Windows 10: Laptop keeps losing WIFI connection

Discus and support Laptop keeps losing WIFI connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all, Ever since I updated to Windows 10, my laptop struggles to hold a strong connection (sometimes any connection at all) to my Virgin Media... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by claidler, Sep 3, 2015.

1. claidler Win User

Laptop keeps losing WIFI connection

Hi all,

Ever since I updated to Windows 10, my laptop struggles to hold a strong connection (sometimes any connection at all) to my Virgin Media router. Even if I am sitting in the same room as my router, the connection is weak and often disconnects, with a connection holding for anywhere between a few minutes and a few seconds. It is not my internet connection as far as I am aware, as my partner and I have no issues connecting other devices such as phones and tablets to this connection.

Some info about the laptop;

HP Pavilion Notebook 15
    Processor: Intel Core i3-4030U CPU @ 1.90GHz
    RAM: 8GB
    System type: 64-bit OS, x64-based processor

Some info about the router and connection:

SSID: virginmedia9926924
    Protocol: 802.11n
    Security type: WPA2-Personal
    IPv4 address: 192.168.0.8
    IPv4 DNS Servers: 194.168.4.100
    Manufacturer: Broadcom
    Description: Broadcom BCM43142 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi Adapter
    Driver version: 6.223.215.14
    Physical address: ‎14-2D-27-DD-B8-E3

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

:)

claidler, Sep 3, 2015

2. windows 10 update fowling up new laptop

since the last up date my new lenovo z50-75 signature edition laptop keeps losing its wifi connection and runs supper slow .

i cant find any memory hogging programs or virus .

it cant be connected more then 30 minutes before i get booted out of my wifi connection and it turns of the wifi in the laptop .

then it makes me restart run trouble shooter twice and then turns it back on .

i have set wifi to connect manually and to never turn off in power manager .

but it keeps doing this.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

lonlewandowski, Sep 3, 2015
  3. Trouble with WiFi after windows 10 upgrade

I upgraded from windows 8.1 to windows 10 on my dell laptop. Now I keep losing my internet connection. My Wifi network disappears and I have to use internet connection troubleshooter to reset adapters, then I can get back online. But eventually wifi disappears
    again. Is there a fix for his?

ciscoclifton, Sep 3, 2015
  4. brummyfan Win User

Hi,
    Welcome to the forums, you could try switching your DNS to Open dns or google dns and see whether it improves, if it fails, download BCM43xxx drivers from station drivers and install, might help. You need to look for Driver version 7.12.39.18.
    http://smtp.station-drivers.com/inde...leinfo&id=1722

brummyfan, Sep 3, 2015
  5. claidler Win User
    Thanks for the quick response. I have changed to Open DNS, and I'm updating my drivers just now for good measure. Hopefully this will work!

claidler, Sep 3, 2015
  6. The driver update will likely solve the issue. DNS isn't really involved if the connection drops, because that is either going to be a driver issue or a compatibility issue with the router. That has happened before. When Windows 8 was release, many old Linksys routers weren't compatible and wouldn't allow devices to connect via Wi-Fi.

DeaconFrost, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Laptop keeps losing WIFI connection - Similar Threads - Laptop keeps losing

2. My laptop keeps losing internet connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop keeps losing internet connection: Every day or two, I lose my internet connectivity only on my laptop. All of my other devices are connected, no problem. This is a new problem. Is there a general problem out there, or is there something I should be fixing. I've rebooted my modem and sometimes it works and...
  3. Losing WiFi connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Losing WiFi connection: Hello, I have an Asus Vivobook laptop, running on Windows 10, and I’ve recently started having problems with the WiFI. When I switch it on, I’m connected to my network. I use the internet and less than 5 minutes later, the signal drops out. When I go on to the networks...
  4. laptop losing connection with WIFI card

laptop losing connection with WIFI card: things: laptop is ASUS TUF FX705DT. runs on Win10 Home v1909 has Realtek 8822BE Wireless LAN 802.11ac PCI-E NIC How does it behave: It sometimes goes down on its own with me just using it casually. It will most probably lose connection when I move my laptop...
  5. WIFI keeps losing connection but doesn't go down.

WIFI keeps losing connection but doesn't go down.: I constantly lose connection whilst doing anything on my computer. It is always just connection lost --> click on wifi --> see "No Internet, secured" --> press disconnect --> then reconnect and it magically is working again in tip-top shape, I don't even have to wait 5...
  6. Keep losing wifi connection on windows 10

Keep losing wifi connection on windows 10: Hello everyone, i recently installed window 10 on my computer and wifi connection keep disconnecting automatically after few minutes, when i restart computer then working fine but again lose connection after few minutes and continue story. I have tried all available...
  7. Laptop loses Wifi...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop loses Wifi...: Hi! My laptop disconects from Wifi at random moments... At 30 min, 1h... its very random. Then i can see all routers from my neightbour, but mine doesnt appear, then i have to restart my laptop, and then i have conection again. Sorry for my bad english and thanks. submitted...
  8. Losing wifi connection

Losing wifi connection: Both my laptop and PC with windows 10 have been are struggling to with connecting to wifi. It was a few weeks ago after a windows 10 update I started noticing the problem. Try contacting Microsoft tech support and they keep promising a level 2 tech support person will contact...
  9. Laptop loses wifi connection and often is difficult to connect.

Laptop loses wifi connection and often is difficult to connect.: My HP laptop running windows Ten has developed and annoying habit of losing the wifi connection. Often times it will not reconnect or it takes multiple attempts to get it connected. Many times, I can be right next to the router or to the personal hot spot and it will still...
  10. Laptop losing wifi

Laptop losing wifi: After the last Windows update, my laptop keeps losing the home wifi connection. I can still see all the other networks in the area, but it does not see mine. I have to reset the adapter, or disable and enable the adapter, but it's getting really annoying, because I have to...