeze at random...
  7. Laptop keeps freezing randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop keeps freezing randomly: I had to face this problem for a long time. So I reset my laptop, but it still keeps crashing. I checked my RAM and hard disk both, but no problems found. Any solutions? I don't think there are any malware coz I didn't install anything after resetting. My PCHP 250G7 NOTEBOOK...
  8. Laptop keeps freezing randomly

Laptop keeps freezing randomly: I had to face this problem for a long time. So I reset my laptop, but it still keeps crashing. I checked my RAM and hard disk both, but no problems found. Any solutions? I don't think there are any malware coz I didn't install anything after resetting. My PCHP 250G7 NOTEBOOK...
  9. New Laptop keeps freezing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New Laptop keeps freezing: So i got a new laptop, and I was going to install a different ram stick that was 16gb instead of 4, and I put in another m.2 ssd, since the original was only 128gb. I have the motile 14 ryzen 3 in case anyone needs to know, but does anyone have any suggestions? I have seen...
  10. Waiting responce

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Waiting responce: Hi there, I have two big problems one is waiting response, which can be a time even refreshing, Two, have a Windows Updata base error. Windows 10 version 1803 (os build 17134.1) this problem only just came around after last up date install of which l deleted. Latest one ,...