Windows 10: Laptop lights gets on and then goes out

Discus and support Laptop lights gets on and then goes out in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Laptop power light gets on and then goes out by itself after like 2 seconds. I was actually cleaning the fans and replaced my ssd to a second slot.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ayush Lalotra, Dec 4, 2023.

1. Laptop lights gets on and then goes out

Laptop power light gets on and then goes out by itself after like 2 seconds. I was actually cleaning the fans and replaced my ssd to a second slot. During this I accidentally switched laptop on then i tried to force shutdown it as the fans were disconnected from the device and device was working slow. After this shut down it never came on. Now i checked all the cables and stuff but nothing seems to work

:)

Ayush Lalotra, Dec 4, 2023
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Dec 4, 2023
  3. Geethu B Win User
    Laptop Screen goes dark when I Plug in or plug out.

Hi Haifz,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that your laptop screen goes black while plugging the charger.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better, let me know what is the model number of the laptop?

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Outdated or corrupt driver.
    • Missing Windows Updates.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to install all the available Windows Updates and check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to download and install all the latest device drivers including graphics and chipset driver from the computer manufacturer website.

http://support.asus.com/download/Options.aspx?SLanguage=en&type=1

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Dec 4, 2023
  4. remolanot Win User

Laptop lights gets on and then goes out

Keyboard lights

1. Did you mean the keyboard backlight or indicator lights (i.e. Num Lock)?
    2. If your problem is about indicator lights, are you using a external keyboard?

--KEYBOARD BACKLIGHT--

Consult your laptop's manual downloaded from the internet. You might want to install some drivers in order to use the backlight.

--INDICATOR LIGHT--

1. LAPTOP KEYBOARD
      • If indicator light, try pressing the Caps Lock key and see if the caps lock light turned on. Same process for Scroll and Num lock.
      • Some laptops may show the "Caps Lock ON" in your laptop screen.
    2. EXTERNAL KEYBOARD (EITHER USB OR BLUETOOTH)
      • When you use the external keyboard, locate the "Caps Lock" key indicator light. Try pressing the "Caps Lock" and make sure if it is turned on. Same process for Scroll and Num Lock.

If these are not working, try installing or updating the drivers. You'll need to restart after installing.

remolanot, Dec 4, 2023
Thema:

Laptop lights gets on and then goes out

1. Laptop lights gets on and then goes out - Similar Threads - Laptop lights gets

2. microphone goes in and out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microphone goes in and out: most of the time my clients are unable to hear me 3 different headsets they all have done the same thing. the program i use for work is Zoiper 5 i ran diagnostics on it and reported fine...
  3. Laptop lights gets on and then goes out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop lights gets on and then goes out: Laptop power light gets on and then goes out by itself after like 2 seconds. I was actually cleaning the fans and replaced my ssd to a second slot. During this I accidentally switched laptop on then i tried to force shutdown it as the fans were disconnected from the device...
  4. Laptop lights gets on and then goes out

Laptop lights gets on and then goes out: Laptop power light gets on and then goes out by itself after like 2 seconds. I was actually cleaning the fans and replaced my ssd to a second slot. During this I accidentally switched laptop on then i tried to force shutdown it as the fans were disconnected from the device...
  5. Laptop not getting turned on, white light blinking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop not getting turned on, white light blinking: laptop hanged then crashed and shut down. I connected to adapter, showing charging on disconnect adapter, white light blinking continuously. tried windows + B + power, and also pushing power button for 20s. Nothing is working what should i do?...
  6. Laptop not getting turned on, white light blinking

Laptop not getting turned on, white light blinking: laptop hanged then crashed and shut down. I connected to adapter, showing charging on disconnect adapter, white light blinking continuously. tried windows + B + power, and also pushing power button for 20s. Nothing is working what should i do?...
  7. Laptop not getting turned on, white light blinking

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Camera light goes on and off

Camera light goes on and off: New Dell Inspiron 7590 has integrated webcam that is blinking off on on, even in the Camera app. Great machine but if I can't use it for video calls, what's the point given everybody is working from home. This is using Microsoft USB drivers version 10.0.18362.815 consisting...
  9. Monitor on laptop intermittently goes blank - but its power light stays on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor on laptop intermittently goes blank - but its power light stays on: I have seen this problem on so many forums - yet to see an answer: I have an Acer KG221Q monitor. Windows 10, Microsoft SurfacePro, Win 10 via Targus Universal Docking Station and HDMI. The Monitor intermittently goes blank - but its power light stays on. Also the same on...
  10. Light on laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Light on laptop: My laptop keeps going very dim ive tried to adjust the brightness but still goes dim..any help b very welcome ? thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/light-on-laptop/176421f3-08b0-4ede-91f5-f5dd488ec012