Windows 10: Laptop restarts randomly without BSOD (Kernel Power 41).

Discus and support Laptop restarts randomly without BSOD (Kernel Power 41). in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I bought a Acer V3-372 in january and started to use it as main in august. It restarts by itself 2-3 day apart without and blue screen, when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by p83, Sep 6, 2016.

1. P83
    p83 Win User

Laptop restarts randomly without BSOD (Kernel Power 41).

Hi, I bought a Acer V3-372 in january and started to use it as main in august.

It restarts by itself 2-3 day apart without and blue screen, when doing tasks like surfing the web, listening to music or when laptop is idling.

The laptop is fully updated with the latest bios, drivers and win updates.

Checked with memtest, no errors.

Couldn't find any dump-files to attached.

Thanks in advance!

:)

2. Randomly restarting laptop

Kernel ID 41:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/202850...

Usually, if there is no BSOD, shutting down randomly is due to either overheating or a faulty Battery unit.

I remember some BIOS updates led to Random shutdowns in January. Did you apply a BIOS update in the laptop in Feb?

Sumit Dhiman2, Sep 6, 2016
  3. Laptop Randomly Restarts without any warning.

Kernel ID 41:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/202850...

Usually, if there is no BSOD, shutting down randomly is due to either overheating or a faulty Battery unit.

I remember some BIOS updates led to Random shutdowns in January. Did you apply a BIOS update in the laptop in Feb?

Sumit Dhiman2, Sep 6, 2016
  4. ello Win User

blue screen is almost always a hardware issue
    Have a technician swap out the RAM and if still get blue screen then restore factory image of windows.
    If still blue screen then motherboard is bad and then its uneconomical to repair.
    However if its still under manufacturers warranty take it back to the retailer before a tech looks at it.

5. spunk Win User
    A laptop that restarts on it's own is usually overheating. Feel the bottom of the laptop, is it really hot? Blow out the fans on the side and bottom of the laptop with a can of compressed air. Use a Laptop Cooling pad.

spunk, Sep 14, 2016
  6. P83
    p83 Win User
    Temperature was ok, 69c at max.

Got the mainboard replaced by Acer. *Smile

Thema:

1. Laptop restarts randomly without BSOD (Kernel Power 41). - Similar Threads - Laptop restarts randomly

2. BSOD or random restart without BSOD: Kernel-Power Error.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD or random restart without BSOD: Kernel-Power Error.: Please help. I have replaced my PSU, and Motherboard, done Windows memory diagnostic tool nothing reported, run system check no issues. I have an AMD Threadripper 2900x, ASROCK X399 Taichi Motherboard brand new, RTX 3090 Brand new, EVGA 1300 G2 PSU Brand new, 128GB 3200mhz...
  3. BSOD or random restart without BSOD: Kernel-Power Error.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD or random restart without BSOD: Kernel-Power Error.: Please help. I have replaced my PSU, and Motherboard, done Windows memory diagnostic tool nothing reported, run system check no issues. I have an AMD Threadripper 2900x, ASROCK X399 Taichi Motherboard brand new, RTX 3090 Brand new, EVGA 1300 G2 PSU Brand new, 128GB 3200mhz...
  4. BSOD or random restart without BSOD: Kernel-Power Error.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. KERNEL POWER 41 - random restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KERNEL POWER 41 - random restart: Hello . Ever since I changed my computer to Intel Core i9-10850K 3600MHz AIO Corsair iCue H150i RGB PRO XT ASUS TUF Gaming z490-plus RAM: G.SKILL RipjawsV DDR4 32GB 3600MHz CL16GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 3090 24GB Be Quiet Dark POWER PRO11 1000Watt Since last year I have had a...
  6. KERNEL POWER 41 - random restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KERNEL POWER 41 - random restart: Hello . Ever since I changed my computer to Intel Core i9-10850K 3600MHz AIO Corsair iCue H150i RGB PRO XT ASUS TUF Gaming z490-plus RAM: G.SKILL RipjawsV DDR4 32GB 3600MHz CL16GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 3090 24GB Be Quiet Dark POWER PRO11 1000Watt Since last year I have had a...
  7. Kernel Power 41 PC randomly restarts

Kernel Power 41 PC randomly restarts: My PC keeps restarting randomly, the GPU fans ramp up to 100% and no blue screen of death, just a black screen and the pc restarts, sometimes the monitor will report No Signal during the random restart process. Hi, my PC keeps either restarting randomly, it says it is...
  8. Random Kernel-Power 41 BSODs

Random Kernel-Power 41 BSODs: Hello, Since late January 2020, my computer has suffered from about 50 blue screens, all from the error Kernel-Power 41 63. The crash can occur at any time. It has happened within a minute of startup, or several hours into a gaming session which is what the computer is...
  9. Laptop restarts randomly without BSOD (Kernel Power 41).

Laptop restarts randomly without BSOD (Kernel Power 41).: Hi, I bought a Acer V3-372 in january and started to use it as main in august. It restarts by itself 2-3 day apart without and blue screen, when doing tasks like surfing the web, listening to music or when laptop is idling. The laptop is fully updated with the latest...
  10. Random restarts - Kernel Power 41

Random restarts - Kernel Power 41: Hello, Since connecting a new ssd drive (samsung evo 850 - installing only games on it - the system is on the second ssd drive) and reformatting my computer from time to time resets. If at the moment of reset, for example, music plays, you hear the sound freeze.I tried to...