Windows 10: Laptop monitor won't wake after sleep when updating intel gfx drivers.

Discus and support Laptop monitor won't wake after sleep when updating intel gfx drivers. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a asus ux305ca. Has a gma 515. Latop comes with windows 10 x64. If i update the gma drivers, either manually or via windows update (insider... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by fusk, Jun 11, 2016.

1. fusk Win User

Laptop monitor won't wake after sleep when updating intel gfx drivers.

I have a asus ux305ca. Has a gma 515. Latop comes with windows 10 x64. If i update the gma drivers, either manually or via windows update (insider builds which includes an updated driver). The machine will work fine, but after sleep and you open the lid, the monitor won't wake. You can however install the older driver asus has on their website which will restore functionality.
    Is this a bios problem or what exactly is not compatible with the newer intel drivers?

:)

2. JPeagle Win User

Windows 10 doesn't remember the "Extend these displays" setting after sleep

Having a hard time coping with windows handling multiple monitors on multiple graphic chips after wakeup from sleep.

I have 2 monitors - one connected to my main ASUS Strix (nVidia) 980, and the other to on-chip Intel I7 HD Graphics 4600.

Ever since I had windows 10 installed - it doesn't remember the "Extend these displays" when waking up from sleep.

Always wakes up with "Show only on display 1" (the 980)

I WILL not even try to connect both the monitors to the nVidia card,

- kind of negates the benefit of having a 2D screen just for social/manual reading when gaming.

(latest drivers of everything (nVidia gfx driver - not ASUS) and Win10 Pro up to date)

How hard can it be to save the setting (or even redetect the monitors/gfx chips)

Suggestions anyone?

Seen some people ask similar questions - but they had a laptop lid they closed... and my monitors are stationary always connected.

And I really wonder what the education level of the MS people answering here is. I as a northern European seem to understand the questions better than the MS folks - at least it seems so when reading their (somewhat irrelevant) return questions?

Not to mention the totally irrelevant links they present from time to time. Kind of sad...

regards,

JP

JPeagle, Jun 11, 2016
  3. Installed Windows 10 & my computer won't wake up

I have this same problem. I upgraded from Windows 7 to 10, and my HP Envy 17 laptop's monitor won't wake up after sleep. I updated all the drivers, including for the Intel HD 3000 and AMD Radeon 6800M. I also tried different versions of the Intel chipset
    drivers, and the Intel MEI drivers. The fans will spin up, the keyboard backlight will turn on, and if I randomly type or click the mouse I sometimes hear the accessibility assistant, so it appears Windows is awake but the screen remains off.

thoreaulylazy, Jun 11, 2016
  4. Laptop monitor won't wake after sleep when updating intel gfx drivers.

Same computer, same problem. After windows automatically updated the computer today the screen won't start after the lid has been shut, but the computer itself starts.

Uninvolved, Jun 12, 2016
  5. I rolled back the system to a restore point, and it worked fine. But then I re-intalled the newer intel driver (154022.4424) and the same problem arises. I also tried installing a beta driver (154022.4444) but no luck either. I will now try installing an older driver i found on intels website (154010.4300).

Uninvolved, Jun 12, 2016
  6. fusk Win User
    If you reinstall the driver from the asus site, it will start working again.
    But, if you restore the computer to factory default, it will keep the driver. So that does not fix the problem. In the beginning i didn't know what was wrong, so i phoned asus support which said it was a hardware issue and i need to get it replaced.

The one i have now is my 6'th replacement, before i my self figured out what the problem was.
    I have also written asus national and global about the problem, no response. And i've written to the national asus team before where they responded quickly.

The big problem is that preview builds are including a newer driver, which means it'll not be long before they roll out to the average user. Eventually everyone with a ux305ca will have this problem.
    I recently wrote back to them that i took their silence as a nope, and that i would most likely get this refunded.
    Then go for a asus tp301ua instead, it's only 67 more and most likely won't have this problem as the i5 is more widespread than the m3.

But i still don't quite understand where the complication is.

7. I think I got it figured out yesterday, as installing the older intel driver from 2015 resolved the issue. I've only had this machine for a week though. Hopefully intel will fix the issue soon.

Uninvolved, Jun 12, 2016
  8. fusk Win User

Most likely they will not, i've had 6 since February.

fusk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Laptop monitor won't wake after sleep when updating intel gfx drivers. - Similar Threads - Laptop monitor won't

2. Monitor won't wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor won't wake from sleep: Split from this thread. After 23H2 update, my monitor won't wake when the PC does, it takes about 2-3 minutes after a few beeps.The BIOS for the MSIB560M-A PRO MB is uptodate and the latest drivers for the Geforce 750Ti are installed and yet the problem persists.Noticed power...
  3. Monitor won't wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor won't wake from sleep: Split from this thread. After 23H2 update, my monitor won't wake when the PC does, it takes about 2-3 minutes after a few beeps.The BIOS for the MSIB560M-A PRO MB is uptodate and the latest drivers for the Geforce 750Ti are installed and yet the problem persists.Noticed power...
  4. Monitor won't wake up in dual monitor Windows 10 after sleep or wake up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor won't wake up in dual monitor Windows 10 after sleep or wake up: I have samsung 34 inch wide monitor connected to my windows laptop via USB - C , however evetime, laptop goes to sleep and when I try to login again, only laptop monitor starts up, then I either need to plug out the USB c cable and connect again to recognize the connected...
  5. Monitor won't wake up in dual monitor Windows 10 after sleep or wake up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor won't wake up in dual monitor Windows 10 after sleep or wake up: I have samsung 34 inch wide monitor connected to my windows laptop via USB - C , however evetime, laptop goes to sleep and when I try to login again, only laptop monitor starts up, then I either need to plug out the USB c cable and connect again to recognize the connected...
  6. Monitor won't wake up in dual monitor Windows 10 after sleep or wake up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Monitor Wakes after sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitor Wakes after sleep: I have a self built AMD system with an ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO MOBO I set the screen to turn off after 3 minutes. It does, although it hangs up sometimes if Facebook is open But then it comes on again for 3 more minutes after 3 minutes of being off I thought it might be a MOBO...
  8. Monitor won't wake up after sleep

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor won't wake up after sleep: Hello guys, I built my PC a few weeks ago and since then I am struggling with a problem. When my PC wakes up from standby mode the monitor stays off and does not wake up anymore. I have already reinstalled all drivers and tried it with other GPU but without success. I...
  9. Remote Monitor Won't Wake Up After Sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Remote Monitor Won't Wake Up After Sleep: After the last Windows update my remote monitor no longer wakes up when my computer is awakened. What to do? I have tried reloading the monitor drivers to no avail....
  10. Monitor Won't Won't Turn On Waking From Sleep

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor Won't Won't Turn On Waking From Sleep: PC turns on from mouse key or keyboard key , monitor's green power light is on but screen dark. -Have jiggled power cord to pc, both ends of monitor's cable to pc but nothing happens. -Have checked both keyboard and mouse hardware settings and they are set to "wake" -Have...