Windows 10: Laptop operating temperature?

Discus and support Laptop operating temperature? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I am wondering if there is a utility within Windows 10 that will give a digital readout of the internal operating temperature? I know that some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dorian mode, Jul 19, 2016.

1. Laptop operating temperature?

Hello, I am wondering if there is a utility within Windows 10 that will give a digital readout of the internal operating
    temperature? I know that some Linux systems have this feature.
    Or is there a third party app available that will do this?
    Currently, my Windows 10 laptop does not overheat, my Windows 7 laptop does, which is a Lenovo Thinkpad L512.
    The problem being the cooling fan, which I replaced, but the replacement fan from China only worked for about 6 weeks.
    The laptop is still usable though as it takes from 30- 45 minutes for it to heat up to the point where it will stall.

:)

dorian mode, Jul 19, 2016
  2. neilpzz Win User

New laptop - no operating system

You can use your Windows 7 key if it is retail and not OEM.

neilpzz, Jul 19, 2016
  3. Spriffle Win User
    New laptop - no operating system

I shall give this a go as soon as I receive the laptop, thank you.

Spriffle, Jul 19, 2016
  4. Rocky Win User

Laptop operating temperature?

I use Core Temp, it works fine;

Core Temp

Rocky, Jul 19, 2016
  5. cbwilsha Win User
    I also recommend Core Temp. Free download at the address above.

cbwilsha, Jul 19, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    Another vote for Core Temp. Make sure you tip the developer for the great piece of software he has built since XP.

bro67, Jul 19, 2016
  7. Thanks everyone for the help.

dorian mode, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Laptop operating temperature?

1. Laptop operating temperature? - Similar Threads - Laptop operating temperature

2. Outdoor Temperature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outdoor Temperature: How do I get JUST OUTDOOR TEMPERATURE on my taskbar? I have Windows 10. #1: I have no weather tile to putz with to accomplish this; and #2: ALL I want is the outdoor temp, no picture, news topic, no ads....
  3. Laptop CPU throttling at low temperature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop CPU throttling at low temperature: So I have an Asus Zephyrus Duo 16 laptop, with an RTX 3080 Ti 16GB and a Ryzen 9 6900HX, and only recently I've been having stutters rendering some games unplayable- specifically Apex Legends.I found something, at times, my CPU will throttle up when nothing graphically...
  4. Laptop CPU throttling at low temperature

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop CPU throttling at low temperature: So I have an Asus Zephyrus Duo 16 laptop, with an RTX 3080 Ti 16GB and a Ryzen 9 6900HX, and only recently I've been having stutters rendering some games unplayable- specifically Apex Legends.I found something, at times, my CPU will throttle up when nothing graphically...
  5. temperature not correct

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    temperature not correct: How come these two aren't the same? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/temperature-not-correct/fd521ca7-050b-4783-907c-c776a2f3ac60
  6. Laptop frequently locking due to temperature

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop frequently locking due to temperature: Recently, my laptop has been overheating and constantly locking my computer which is incredibly annoying. I do not have many apps open, but the temperature skyrockets to 90 Celcius+. In short, is there a way to decrease temperature quickly? It happened after I changed Number...
  7. Gpu temperature

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Gpu temperature: I checked max temperature for nvidia gtx 1050ti and i7 8th gen and I found out that max temperature for gpu is 97 degrees and cpu is 100 degrees . Then i observed that the temperature recorded while playing Star wars: the fallen order was 89-90 degrees for gpu and 90-95...
  8. Laptop temperature problems

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop temperature problems: My laptop temps are in the low 70's on the desktop doing nothing. If I play scrabble sometimes the screen tears when I win and the fireworks start. If I use Skype or watch YouTube it gets too hot almost immediately and shuts itself down. I opened it up and gently...
  9. CPU Temperature: How To View CPU Temperature?

CPU Temperature: How To View CPU Temperature?: Hi all, I've been using an app called "HWMonitor" to measure the temperature of my PC's internal components and it works great, but I want to use another app to do the same thing just so I can compare the numbers that both apps give. What's the most popular app for...
  10. CPU temperatures

CPU temperatures: Hello Forum. last night my PC suddenly switched off 2 times within 3 hours. I didnt get a BSOD, just switched off. I did some googling to get some info, and saw it may be a case of CPU cooler, or fan, dust etc etc. I also downloaded some software to see the temp of my...