Windows 10: Laptop Lost Power

Discus and support Laptop Lost Power in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi I was using my Laptop, Dell Vostro 1000, and it shut down. I pushed the power button and nothing happened, so I did the following: Checked the wall... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by theweav, Sep 16, 2017.

1. theweav Win User

Laptop Lost Power

Hi
    I was using my Laptop, Dell Vostro 1000, and it shut down. I pushed the power button and nothing happened, so I did the following: Checked the wall outlet.
    Removed the battery and tried to power it up with the power adapter.
    Replaced the power adapter.
    Tried to power it up with and without the battery installed using new power adapter.
    Is there anything else I can try? It is dead as a doornail!

:)

theweav, Sep 16, 2017

2. Update to Windows 10 Home - Pending - 80242014 (lost power during install)

I was downloading windows 10 from my windows 7 laptop but my laptop lost power. Now I cant find the option to download windows 10 again??

RossGraham1, Sep 16, 2017
  3. maay---01 Win User
    "Test Mode" problem while updating 6131 firmware

FAQ

30. What if my phone runs out of battery during download or installation?

It is strongly recommended that you connect your phone to a power source using a charger and/or that the phone battery is adequately charged before starting the update. If power is lost during the download phase, you will either have to start the sequence again
    or take your phone to a Nokia Care service point. If you are updating over-the-air and power is lost during the installation phase and then restored (ie. by plugging your phone to a power source), the process should continue from the point prior to power loss.

If you are updating via laptop, it is strongly recommended that you connect your laptop to a

maay---01, Sep 16, 2017
  4. theweav Win User

Laptop Lost Power

I just noticed: When I plug in the power adapter, the LED on the adapter goes out. Does this mean there is a short circuit in the laptop? This happens with or without the battery installed.

theweav, Sep 16, 2017
Thema:

Laptop Lost Power

1. Laptop Lost Power - Similar Threads - Laptop Lost Power

2. How to recover files lost after laptop lost power while updating to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to recover files lost after laptop lost power while updating to Windows 10: Laptop that was dependent on power cable got unplugged halfway through updating to Windows 10. The hard drive is still functional. I tried connecting the hard drive to another computer with a SATA cable but all the files are scrambled and I am unable to access them.There are...
  3. How to recover files lost after laptop lost power while updating to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to recover files lost after laptop lost power while updating to Windows 10: Laptop that was dependent on power cable got unplugged halfway through updating to Windows 10. The hard drive is still functional. I tried connecting the hard drive to another computer with a SATA cable but all the files are scrambled and I am unable to access them.There are...
  4. Lost power during upgrade

Lost power during upgrade: Lost power during upgrading my pc from windows 10 Pro to windows 11. Now it won’t boot. Any assistance is appreciated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-power-during-upgrade/3d21f5ff-28f1-4a3a-9650-c607e8ce5524
  5. Lost power during upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost power during upgrade: Lost power during upgrading my pc from windows 10 Pro to windows 11. Now it won’t boot. Any assistance is appreciated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-power-during-upgrade/3d21f5ff-28f1-4a3a-9650-c607e8ce5524
  6. Persistent Kernel Power Lost

Persistent Kernel Power Lost: For the past many months, my computer will crash and restarted instantly when playing Squad. My computer specs are more than enough to run the game. It is always event ID 41 and nothing else. I have tried, -disabled C-start -changed power options to 0- updated every single...
  7. Persistent Kernel Power Lost

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Persistent Kernel Power Lost: For the past many months, my computer will crash and restarted instantly when playing Squad. My computer specs are more than enough to run the game. It is always event ID 41 and nothing else. I have tried, -disabled C-start -changed power options to 0- updated every single...
  8. Persistent Kernel Power Lost

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Lost laptop......

Lost laptop......: Searching on my MSI laptop lost at the end of October, I found the info below:What does it mean? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-laptop/ba6d2156-2f5b-4c62-8b65-1cc7bbbe98c4
  10. Lost power while updating

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost power while updating: I lost power while KB5005565 was installing. It hadn't restarted yet, but was installing per the Windows Update window. Now I get an error every time it tries to install....