Windows 10: Laptop keyboard issues

Discus and support Laptop keyboard issues in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My computer is an Asus ROG Strix GL503 running Windows 10. Occasionally my laptop will have one of three issues: The keyboard will get stuck typing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Brady Luxon, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Laptop keyboard issues

My computer is an Asus ROG Strix GL503 running Windows 10.

Occasionally my laptop will have one of three issues:

1. The keyboard will get stuck typing one key constantly without touching anything
    2. The keyboard will type the same key twice even though it's pushed once (most common issue)
    3. The keyboard will stop responding altogether

I have found a way to fix the third issue when it happens. I have to right click on the windows icon and go to Device Manager, and then under keyboards there are three HID Keyboard Devices. Once I uninstall one of them, it fixes the problem. For the second issue, I've tried changing the settings for how long a key needs to be held down in order to repeat, but this hasn't worked. As for the first issue, depending on what key is stuck, I may be able to do what I did for the third issue to fix it. But if it's a key and it opens something else when right clicking on the windows icon, then I have to restart my laptop to fix it.

So while I have some temporary fixes for at least one of the issues, I can never completely fix it. While typing this, the second issue has occurred at least 5 times (you'll have to take my word for that). I'm unsure of how to fix these issues for good. It may just be a problem with this specific laptop and not Windows. I don't know of anyone else having these issues.

:)

Brady Luxon, Jul 23, 2018
  2. Darshan J Win User

Laptop Keyboard layout issue .

Hello,

To assist you better please answer the questions below.

• What is the make and model of your laptop?
    • Which version of windows is running on your laptop?
    • Have you installed all pending updates on your laptop?
    • What issue are you facing while creating system restore point?

Method 1: Keyboard Layout settings.

Your keyboard layout might be set for a different language than the one you want to use. To change the key board layout:

• Click on Start menu, go to Settings and select Time and Language.
    • Go to Region and Language.
    • Click on Add a Language.
    • Select the language from Keyboard from the list.

Method 2: Uninstall the drivers.

Uninstalling the keyboard driver will not cause any serious problem, and the generic driver will automatically get re-install once you restart the computer after the uninstalling.

I suggest you to uninstall the drivers from Device Manager, restart the system and download the latest Keyboard drivers from the manufacturer’s website and try installing them on the system.

Follow these steps to un-install the drivers:

• On the search bar type “Device Manager
    • On the left pane locate “Keyboards” and expand by clicking on it
    • Right on the “Keyboards” option and click “Uninstall’
    • Download the latest drivers setup file from the manufacturer’s website and install it.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Darshan J, Oct 14, 2018
  3. Disabling laptop keyboard

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per the description. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I suggest you follow the steps below and check if that helps:

• Press Windows + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.
    • Find Keyboards in the list of devices and click the arrow to expand it.
    • Right-click on the internal keyboard and click Disable. If there is no Disable option listed, click
      Uninstall.
    • Click File>Exit. Your laptop’s internal keyboard should now be disabled.
    Note: If you had to choose Uninstall instead of Disable in step 4, the keyboard will be automatically detected and re-installed if you ever have the Device Manager scan for new hardware for some reason. If that happens you’ll need to repeat this procedure
    in order to uninstall it again.

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Oct 14, 2018
  4. Laptop keyboard issues

Windows 10 Laptop Keyboard Keys Acting Strange

Hi,

I realize that you are facing issues with the keyboard on your PC. I will try to help you with this issue.

Suggest you to plug in an external keyboard to the laptop to check if that helps.

Further you may also use the onscreen keyboard to check if that helps.

Follow these steps to launch the On-screen keyboard:

• Press Windows key + R to get the run window.

• Type “osk” and hit enter to launch the On-screen keyboard and check if this helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Oct 14, 2018
Thema:

Laptop keyboard issues

1. Laptop keyboard issues - Similar Threads - Laptop keyboard issues

2. Laptop keyboard issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop keyboard issue: So my keypad on my laptop is malfunctioning out of nowhere, when I try to login the buttons sent working and putting in different letters and number. Example I try to press a and it enters q1 and so on. I used the onscreen keyboard to login then I was reading one of your...
  3. Laptop Keyboard Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Keyboard Issue: Whenever I press a key on my laptop keyboard after not pressing a key for about 10 seconds, that key doesn't register. But if I press a key again, the key registers and I would be able to continue typing smoothly without any issues as long as I don't stop typing for my than...
  4. Laptop Keyboard Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Keyboard Issue: Whenever I press a key on my laptop keyboard after not pressing a key for about 10 seconds, that key doesn't register. But if I press a key again, the key registers and I would be able to continue typing smoothly without any issues as long as I don't stop typing for my than...
  5. Laptop Keyboard Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Keyboard Issue: I am having an issue with the keyboard of my laptop. For any text to be typed, I have to hold down the key for several seconds, and only then will the letter appear. The issue is not filter keys or sticky keys, as I have disabled those in the Settings > Ease of Access >...
  6. Laptop Keyboard Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop Keyboard Issue: I have this issue with my new laptop, the brand is Lenovo, whenever I press three keys at the same time, and I release the 2nd key while still holding the 1st and 3rd keys I inputted, the 2nd key gets stuck not physically and continues to register until I only release either...
  7. LAPTOP KEYBOARD ISSUE

LAPTOP KEYBOARD ISSUE: While pressing SHIFT + 2 key " is typed instead of @ and when I type SHIFT +" @ is typed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-keyboard-issue/bc1aaefe-b0a7-47cb-bc62-cdc1f31d42ff
  8. Keyboard issues on laptop

Keyboard issues on laptop: Hi. Whenever I’m typing on my laptop my keys dont work like they are supposed to. For example if I press my i key I will get iu or if I press my h (lowercase) key the h won’t appear. Also if I press my m key it will type ,m instead. Is there a way to fix it so that my keys...
  9. Laptop Keyboard issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop Keyboard issue: Having issues with my HP Presario keyboard,when using the Shift + @ for emailing I get " ,if I use Shift + 2 I get @, I can't think I've changed any settings so am at a loss.Continuous pressing of the Shift key brings up a Sticky Keys option box,any help appreciated 120564
  10. Laptop keyboard? Issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop keyboard? Issue: Troubleshooting Dell laptop, Windows 10, from recent update. Windows start-up locks with black screen and moveable cursor between Dell start page and windows boot image. Recovery troubleshooter wont restore or fix issue. Attempting to boot to safe mode, but locked on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. gl503 keyboard issues

2. keyboard issues with asus laptop