Windows 10: Laptop new battery problems

Discus and support Laptop new battery problems in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi Guys...... have just replaced the battery on an old laptop (yes it is on Windows 10) My problem is that it only charges to an indicated 73%. On... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Skofab, Oct 19, 2015.

1. Skofab Win User

Laptop new battery problems

Hi Guys......
    have just replaced the battery on an old laptop (yes it is on Windows 10)
    My problem is that it only charges to an indicated 73%.
    On some computers it is possible to recalibrate this indication - what can you suggest.
    I have metered the output from the charger and this is OK. Failing a calibration error correction - I am looking at a faulty new battery perhaps. I think(?) that when first used and fully charged it did indicate 100%.
    you comments welcomed.

:)

Skofab, Oct 19, 2015
  2. Carlo Fer Win User

new battery for Laptop

Hi,

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with your system's power settings. Please follow the steps below:

• Click the Start button> type Troubleshoot then press
      Enter.

• Under Find and fix other problems, select Power.
    • Click Run the troubleshooter.

Also, provided the battery was genuine and was purchased from a certified reseller, we suggest that you contact your device manufacturer for further assistance.

Hope this information helps, feel free to post back should you need further assistance.

Carlo Fer, Oct 19, 2015
  3. RMendez13 Win User
    new battery for Laptop

Dell Inspiron E1505 its says its compatible it shows it plugged in and says charging but its not take power adapter out plug it back in it starts to charge for a few seconds then battery light turns off stops charging but says its charging maybe
    I should have bought the 6 cell not the 9 cell

somebody help please.. thank you

Moved from: Microsoft Education / Windows 10 / Windows settings

RMendez13, Oct 19, 2015
Thema:

Laptop new battery problems

1. Laptop new battery problems - Similar Threads - Laptop battery problems

2. Battery Problem on Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery Problem on Laptop: Hi, I'm using an Asus A455L Series and I feel like the battery is going haywire. The battery drains quickly from 100 to 25 in mere 1-2hrs and shows only 5minute to display when its at 25%. I charged it and its working alright yet I realise it charges fast. Isit incorrect...
  3. Battery Problem on Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery Problem on Laptop: Hi, I'm using an Asus A455L Series and I feel like the battery is going haywire. The battery drains quickly from 100 to 25 in mere 1-2hrs and shows only 5minute to display when its at 25%. I charged it and its working alright yet I realise it charges fast. Isit incorrect...
  4. Laptop Battery Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Battery Problem: Hello everyone,I have an issue on my HP Elitebook 745 G4. The battery has 60% or 80% charge and I shut it down. When I turn it on, everything looks fine until I log into windows. The battery suddenly drops to 0% and the laptop turns off.If I plug the power cable when I turn...
  5. Laptop Battery Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Battery Problem: Hello everyone,I have an issue on my HP Elitebook 745 G4. The battery has 60% or 80% charge and I shut it down. When I turn it on, everything looks fine until I log into windows. The battery suddenly drops to 0% and the laptop turns off.If I plug the power cable when I turn...
  6. Laptop Battery Problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Laptop battery problem

Laptop battery problem: I plugged my laptop for several hours and it is not charging at all. There is a blinking orange light in the center of the base of the computer. the computer works fine as long as I have it plugged. The battery is not charging at all. It shows 2% charge....
  8. laptop battery not charging. (brand new battery)

laptop battery not charging. (brand new battery): just got a new battery but when I installed it, I only get "plugged in not charging "message. my a/c adapter cord is about 3months old. phone call to computer store says my new battery is problemno good and this is common. anyone else hear of this? anyone have knowledge to...
  9. Laptop battery problem

Laptop battery problem: I've recently gotten notifications that my battery is low on charge, although I have kept the laptop docked and plugged in. It now says it is plugged in and discharging and has only 5% charge remaining. What is the problem? Do I need a new battery?...
  10. New Laptop Battery Not Charging

New Laptop Battery Not Charging: I have a Toshiba Satellite L550. The OEM battery was, at this point, eight years old and barely held a charge for more than 40 minutes if the AC adapter was unplugged. Went to a battery store today and got a replacement battery. I held my power button down while the AC was...