Windows 10: Laptop keeps rebooting

Discus and support Laptop keeps rebooting in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi guys,i need some help booting my laptop,i went and ''reset my pc'' thinking it will make my laptop new..I didnt do a recovery because i was only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tray, Jun 26, 2016.

1. tray Win User

Laptop keeps rebooting

Hi guys,i need some help booting my laptop,i went and ''reset my pc'' thinking it will make my laptop new..I didnt do a recovery because i was only wipeing out all my old file ..
    So i did the reset and 5 min later there was a message saying ''there was a problem resetting no change were made'' .So now each time i turn it on it only show the HP logo at the start then it will reboot all over again

:)

2. Help please ~ laptop keeps rebooting

Hi Andy,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue may occur if you have any corrupted hardware.

1) Have you connected any external devices to the laptop?

2) Have installed any latest updates to the computer?

I suggest you to place the computer in Safe mode and perform the Clean boot and check the issue.

To enter Safe Mode in Windows 10:

• Restart your PC.
    • Press Shift + restart before the Windows logo appears.
    • Click See Advanced Repair Options.
    • Click Troubleshoot.
    • Click Advanced Options.
    • Click Windows Startup Settings.
    • Click Restart.
    • You then see a list where you can choose Safe Mode or
      Safe Mode with Networking (depending on whether you think you’ll need the Internet).

You could put your system in clean boot state and check if any third party application or any services is causing the issue and hence the error.
    Perform clean boot to identify if any 3rd party service is causing this issue:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After performing the troubleshooting steps in clean boot, follow
    Step 3 from the link to start the computer to
    Normal startup mode.

Note: Also applies to Windows 10.

Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Anil Madishetty, Jun 26, 2016
  3. swartfrik Win User
    Laptop keeps rebooting after update

Thanks for the help. I installed all the updates and my laptop is an hp I3.

I tried your suggestions and my laptop can shut down now but there is still a problem.

As soon as I try to open my control panel, it opens, the screen just blinks and closes all windows an I have to start again,so I cant change any settings in my control panel.It keeps doing it every now and then even when Im not doing anything on it. It does
    it with every program and file I want to open, even when the computer is just idle. Should I go back to windows 7?

Thanks

Frik

swartfrik, Jun 26, 2016
  4. tray Win User

Laptop keeps rebooting

Hi guys,i just realize now that i click on ''Remove files and clean the drive '' instead of ''just remove my file ''well does this mean im stuff.*Sad..I was wondering why it keep asking for a system image. ..Can i undo this or do i need to reinstall window10.... Reinstalling w10 is easy it just the key that is hard.

5. tray Win User
    Never mind,its a bio key,it auto activated my w10

tray, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Laptop keeps rebooting

1. Laptop keeps rebooting - Similar Threads - Laptop keeps rebooting

2. Laptop keeps on rebooting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop keeps on rebooting: My Surface 3 keeps showing me the windows logo with the spinning dots, freezes half way through, goes black, and repeat. I don't know what to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-keeps-on-rebooting/a068a8ab-8b52-40e8-b82b-659f1a876a8e
  3. Laptop keeps on rebooting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop keeps on rebooting: My Surface 3 keeps showing me the windows logo with the spinning dots, freezes half way through, goes black, and repeat. I don't know what to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-keeps-on-rebooting/a068a8ab-8b52-40e8-b82b-659f1a876a8e
  4. Laptop keeps on rebooting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Laptop keeps freezing and rebooting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop keeps freezing and rebooting: I've had my laptop for a few years. It's an MSI gaming laptop, model number ms-16j9. A few months back, I was using my laptop and then it suddenly froze and I got the BSOD. After that point, the laptop would literally just keep going into this boot and then freeze at random...
  6. Laptop keeps freezing and rebooting

Laptop keeps freezing and rebooting: I've had my laptop for a few years. It's an MSI gaming laptop, model number ms-16j9. A few months back, I was using my laptop and then it suddenly froze and I got the BSOD. After that point, the laptop would literally just keep going into this boot and then freeze at random...
  7. Laptop keeps rebooting unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop keeps rebooting unexpectedly: Hi Team, Every time i happen to open windows settings in windows 10 or work on something, my laptop happens to reboot automatically. This problem is really hurting me as i lose my morale while working on something really important. Would be great if someone can guide me...
  8. My laptop keeps rebooting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My laptop keeps rebooting: I tried to update my laptop to version 1909, the first time it got stuck at 30% and shutoff, I reboot the laptop and windows uninstall the update and fixed the error in c drive as message shown on the bottom of my laptop. Tried a second time but after the 30% stuck and...
  9. laptop keeps rebooting

laptop keeps rebooting: Windows 10 Lenovo laptop. No new installs or hardware. Just keeps rebooting. Error log shows The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID {D63B10C5-BB46-4990-A94F-E40B9D520160} Any ideas?...
  10. laptop keeps rebooting

laptop keeps rebooting: I have a Toshiba laptop, which I’ve updated recently. Since that moment I’ve faced an error when booting my system. In the left corner of my laptop I see the following message: Missing operating system. I decided to load the command on an USB device with Windows tool on it....