Windows 10: Laptop not always accessible in home network

Discus and support Laptop not always accessible in home network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have 2 desktops and 1 laptop at home. All 3 are joined in a homegroup, and all network and sharing settings are selected properly. All 3 computers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Huibrecht, Feb 5, 2016.

1. Huibrecht Win User

Laptop not always accessible in home network

I have 2 desktops and 1 laptop at home. All 3 are joined in a homegroup, and all network and sharing settings are selected properly. All 3 computers have same windows accounts (passwords), same programs and same internet security.

The 3 computers show up in the network folder and can be accessed from any other computer.
    However access to the laptop is often denied, by error message 0x80070035 "network path not found"

From the laptop, each desktop is always accessible, no matter who is signed in.
    From the desktops, the laptop is often not accessible (error message)
    If nobody is signed in on the laptop, access seems to be ok.
    If someone is signed in, quite often the network error does appear.
    Very strange*sarc

:)

Huibrecht, Feb 5, 2016

2. File History on a Network drive isn't backed up automatically

I have windows 10 on two computers, on a desktop and on a laptop.

The desktop stores the file history on a spare (local) disk without any problem and is always up to date with the recent file history changes.

The laptop has instead some problems. It's setup to store the file history on a network drive shared on the my home network, but it is never actually done. It just stores all the history on the laptop itself and I have to manually force a synchronization
    in the file history settings to get it to actually send the data to the network drive.

Also the laptop is mostly used at home, and the drive has always been accessible via the wireless connection, I don't understand why is it not working.

DarioMeloni, Feb 5, 2016
  3. rdmacl Win User
    I can no longer access either computer from the other on my Windows 10 home network.

Apparently I spoke too soon. The situation seems to be that my laptop is always accessible to my desktop but the desktop is not always accessible to the laptop. If I run the Network Reset on my desktop it then is visible and accessible to the laptop, but
    if I reboot my desktop it is no longer visible or accessible to the laptop. I must run Network Reset again to make it so.

rdmacl, Feb 5, 2016
  4. Private Win User

Does error still produced if you disable the Firewall of Internet Security?

Private, Feb 5, 2016
  5. Huibrecht Win User
    Yes, disabling the firewall makes no change.
    WiFi network is set on "thrusted". Selecting "local network" does not change anything neither.

Huibrecht, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Laptop not always accessible in home network - Similar Threads - Laptop always accessible

2. Losing Home Network Access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Losing Home Network Access: I have a new 2 months old HP PC running Win 11 and I have a home network. All of my other computers and Android phone cannot see the HP PC, every so often maybe once every 4 days. The HP PC never loses internet access but just can't be seen on the home network. None of my...
  3. Losing Home Network Access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Losing Home Network Access: I have a new 2 months old HP PC running Win 11 and I have a home network. All of my other computers and Android phone cannot see the HP PC, every so often maybe once every 4 days. The HP PC never loses internet access but just can't be seen on the home network. None of my...
  4. Unable to access networked PC on home network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to access networked PC on home network: I have 2 PC’s with Windows 10 on a home network, hardwired to the router. Despite configuring my home network to share files and configuring my antiviral program to private network and full trust on both PC’s, I cannot access the other PC on the network from either PC.When I...
  5. Unable to access networked PC on home network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to access networked PC on home network: I have 2 PC’s with Windows 10 on a home network, hardwired to the router. Despite configuring my home network to share files and configuring my antiviral program to private network and full trust on both PC’s, I cannot access the other PC on the network from either PC.When I...
  6. Home Network Access and Permission

Home Network Access and Permission: I justpurchase a Dell Inspiron 6706 Laptop but have problem getting access to othercomputers on my Home network. On thatHome Network I also have a Dell XPX 8930 and a HP Laptop. All three machinesare running on Windows 10 latest version 10.0.1942 Build 1942. The issue:...
  7. Two laptops on home network, Windows cannot access

Two laptops on home network, Windows cannot access: Computer #1 - Dell Computer #2 HP DELL cannot access the C; drive on HP windows cannot access \\hp\\c you do not have permission to access, HP can access the c: drive on Dell Both running windows 10 pro. How do I get Dell to access HP Tried all items posted,...
  8. can't access laptop over home network

can't access laptop over home network: I am running Windows 10 version 20H2 on both a desktop and laptop. The desktop has an ethernet connection to the WiFi/router. The laptop is connected wirelessly. The laptop can see the desktop and access its files. The desktop can see the laptop under >Network in File...
  9. How to access Laptop on home network

How to access Laptop on home network: I can see laptop drives from desktop but get this message. What to do? [img] 140181
  10. Home Networking – Windows cannot access \\Laptop

Home Networking – Windows cannot access \\Laptop: Hi, For several reasons I had to reinstall Windows 10 on my Laptop and I can no longer access my Laptop from any other PCs on my home network. This feature was working well before I reinstalled Windows. When I open File Explorer and click from another PC on any of the PCs...