Windows 10: Laptop randomly freezing and performing slowly

Discus and support Laptop randomly freezing and performing slowly in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I did a force shut down of my laptop when it suddenly froze one time and now the laptop is acting up. After i login after booting it up it takes a very... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nep, Apr 10, 2017.

1. NEP
    Nep Win User

Laptop randomly freezing and performing slowly

I did a force shut down of my laptop when it suddenly froze one time and now the laptop is acting up. After i login after booting it up it takes a very long time for my toolbar, desktop icons and shortcuts to load up. Even after its all loaded up when i click on something or even mouse over a folder the screen freezes for about 5 minutes and then everything on my screen disappears: toolbar, desktop shortcuts, everything, after that it comes up with a popup saying "Windows isnt responding". After a few minutes the screen turns black for about 10 minutes. After that everything loads back up but then the same problem keeps happening over and over.

For some reason when i click "end process" when the popup shows, the laptop begins to slowly be itself again but after clicking end process 2-3 times, and i have a feeling i shouldn't be doing that, so here i am ask for help *Biggrin

:)

2. Laptop hangs a lot and sometimes totally unresponsive

Thanks for your concern. Unfortunately, after performing all these steps, the laptop sill randomly freezes!

SuarezElPistolero, Apr 10, 2017
  3. Freezing

My laptop keeps on freezing. I had problem before but now I do. I recently installed windows 10 on my laptop. My screen freezes randomly please help.

VincentLe148, Apr 10, 2017
  4. anonjwm Win User

Try running a malware scan with Malwarebytes or similar.

anonjwm, Apr 10, 2017
  5. NEP
    Nep Win User
    I have already tried this and it didnt fix the problem

6. bro67 Win User
    How long have you had it, model and manufacturer of the computer.

bro67, Apr 11, 2017
  7. NEP
    Nep Win User
    I've had the laptop for about 1 and a half years, it's an Asus f555uj-xo044t

8. Win10Pro Win User

In your place I would start by using AdwCleaner and then check the drivers with (my favourite) DriverPack.

Have you already examined your laptop's RAM with a Windows' built in tool (or MemTest86 if you don't trust Microsoft's tools) and the errors on the disk (personally I use HD Tune)?

Another thing (rather improbable) might be some problems with Windows' files themselves (for that task just type in sfc /scannow in Command Prompt application).

If nothing helps consider to reinstall the system.

Win10Pro, Apr 13, 2017
  9. axe0 New Member
    Small correction, check for drivers at support page of ASUS. Don't use software to 'maintain' driver updates.

10. Win10Pro Win User
    Really sorry, you're right.

Win10Pro, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Laptop randomly freezing and performing slowly - Similar Threads - Laptop randomly freezing

2. Laptop randomly freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop randomly freezing: Hello recently my dell laptop started freaking out. I have dropped my laptop many times because i travel a lot.Yesterday i was just playing games and i hit my table and my pc got frozen while the audio was looping a terrible sound when i restarted it i was recommended by...
  3. Laptop freezing randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop freezing randomly: I've had an issue with my MSI GL63 8SE laptop for the past month where it would, at random times, freeze and make buzzing sounds. I would then need to force restart it.Looking into the Event Viewer, I noticed that around the time it freezes, there is an error log though I'm...
  4. Laptop freezing randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop freezing randomly: I've had an issue with my MSI GL63 8SE laptop for the past month where it would, at random times, freeze and make buzzing sounds. I would then need to force restart it.Looking into the Event Viewer, I noticed that around the time it freezes, there is an error log though I'm...
  5. Laptop randomly freezes

Laptop randomly freezes: A while ago my laptop started to completely freeze and stop for no reason, and I have to just turn it off by holding the button. This happens often now, every day almost. This happens no matter what I'm doing on it, occasionally it freezes even if it is idle....
  6. PC slowly freezing

PC slowly freezing: Hey everyone,This problem has happend to me before, but it hasnt happend in a while.To explain what happend; The applications I had opened slowly started to freeze, Couldnt click on things, but can move to another tab, then cant move to another tab till the application is...
  7. PC slowly freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC slowly freezing: Hey everyone,This problem has happend to me before, but it hasnt happend in a while.To explain what happend; The applications I had opened slowly started to freeze, Couldnt click on things, but can move to another tab, then cant move to another tab till the application is...
  8. PC slowly freezing

9. laptop freezing randomly

laptop freezing randomly: SourceWindowsSummaryHardware errorDate‎2021-‎10-‎27 6:32 PMStatusReport sentDescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 193Parameter 1: 815Parameter 2: 3Parameter 3:...
  10. Windows 10 File Explorer performing slowly/freezing up a lot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 File Explorer performing slowly/freezing up a lot: So, recently (last month or so) the Windows explorer is performing horribly on my PC. Some of the issues I've seen: Windows won't update when a file is created - I make a new folder/text file, it won't appear until I refresh the folder view by pressing F5 This is...