Windows 10: Laptop Left Speaker Gone Mute

Discus and support Laptop Left Speaker Gone Mute in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I had a lenovo laptop lose its Left speaker (Speaker Properties > Advanced > Test : Checked! , Balance : Checked!) and planned to have it repaired... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by nIGHTmAYOR, Oct 13, 2017.

1. Laptop Left Speaker Gone Mute

So I had a lenovo laptop lose its Left speaker (Speaker Properties > Advanced > Test : Checked! , Balance : Checked!) and planned to have it repaired since this is the laptop I use for work (Mainly presentations and video editing) .

While scheduling for a replacement in a workshop I googled the laptop model tear down only to find out that apparently lenovo started with the speakers then belt everything else over it and honestly I do not trust the repair shop much to do the job but its my only option .

But then suddenly light came out from the end of the tunnel while fiddling with K-Lite player ffdshow audio settings :

Laptop Left Speaker Gone Mute [​IMG]

So according to visualizer , audio streams are being played from right speaker only , and yes the source is stereo , I am assuming that if the speaker was broken visualization would render for both R & L speakers but yet no sound coming out from R .

I managed to delete the driver and went for windows defaults , still the same Left only persisted to work , re-installed latest driver , same thing .

So are there more solid means to test if this wasnt a windows issue or to fix this ? (Please exclude resetting windows or reinstalling a new one because this would consume plenty of time to get things back to normal again ).

:)

nIGHTmAYOR, Oct 13, 2017

2. How to install audio output device?

Thanks for help. Hoping this works. Frustrating as I muted speakers and now they are gone. Seems like a glitch.

Dprice-crc, Oct 13, 2017
  3. no sound on 6303 classic

the small handset speaker must be gone, get it replaced. also check if volume is muted.. just in case Laptop Left Speaker Gone Mute ;)

nutter---01, Oct 13, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Laptop Left Speaker Gone Mute

Have you checked to see if you have a balance control?

And presumably you've checked you have stereo via your headphones..

Also see

dalchina, Oct 14, 2017
  5. zbook New Member
    To remove windows from the testing you can create a bootable Ubuntu/Linux drive and test the audio.
    Ubuntu tutorials

If you had not already used the Windows troubleshooters you can run the hardware, and sound troubleshooters using control panel or through the Microsoft easy fix: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...-fix-solutions

Some computer manufactures have on board firmware to test the hardware (HP and Dell)
    Some have the ability to create a bootable flash drive to test the hardware (HP)
    So check with Lenovo to see if they have software that can be installed on the computer, a website with diagnostics, or the ability to download software to a flash drive to check the hardware.

zbook, Oct 14, 2017
  6. @dalchina : I did , same result , right only speaker produces test sound .

@zbook : Do I have to find ubuntu audio drivers for my card to install later to booting ?

nIGHTmAYOR, Oct 14, 2017
  7. dalchina New Member
    And your headphones?
    You can also try Kyhi's boot disk available from the top of the Software and Apps section here.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Laptop Left Speaker Gone Mute

1. Laptop Left Speaker Gone Mute - Similar Threads - Laptop Left Speaker

2. Bluetooth speaker going mute

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth speaker going mute: For some reason when were I'm watching a video like on youtube and the next video comes on, it goes on mute. I resolve it by having to pause and play. This also happens to my other application like VLC media player. Another thing it does if I have to tabs playing a video and...
  3. Speaker icon on mute

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Speaker icon on mute: My speaker icon has a red X and speaker setup UNKNOWN and is OFF can't figure out how to turn on! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speaker-icon-on-mute/e9fe8207-57f9-41c4-badd-0dcd907e8134
  4. Speaker automatically mutes sound?

Speaker automatically mutes sound?: Hello Hello, i listen to music via bluetooth with my devil speaker over youtube (chrome) and everything works fine. But when I am on another page in Firefox and e.g. a video is playing which I pause or switch off, the sound of Chrome is automatically switched off. Not...
  5. speakers muting

speakers muting: my speakers quit working on my laptop, which is an HP using realtek audio. I have lost my sound, it is very low and if you put the speakers near your ear you can hardly hear anything. When I try to do things with the speaker settings and try to play something, it may work for...
  6. Speaker is muted in Skype

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Speaker is muted in Skype: I cannot hear the other person. The speakers work in all other applications. In trying to troubleshoot this I stumbled on a screen that shows whether the speakers are working in various application. All showed they were except Skype which is grayed out. Solution? 63.778...
  7. Speaker icon muted

in Windows 10 Customization
    Speaker icon muted: Speaker icon muted at top left corner on microsoft edge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speaker-icon-muted/d4faa040-1f2f-4dd6-ab39-e1289624f6d0
  8. Surface Pro 4 muted (faded volume) on left speaker

Surface Pro 4 muted (faded volume) on left speaker: Hi. My Surface Pro 4 have a strange bug with sound/drivers problem. Sometimes (generally after SP4 Is resumed from sleep or hibernate) the sound only works well in the right speaker, and sound in the left speaker is almost muted. This is driving my crazy, because I can't...
  9. Muting left/right channel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Muting left/right channel: Hi, I am developing an application which requires me to mute left/right individually while listening to continuous audio output via headphone/earphone. I have tried the following options in windows 7, 8,8.1,10 laptops, - Adjusting the balance levels in playback device...
  10. External Speaker Fails to Mute Internal Speaker

External Speaker Fails to Mute Internal Speaker: I am running Windows 10 Professional with current up-to-date updates on my Dell Inspiron Laptop. Several days ago I noticed that plugging in current headset no longer muted the internal speaker. I know that it is not the headset as it works perfectly on another computer....