Windows 10: Laptop random reboot after update to latest win edition

Discus and support Laptop random reboot after update to latest win edition in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Guys, love the new iteration of windows 10. Its cool and looks a little more polished. However I exprienced random reboots with my laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Marko1401, Dec 17, 2017.

1. Marko1401 Win User

Laptop random reboot after update to latest win edition

Hi Guys,

love the new iteration of windows 10. Its cool and looks a little more polished.

However I exprienced random reboots with my laptop while using it, and I think its not hardware related.
    SFC reports no issues.

Any tools I can use to narrow the problem down?

Or win10 just hates acer v5 552 pg lol

:)

Marko1401, Dec 17, 2017
  2. akalcik Win User

Lumia 800 random reboots

I have the problems with random reboots after latest firmware and operation system updates. Mostly on place to call or go back from Airplane Mode. No random reboots before.

Firmwarerevisonnumber: 1600.2483.8106.11500

Operationsystemrevisionnumber: 7.10.8107.79

Hardwarerevisionnumber: 112.1402.2.3

Regards

AKa

akalcik, Dec 17, 2017
  3. Upgrade fail on Dell Inspirion 15 7537

Hello,

I was updating to Windows 10 from 8.1 on my Dell laptop model 7537.

It is having a nvidia 750 graphic card.

Right after a reboot during the installation of Windows 10 the laptop got stuck after bios and nothing happensScreen becomes black.

I have seen it also in windows 8.1 while going back from sleep modes, sometimes it got stuck and black and does not recover.

I have heard trouble with intel and especially nvidia graphic together is troublesome.

So after 2 reboots windows re-installed win 8.1 again automatic.

Ok now back to win 8.1.

I was thinking ok if I update to latest nvidia driver that would make the computer not possible to boot beacuse I guess win 10 is using the latest driver. I installed latest nvidia driver on the nvidia webpage. Computer got stucked after reboot.

So I guess the win 10 is using a new driver which isn't compatible with Dell laptops.

If this is the case, is there anyway to install win 10 ?

LarsAhlqvist, Dec 17, 2017
  4. Laptop random reboot after update to latest win edition

Hi Marko1401

First tool I would use is Reliability history, type that into Cortana, and then click on app. Red X's are trouble. You can click on one and then view details.

I would also shut off the auto restart after a BSOD.

Windows key + R, type sysdm.cpl, enter, click on Advance Tab, click on Settings in Startup and Recovery box, remove check mark beside Automatically restart.

If you get a BSOD you very well will get an indication of cause on screen. You will have to power down to move on. If you are getting a BSOD please post in that section of the forum. The are specific instructions for data collection and posting.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Dec 17, 2017
  5. Marko1401 Win User
    No blue screen of death. Just restards as in logs off then prompts for a log on again.

I hope its some driver issue.
    Reliabity just reports windows not shut down properly. Will post later

Thank you

Marko1401, Dec 18, 2017
  6. Marko1401 Win User
    Hi.

I uploaded my reliability history here. Can someone please help me troubleshoot this?

I'd hate to throw a decent work laptop away If it is reparable or some arbitrary software issue.
    These problems only occurred with the new installation of win10 iteration. I had no random restarts earlier

Laptop random reboot after update to latest win edition [​IMG]

I'll also attach my XML export for its history if someone tells me how to upload an XML here Laptop random reboot after update to latest win edition :)

Thank you so much - Marko

All the best!

Marko1401, Dec 29, 2017
  7. Marko1401 Win User
    That's how it looks like before my upgrading win10 to newest version

Marko1401, Dec 29, 2017
  8. Laptop random reboot after update to latest win edition

Please confirm you shut off automatic restarts.

Can you please provide details on one or two of Misc failures. Click on the event and then in lower window click on view technical details. They seem to be happening with great frequency and maybe they are the ones pushing Windows off the ledge.

Are any of your drivers reporting an issue in Device Manager

Have you noticed any pattern to the restarts, always happens when browsing, on a certain game, when you are using Office.

Do you have any third party AV installed (in background or real time)?

Have you checked the health of hard drive. (Yes I know it started with upgrade but lets not over look anything.)

Caledon Ken, Dec 29, 2017
  9. Marko1401 Win User
    Device manager shows no hardware issues with devices, no question marks.
    ssd life is at 97% without any problems, just checked. I initially also thought that I have a failing SSD. I'd like to eliminate memory problems next. Some tool?

Marko1401, Dec 30, 2017
  10. Marko1401 Win User
    I've disabled automatic restarts, just now.

Very peculiar. I'm typing this on the laptop right now as well.

Just seems to go off and restarts with no reboot, sort of like a log on/log off thing.

VERY frustrating.

Thank you for bringing up reliability history to me. Very useful.

Tell me how to embed the .XML file here and I'll post it.

Marko1401, Dec 30, 2017
  11. Marko1401 Win User
    "The previous system shutdown at 6:12:10 PM on ‎12/‎29/‎2017 was unexpected."

HArdware :

"Description
    A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
    Code: 141
    Parameter 1: ffffd40c3a0f4010
    Parameter 2: fffff80e114ecd78
    Parameter 3: 0
    Parameter 4: 7f24
    OS version: 10_0_16299
    Service Pack: 0_0
    Product: 256_1
    OS Version: 10.0.16299.2.0.0.256.48
    Locale ID: 1050"

"Description
    A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
    Code: 141
    Parameter 1: ffffd40c3d46a010
    Parameter 2: fffff80e114ecd78
    Parameter 3: 0
    Parameter 4: a7fc
    OS version: 10_0_16299
    Service Pack: 0_0
    Product: 256_1
    OS Version: 10.0.16299.2.0.0.256.48
    Locale ID: 1050

Marko1401, Dec 30, 2017
  12. Not sure how to post xml file.

So in the history you have a daily or almost daily error. Could you post technical details from two.

If you want a memory test there is one built in Windows or you can use

MemTest86+ - Test RAM

I very much doubt this is memory as you said it started with an update. More likely a driver. Lots of google hits on 141 and video.

What video adapter are you using.

It might be an idea to start a thread within the BSOD section. They understand and can read dumps and while this isn't a true BSOD.

There is also a routine to drive out driver issues with the goal of creating a BSOD. Please read warning.

Enable and Disable Driver Verifier in Windows 10

Ken

Caledon Ken, Dec 30, 2017
  13. Marko1401 Win User

Thank you for your support.

I think initially the culprit is the Radeon driver and win10 seemingly has stopped supporting some Laptop random reboot after update to latest win edition :)
    That's what happened on the last two iterations of windows 10, that was the exact problem.

I'll post it there and if those guys narrow it down to that, than that's is.

Can you also tag someone who is very technical about dumps like these?

Thank you!
    All the best,
    Marko

Marko1401, Jan 1, 2018
  14. Just post, they are all very good.

Caledon Ken, Jan 1, 2018
  15. Marko1401 Win User
    Update :

For some reason I have been using the laptop on battery extensively for the last 3 days and haven't had an issue.

Does win auto report and solve bugs?

I just want this handled as I absolutely need a reliable machine, period.

Marko1401, Jan 3, 2018
Thema:

1. Laptop random reboot after update to latest win edition - Similar Threads - Laptop random reboot

2. Laptop reboots randomly soon after boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop reboots randomly soon after boot: My Dell G5 is running Windows 11 most recent build and all the patches installed. I reinstalled the OS a day since I had same issue before. After reinstalling OS, I installed latest versions of all the drivers. Still the problems persist. Please refer to the links of minidump...
  3. Laptop reboots randomly soon after boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop reboots randomly soon after boot: My Dell G5 is running Windows 11 most recent build and all the patches installed. I reinstalled the OS a day since I had same issue before. After reinstalling OS, I installed latest versions of all the drivers. Still the problems persist. Please refer to the links of minidump...
  4. randomly reboot and restart after the latest updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    randomly reboot and restart after the latest updates: Since November 2022 updates: 1. My desktop restarts several times during boot. Booting only succeeds in "debug mode", if at all. 2. Windows restarts unexpectedly and randomly within 1-30 minutes after a successful boot. 3. I reported the problem to Microsoft Customer Service...
  5. Laptop reboots on shutdown after latest driver updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop reboots on shutdown after latest driver updates: Hello! After recent driver updates I can't shutdown my laptop, it automatically reboots after 3-4 secs. I have already tried everything from here, nothing helps. Attaching screenshot of latest driver updates: [ATTACH] I can't rollback this updates because I can't find what...
  6. Random Cpu system usage after latest win 10 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random Cpu system usage after latest win 10 update: task manager shows "System" as CPU usage spike. scanned entire laptop with MacAfree latest update, all clean UPD: I had an opened image in "Photos" win 10 default image viewer. The second I closed it, Spike stoped. submitted by /u/Sword_by_some [link] [comments]...
  7. Laptop randomly rebooting after opening lid.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop randomly rebooting after opening lid.: I have a Razer Blade R2 running Windows 10. About three days ago my laptop randomly shut down and rebooted when I opened the lid and woke it from sleep mode. Since then, it has happened 3 more times, all seconds after opening the lid. Sometimes I can make it past the login...
  8. Random reboots after 1809 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random reboots after 1809 update: Hello everyone! Last weekend (14th/16th) I received the 1809 update which many people seem to be having problems with. Obvioulsy I am now one of them ... After the update my computer performs random reboots as if I was hitting the reset button. It's happening in idle,...
  9. Laptop random reboot after update to latest win edition -

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop random reboot after update to latest win edition -: Hi guys. I am still having issues with my laptop Reliability history attached in thread : Laptop random reboot after update to latest win edition - Windows 10 Forums can someone knowlegable about kernel dumps get on board and tell me what is going on so I can use...
  10. Latest update broke things after reboot.

in Windows 10 Support
    Latest update broke things after reboot.: So far, I cannot run a no sleep hard drive program, Task Manager, or Outlook. Oh joy as I look for other things that no longer work. And...it's now working again, all of it. I guess it had to ruminate and digest the update for a few hours. I did nothing but play WoW for a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. random rebooting for data collection

2. random rebooting news articles pictures videos random reboot