Windows 10: Laptop not starting after chkdsk command

Discus and support Laptop not starting after chkdsk command in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My laptop is not getting started after running chkdsk command. My laptop had inbuilt windows and I don’t have any CD. What should I do?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NehaJain2, Aug 2, 2018.

1. NehaJain2 Win User

Laptop not starting after chkdsk command

My laptop is not getting started after running chkdsk command. My laptop had inbuilt windows and I don’t have any CD. What should I do?

:)

NehaJain2, Aug 2, 2018

2. ChkDsk Problem at computer startup

Hi,

Please provide the answers to the following for us to be able to learn more about the issue you're experiencing:

• Are your drivers up-to-date? If not yet, you can follow the steps found on this
      link on how to update your drivers in Windows 10.
    • Have you already tried running chkdsk /f /r command in the Command Prompt to fix any errors on the disk? If not yet, here's how:
    • Right-click the Start icon, choose Command Prompt (Admin) to execute the Command Prompt window.
    • Type chkdsk /f /r, then press the Enter key from the keyboard.

If the above mentioned steps have been followed and the message still appears when booting the laptop, it would be best that you contact your laptop manufacturer as there really might be an issue with your hard drive.

You can also consider running the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    first before contacting your laptop manufacturer to find and repair problems with your devices and hardware. You can follow these steps to run the said troubleshooter:

• Right-click the Start icon, then select Control Panel.
    • Choose the Large icons option from the View by drop down list found on the upper-right part of the Control Panel window.
    • Locate then select Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all from the left pane.
    • Locate and click Hardware and Devices to run the troubleshooter then follow the next steps.

Let us know what happens after doing the troubleshooting steps above.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Aug 2, 2018
  3. Naki Win User
    GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile Laptop not starting after chkdsk command :)

Naki, Aug 2, 2018
  4. Jelo Sen Win User

chkdsk c: /F

We appreciate the response. I'm referring to Check Disk (chkdsk) utility tool. If you haven't tried yet, we suggest that you run a chkdsk by:

• Press Windows Key + X button to bring up the power user menu.
    • In the power user menu, select the Command Prompt (Admin) option.Click Yes when you are presented with a UAC window requesting permission to launch the Command Prompt as Administrator.
    • In the new Command Prompt window, type chkdsk E: /f /r /x. Here you should replace E with your drive letter.
    This option will run chkdsk to check and repair disk errors in Windows 10. The “/f” parameter tells CHKDSK to fix any errors it finds; “/r” tells it to locate the bad sectors on the drive and recover readable information; “/x” forces the drive to dismount
    before the process starts.

Keep us updated with the result.

Jelo Sen, Aug 2, 2018
Thema:

1. Laptop not starting after chkdsk command - Similar Threads - Laptop starting chkdsk

2. How many time CHKDSK command is executed after boot?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How many time CHKDSK command is executed after boot?: I have 2 5400RPM HDDs, 1 7200 HDD, and an SSD. I checked my disks with CrystalDiskMark and found out that one of my drive is in "Caution" state. Then I decided to start CHKDSK command via CMD on all of my drives on startup. Due to me having a doubt that I did that correctly,...
  3. How many time CHKDSK command is executed after boot?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How many time CHKDSK command is executed after boot?: I have 2 5400RPM HDDs, 1 7200 HDD, and an SSD. I checked my disks with CrystalDiskMark and have found out that one of my drive is in "Caution" state. Then I decided to start CHKDSK command on all of my drives on startup. Due to me having a little bit of doubt that I did that...
  4. chkdsk/f command

in Windows 10 Customization
    chkdsk/f command: Hello Microsoft. In 1976 I started writing computer software programs at Shasta College. That was prior to Microsoft or Apple. I was required to write an operating system for a desktop personal computer. That was before the contest that Bill Gates, and Steve Jobs, and...
  5. Chkdsk command not working correctly.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Chkdsk command not working correctly.: After a scan it says that I have errors on my disk and it needs to be repaired. It says I have to restart to repair. Once I restart, it says click any button to stop repair. I don’t press anything, and the computer starts up again without repairing. If I scan again, it says I...
  6. Settings commands chkdsk at command prompt

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Settings commands chkdsk at command prompt: Hello, I appealed to the Microsoft community and please send me ascript containing all the settings commands chkdsk to fix the bad ssd ect… Thank you! Wait for response! A good day!...
  7. Unspecified error after chkdsk in admin command prompt

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unspecified error after chkdsk in admin command prompt: In command promt with admin, I ran "chkdsk D: /f /r /x" and at step 4, I recieved "Stage 4: Looking for bad clusters in user file data ... Windows replaced bad clusters in file 30A9 of name \Program Files x86\Steam\steamapps\depotcache\414341_depotcache_4.csd. 2056432...
  8. Windows 10 will not start after running chkdsk

Windows 10 will not start after running chkdsk: Community members, My PC, running win 10 1809, had a disk warning and, as a result, I ran chkdsk / F / R. After completing and indicating that the corrections were completed, the PC does not boot. I have a lot of data that I would like to recover and I need some ideas. I...
  9. Chkdsk in command prompt

Chkdsk in command prompt: Why does running chkdsk in command prompt as administrator in windows 10 take so long? It looks like it will take weeks. Incidentally, after around 9,000 clusters checked...
  10. Chkdsk in command prompt

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Chkdsk in command prompt: Why does running chkdsk in command prompt as administrator in windows 10 take so long? It looks like it will take weeks. Incidentally, after around 6,000 clusters checked out of 835,248 clusters that hard drives Properties - Tools became accessible enabling chkdisk without...