Windows 10: Laptop Not Charging After July 2018 Cumulative Update

Discus and support Laptop Not Charging After July 2018 Cumulative Update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Good day. I would like to ask why my laptop sometimes failed to charge after I installed the latest Windows 10 July Cumulative Update and I needed to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Angelo M. Molina, Jul 17, 2018.

1. Laptop Not Charging After July 2018 Cumulative Update

Good day.

I would like to ask why my laptop sometimes failed to charge after I installed the latest Windows 10 July Cumulative Update and I needed to restart my laptop to charge again. Is the update affecting my charging because the problem only occurred after I installed the update or is their anything wrong in my hardware?

Hope to get a reply.

:)

Angelo M. Molina, Jul 17, 2018

2. 2018-02 Cumulative Updates not installing

Windows keeps trying to download and install 2018-02 Cumulative Update and 2018-01 Cumulative Update.

It downloads the update and then fails when trying to install. Then it downloads it again over and over.

On the update history page it shows two updates failing to install.

2018-02 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x64 base systems (KB4074588) (30)

Last failed install attempt 2/19/2018 - 0x8024200d

2018-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x64 base systems (KB4056892) (268)

Last failed install attempt 2/14/2018 - 80240034

My current Windows version is 16299.64

Any suggestions on getting it to install or at least to stop downloading the updates all the time. With Windows always downloading the same update over and over it seems to take priority on my internet connection and slows my browser and everything else
    down.

JeffCollier_970, Jul 17, 2018
  3. Microsoft Security Bulletin(s) for July 2018

Microsoft Security Bulletin(s) for July 2018

»portal.msrc.microsoft.co ··· 3a33c573

Release Notes

July 2018 Security Updates

Release Date: July 10, 2018

The July security release consists of security updates for the following software:

Internet Explorer

Microsoft Edge

Microsoft Windows

Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office Services and Web Apps

ChakraCore

Adobe Flash Player

.NET Framework

ASP.NET

Microsoft Research JavaScript Cryptography Library

Skype for Business and Microsoft Lync

Visual Studio

Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter V2 Software

PowerShell Editor Services

PowerShell Extension for Visual Studio Code

Web Customizations for Active Directory Federation Services

Please note the following information regarding the security updates:

• Windows 10 updates are cumulative. The monthly security release includes all security fixes for vulnerabilities that affect Windows 10, in addition to non-security updates. The updates are available via the

Microsoft Update Catalog
    • Starting in March 2017, a delta package will be available on the Microsoft Update Catalog for Windows 10 version 1607 and newer. This delta package contains just the delta changes between the previous month and the current release.
    • Updates for Windows RT 8.1 and Microsoft Office RT software are only available via

Windows Update
    • For information on lifecycle and support dates for Windows 10 operating systems, please see

Windows Lifecycle Facts Sheet
    • In addition to security changes for the vulnerabilities, updates include defense-in-depth updates to help improve security-related features.
    The following CVEs have FAQs with additional information and may include further steps to take after installing the updates.

Known Issues

Please note that Microsoft may release bulletins out side of this schedule if we determine the need to do so.

If you have any questions regarding the patch or its implementation after reading the above listed bulletin you should contact: For home users, no-charge support for security updates (only!) is available by calling 800-MICROSOFT (800-642-7676) in the US or
      877-568-2495 in Canada.

NICK ADSL UK, Jul 17, 2018
  4. Laptop Not Charging After July 2018 Cumulative Update

July cumulative update

Does anyone know if there will be a July Cumulative Update prior to the Anniversary Upgrade ?

fhorsfield, Jul 17, 2018
Thema:

Laptop Not Charging After July 2018 Cumulative Update

1. Laptop Not Charging After July 2018 Cumulative Update - Similar Threads - Laptop Charging July

2. Cumulative updates July 2021

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cumulative updates July 2021: This is a summary of the cumulative updates released on July 13th for all the supported consumer releases of Windows 10. Windows 10 version 2004, version 20H2, and version 21H1 KB5004237- Build 19041.1110, 19042.1110 and 19043.1110.For information about Windows update...
  3. No Sound/devices after Windows latest Update, July 2018

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No Sound/devices after Windows latest Update, July 2018: What a nightmare! I'm really at the end of my rope here. Does anyone have a solution for getting the sound devices working again on my computer? The latest update in July 2018 did quite a bit of damage to my PC that I use for recording music using Pro Tools as a DAW. This...
  4. New Updates for Surface Laptop - July 25, 2018

in Windows 10 News
    New Updates for Surface Laptop - July 25, 2018: On July 25th we released updates for Surface Laptop devices running Windows 10 Fall Creators Update version 1709 or greater to Windows Update. These updates are now available in MSI format on the Microsoft Download Center from the following links: Click Download to download...
  5. July 2018 BIOS update glitch

July 2018 BIOS update glitch: After update on the BIOS my laptop shows a line of dashes going vertically down the right side of my monitor screen. What do I need to do to fix this?...
  6. no sound AGAIN after july 2018 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    no sound AGAIN after july 2018 update: after the july 2018 update i have no sound from my speakers. tried to trouble shoot and update drivers but they seem to be working fine. Please help!!!!...
  7. July 2018 Update Hung at 30%

July 2018 Update Hung at 30%: I just had to have my OS re-installed after similar problem with May 2018 update. Last night home Gateway PC had "install and shutdown" message as I went to shut it down. This morning, appears hung at 30%. Arrived to my office and work HP machine shows "restart required...
  8. July cumulative update for 1803

July cumulative update for 1803: Microsoft: Yesterday, you guys came out with the July cumulative update for Windows 10 1803, after checking the website. The update never showed up after I went to settings, Windows update and check for updates. Does that mean I have to manually install it?...
  9. July 2018 updates for Microsoft Office

in Windows 10 News
    July 2018 updates for Microsoft Office: Microsoft released the following security and nonsecurity updates for Office in July 2018. These updates are intended to help our customers keep their computers up-to-date. We recommend that you install all updates that apply to you.To download an update, click the...
  10. Mail app after update July 2018

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail app after update July 2018: Anyone has any ideas: Mail app became nonfunctioinal (gmail could neither write nor receive email after a complete windows 10 re-install this continued but now another email account that I have in Outlook 2013 magically appeared in the mail app and could actually send but...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 cumulative update 1803 battery failed charge

2. windows 10 after update plugged in not charging 2018