Windows 10: laptop power drain

Discus and support laptop power drain in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I replaced my HDD with an SSD (and placed the HDD on the optical drive bay) a couple of weeks ago. I noticed that even if I shut my laptop down, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jaypels, Oct 3, 2016.

1. jaypels Win User

laptop power drain

I replaced my HDD with an SSD (and placed the HDD on the optical drive bay) a couple of weeks ago. I noticed that even if I shut my laptop down, I still would have a drained battery the next time I power it on. If I do not connect my laptop to a power source for a day (still shut down of course), the battery would be fully drained. I shrugged it off as a battery problem but recently I brought my laptop to travel somewhere and once opened my laptop bag, it was warm. It was only then I noticed that even though I shut the laptop down, a little led is still on indicating something has not completely powered down.

My bet is that it is the HDD on the optical drive still sucking power but is there a way to know what is completely draining my battery?

:)

jaypels, Oct 3, 2016

2. Windows 10 Stuck After Restart Into Diagnostic Mode

Hello William,

I suggest you to try using power drain and check if the PC comes out of loop. To do so, kindly forcefully shutdown the PC by pressing power button. Remove the power cable and battery. Press the power button after removing power connection and battery for
    5 minutes. This will drain all the power from the laptop. Reconnect the battery and power cable, restart the laptop and check if issue is resolved.

Hope this information helps.

SujataMoktan, Oct 3, 2016
  3. Windows 10 upgrade and now have no screen

Hi LauraTait Have you tried to turn on your Laptop after draining the laptop Power.

To Drain the Laptop Power

Turn off your Laptop remove the AC adapter and Battery after completing these process Press the Power Button For 30 sec.

Now plug the Ac Adapter and try to turn ON.

I hope it'll you If not feel free to contact us. Thank you... laptop power drain :)

Deepak K Prajapati, Oct 3, 2016
  4. lmaneke Win User

laptop power drain

You may want to remove the hard drive from the optical bay and test. If not working, then possibly your SSD is not powering down.

lmaneke, Oct 3, 2016
Thema:

laptop power drain

1. laptop power drain - Similar Threads - laptop power drain

2. Why is my laptop draining power when I shut it down?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my laptop draining power when I shut it down?: A few mouths ago I notice that the charging light on my laptop was red and the battery was drained to 62% power , now when I plug in my laptop it is drained almost completely, I have tried changing my settings doing a factory reset but nothing seems to fix it I checked for...
  3. Why is my laptop draining power when I shut it down?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my laptop draining power when I shut it down?: A few mouths ago I notice that the charging light on my laptop was red and the battery was drained to 62% power , now when I plug in my laptop it is drained almost completely, I have tried changing my settings doing a factory reset but nothing seems to fix it I checked for...
  4. Why is my laptop draining power when I shut it down?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Memory issues and power drain on 1 year old laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Memory issues and power drain on 1 year old laptop: I am aware this question is incorrectly labelled. It will not let me select the windows option.Running a 1 year old acer swift 3, windows 11, new when purchased. For most of the time I’ve had it there have been memory issues, with over 50% of memory used when no programs are...
  6. Power drain from battery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power drain from battery: Hi everyone,I found out about 6 months ago, that battery on my Asus Zephyrus G14 rapidly drain if I don't do windows updates from approx. 5 hours to only about 1 hour 10 minutes. I had this issue on win10 and even now when I upgraded to the win11. Temperature is pretty high...
  7. Power drain from battery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power drain from battery: Hi everyone,I found out about 6 months ago, that battery on my Asus Zephyrus G14 rapidly drain if I don't do windows updates from approx. 5 hours to only about 1 hour 10 minutes. I had this issue on win10 and even now when I upgraded to the win11. Temperature is pretty high...
  8. power draining through USB ports

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    power draining through USB ports: how can I stop USB port's power draining when my PC is shutdown? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-draining-through-usb-ports/95721261-3d7d-4fd8-b626-e28bf242fc3e
  9. Windows power drain in Version 20H2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows power drain in Version 20H2: Hi Windows Team, I would like to point out the problem in my system with Windows 10,64 bits.I lately updated to Windows 20H2,then I started to notice that even when I shut down my computer with 100% charge,the next day while turning on it's drained to 0%.This is...
  10. Fast Battery Power Draining

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Fast Battery Power Draining: Hello, I have a problem with my PC involving my battery. I found out what the problem was, but not how to solve it. Here is what I did: On command prompt with administrator privileges, I typed: powercfg/energy. Next, once I had and read the report, I understood the...