Windows 10: Laptop overheating, fan running on very low RPM

Discus and support Laptop overheating, fan running on very low RPM in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello! I had installed windows 10 from betas and i have never reached 80 celsius on my laptop. i am measuring my temperatures with speedfan and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sh4rk16, Aug 14, 2015.

1. sh4rk16 Win User

Laptop overheating, fan running on very low RPM

Hello!

I had installed windows 10 from betas and i have never reached 80 celsius on my laptop.
    i am measuring my temperatures with speedfan and also tried with hardwaremonitor but the same readings.
    my laptop fan is running on very low RPM if it is even running, i searched for programs that can control fan speed
    but without luck. i dont know whats wrong and i want to fix it ASAP because my laptop life is decreasing because of
    higher temps. my usage is not even that big. i have only 7 chrome tabs opened.

Laptop overheating, fan running on very low RPM [​IMG]

:)

sh4rk16, Aug 14, 2015

2. Discharge rate of laptop battery VERY high at idle.

Well... It's been 5 months and my laptop randomly when FULL BLAST on my fan RPM. My laptop is "idle" about 5% CPU usage in task manager but fans are 100% and battery life is extremely low, about 50 minutes for 100% charge. It just randomly happened while
    I was using my laptop on battery power, the fans just kicked in. I will try the old method again, going to my other windows 10 partition, and then switching back to see f the problem will be fixed. If it's really this simple then I can't complain, but I guess
    we'll have to see.

Peter Njeim, Aug 14, 2015
  3. Fan runs constantly

Hi,

The fan in the laptop is constantly running to cool down the cpu and it is normal for it to increase it's speed, your fan should run quietly even it increases the rpm. But if you hear a loud noise in the fan, there may the issue with CPU utilization which
    increases the temperature in the system.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Aug 14, 2015
  4. sn00ker Win User

What about in the bios setting, can you set it in there ?

sn00ker, Aug 14, 2015
  5. sh4rk16 Win User
    no, i think it has something to do with windows.

sh4rk16, Aug 14, 2015
  6. If you are on the insider builds, go to the insider hub.

Categories > Power and battery > Overheating, and you will see you are not alone with this.

Far as I know, there has not been a fix for this yet.

Yes, my lappy is doing the same thing.

COMPUTIAC Guest, Aug 14, 2015
  7. sh4rk16 Win User
    im on windows 10 EDU now, i was on isider builds before and had no problems.

sh4rk16, Aug 14, 2015
  8. Laptop overheating, fan running on very low RPM

OK, but the problem is still the same with the last two build's.

If you have the latest release, the problem still exists.

COMPUTIAC Guest, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Laptop overheating, fan running on very low RPM - Similar Threads - Laptop overheating fan

2. Windows 11 - Max RPM Fan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - Max RPM Fan: Greetings.Aurora R8 -mostly stockGPU - Nvidia 2070 BlowerCorsair liquid cooling -aftermarketCase fans -aftermarketNew HDD -970 Evo, 1TB, installed straight from package to PC. Never feels hot.I am not overclocked. I am using a single monitor. Issue happens and only tested...
  3. Windows 11 - Max RPM Fan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Max RPM Fan: Greetings.Aurora R8 -mostly stockGPU - Nvidia 2070 BlowerCorsair liquid cooling -aftermarketCase fans -aftermarketNew HDD -970 Evo, 1TB, installed straight from package to PC. Never feels hot.I am not overclocked. I am using a single monitor. Issue happens and only tested...
  4. HP Omen 15t fan stuck at low rpm

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Omen 15t fan stuck at low rpm: My Omen 15t laptop has an issue with 1 fan working well at 3.5k-4k rpm but the fan2 is getting stuck at 130 rpm. Is anyone else with the same issue or with any solution? I changed the fans thinking it was a hardware issue.. it's not...
  5. HP Omen 15t fan stuck at low rpm

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP Omen 15t fan stuck at low rpm: My Omen 15t laptop has an issue with 1 fan working well at 3.5k-4k rpm but the fan2 is getting stuck at 130 rpm. Is anyone else with the same issue or with any solution? I changed the fans thinking it was a hardware issue.. it's not...
  6. Fan speed stuck low on a gaming laptop Almost overheating

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fan speed stuck low on a gaming laptop Almost overheating: For some reason, my laptop HP Omen 15 recently started to heat up like crazy while gaming, and I no longer can hear or feel the fans going fast, even when playing heavy games Fortnite, Far Cry 5, Forza 6 etc. The fans are still working, but they're not even running half as...
  7. Laptop Fan Very Noisy

Laptop Fan Very Noisy: Hello, I own a Dell Inspiron 15 7572 laptop, recently the fan of the laptop became really noisy, where the fan starts to become noiser when I launch programmes such as photoshop and even when I have a few browser tabs open, I had tried the following without any success in...
  8. Fan noisy and overheating - HP laptop with Win 10

Fan noisy and overheating - HP laptop with Win 10: Hello everyone. My laptop is an HP Pavilion DV6-6C65EL with Win 10 and, if there was something I could not stand about this PC, it was the noise of the fan. I'm gonna explain it... I use it mainly for watching videos on YT, movies on Netflix or, especially in this period,...
  9. Fan - does laptop fan run constantly?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fan - does laptop fan run constantly?: Hello does laptop fan run constantly? I have a lenovo legion laptap Its fanes do not work constantly It s normal? Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fan/75d39abf-96db-4a01-9ed9-cdace9c425aa
  10. Fan running with very low load Win10 ASUS N501VW

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fan running with very low load Win10 ASUS N501VW: ASUS N501VW OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134 Constant sound of fan spinning. I think it is fan spinning, a 2-3 sounds per second, a faint rubbing sound. Using SSD only so this is not HDD rubbing. I've been using this laptop for 18 months and...