Windows 10: Laptop part of domain how to disable screen lock when closing lid

Discus and support Laptop part of domain how to disable screen lock when closing lid in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Dear folk My work laptop is part of my work domain , Can I disable the screen's lock (need my passowrd) when closing the lid ? Because very frequent I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by zillah, Jul 29, 2018.

1. zillah Win User

Laptop part of domain how to disable screen lock when closing lid

Dear folk

My work laptop is part of my work domain , Can I disable the screen's lock (need my passowrd) when closing the lid ?
    Because very frequent I close and open lid of the laptop

Thanks

:)

zillah, Jul 29, 2018

2. Lock Screen on lid close

When I close the lid of the laptop the screen doesn't lock automatically like it used to do on windows 8, it doesn't do anything. I also cannot find any settings on that on windows 10. Any directions or suggestions?

Maria Atha, Jul 29, 2018
  3. Screen locks when I close the lid on my laptop!

Every time I close the lid on my laptop my screen locks. I have search everywhere and can not figure out how to stop this from happening. I have changed the settings in the control panel under the power options. I have put on there to do nothing when
    I close the lid of my laptop. I even ran the power options troubleshooter and then changed it back to "do nothing" when the lid is closed. The screen is still locking every time I close the lid. Can someone please help?

HollySchamp, Jul 29, 2018
  4. Ruz San Win User

Windows 10 lock on lid close

Hi Radoslav,

Like the information you were able to find, closing the lid of your laptop will shut it down, put it to sleep, or let it hibernate. Locking the PC by closing the lid is currently not a function available in Windows.

We suggest you share your feedback or suggestions on this
    page
    for Microsoft to look into this option for future developments in Windows.

Hope this helps.

Ruz San, Jul 29, 2018
Thema:

1. Laptop part of domain how to disable screen lock when closing lid - Similar Threads - Laptop part domain

2. How to disable sounds when lid is closed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable sounds when lid is closed: Recently, my laptop has continued playing sounds notifications, songs, etc after I close the lid which was not happening before. The fans also continue running while the lid is closed instead of turning off after a few seconds like before. I did not change any settings that...
  3. How to disable sounds when lid is closed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable sounds when lid is closed: Recently, my laptop has continued playing sounds notifications, songs, etc after I close the lid which was not happening before. The fans also continue running while the lid is closed instead of turning off after a few seconds like before. I did not change any settings that...
  4. disabling lid detection when you close the lid of your laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    disabling lid detection when you close the lid of your laptop: I need help disabling lid detection when you close the lid of your laptop. I am using windows 11 and I am using the hp 14 laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disabling-lid-detection-when-you-close-the-lid-of/5fdf5007-2217-4647-850c-ccec6ded4c7e
  5. disabling lid detection when you close the lid of your laptop

disabling lid detection when you close the lid of your laptop: I need help disabling lid detection when you close the lid of your laptop. I am using windows 11 and I am using the hp 14 laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disabling-lid-detection-when-you-close-the-lid-of/5fdf5007-2217-4647-850c-ccec6ded4c7e
  6. how to make the screen not close when the lid is closed?

how to make the screen not close when the lid is closed?: I want to make it so that when I close the lid of my laptop the screen doesn't close. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-the-screen-not-close-when-the-lid-is/bc3052d9-2c52-4480-b556-9a790e5ad210
  7. How to disable the mouse, when the lid is closed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable the mouse, when the lid is closed?: I set my laptop to stay on, when I close the lid. However with a closed lid, I am still able to use the mouse. I can even draw something in Paint although I don't see it, which is odd.I would like to disable some input devices, when the lid is closed and no external monitor...
  8. How to disable the mouse, when the lid is closed?

How to disable the mouse, when the lid is closed?: I set my laptop to stay on, when I close the lid. However with a closed lid, I am still able to use the mouse. I can even draw something in Paint although I don't see it, which is odd.I would like to disable some input devices, when the lid is closed and no external monitor...
  9. Disable password when laptop lid is closed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Disable password when laptop lid is closed: Buna ziua. Vreau sa dezactivez parola din modul inchis sau repaus. Am incercat cu win+R dar am creat un cont nou si nici pe acesta nu mai stiu sa il sterg. Ajutor , va rog! Moderator Translated from Romanian: Hello. I want to disable the password in closed or sleep mode....
  10. Lock laptop when lid is closed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lock laptop when lid is closed: Hello, Please add to Windows 10 the option to "lock on lid close". Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/lock-laptop-when-lid-is-closed/c9798949-35f4-46f1-afeb-fbf7b2be39c1"