Windows 10: Laptop restarts when shutdown/sleep or charger connect/disconnect

Discus and support Laptop restarts when shutdown/sleep or charger connect/disconnect in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Samsung XE700t1C Windows 10 Home 64bit My laptop cannot turn off without holding the power button. Shutdown or Sleep makes it restart. Connecting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by eiranix, Jun 24, 2017.

1. eiranix Win User

Laptop restarts when shutdown/sleep or charger connect/disconnect

Samsung XE700t1C
    Windows 10 Home 64bit

My laptop cannot turn off without holding the power button.
    Shutdown or Sleep makes it restart. Connecting or disconnecting the charger also makes it restart.

This problem coincided with with another issue where the screen has a small but constant brightness flickering. I have tried downloading the latest graphics driver but it did not help.

What can I do to try and fix this?

:)

eiranix, Jun 24, 2017

2. Battery not charging on Windows 10

Hi Vishwanath,

As per the description I understand that you are facing issues with charging your laptop, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• Were you able to see light on the charger and the laptop when charger is connected and powered on?
    • Have you tried with different charger with same laptop configuration and check if it helps?

This might be an hardware issue as well. Let us try the below to identify the issue and check if it helps.

• Connect the charger to laptop and power on the switch. Make sure that there is power supply.
    • Connect the charger to different power socket to check if the power supply is fine through the charger.
    • Also, try to connect the different charger to your laptop and check if it helps. This will let us know if charger is corrupted.
    • Try to disconnect the charger, shutdown the laptop, power drain the batter, recharge, restart the laptop and check if it helps.

If the issue still persists, this might be an hardware issue. I recommend you to contact the device manufacturer/ nearest service center for better assistance.

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for further assistance on Windows Operating System, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 24, 2017
  3. Shutting down the screen when charging

When I connect the laptop to the charger, it automatically turns off the screen. And when I disconnect the charger the display is turned back on. is there a way to turn that off?

Viktor Đerek, Jun 24, 2017
  4. Tony K Win User

Hi there, eiranix. Welcome to Ten Forums.

This may be more a hardware problem than software. Is it still under warrantee?

Have you checked out the Samsung support site to see if there are others with similar problems?

Support | Samsung US

Tony K, Jun 24, 2017
  5. eiranix Win User
    Hi Hippsie,

A hardware problem is what I am afraid of... Warrantee is long over as I picked this up second hand a few months ago.
    I have looked around but can't find anyone with this specific problem. The only thing I did see was that apparently windows 10 will auto-restart with certain problems (you can turn this feature off, but obviously that won't solve whatever the problem is).
    So I am here hoping I didn't waste my money on this thing...

eiranix, Jun 24, 2017
  6. Tony K Win User
    Sorry to hear that. As you may know, as with many laptops, it's the hinge connections that wear. You may want to start there?

Tony K, Jun 24, 2017
  7. eiranix Win User
    It's actually a tablet pc, the keyboard disconnects entirely. It doesn't make any difference if it's connected or not.

eiranix, Jun 25, 2017
  8. Tony K Win User

In searching your model at Samsung site > Is this it? http://www.samsung.com/us/support/ow...v-tab-7-series

Was this upgraded from Windows 8/8.1? If so, did you perform that?

Is this in reference to the OS or physical keyboard?

This sounds more like a software problem?

This is the stumper as to whether it’s a software or hardware problem or both?

This came to mind > I've had a Lumia 1520 6" phaplet (phone/tablet) Windows 10 phone for 5 years now. I ran into a problem where the screen would go wild and apps opened by themselves. Wasn't sure if it was software or hardware. After much Inet searching I ultimately found out that after time, the screen bends to where the screen looses contact with the board. After some time re-bending it gently back for awhile fixed it. Perhaps this is the reason for your screen flicker?

Another thing to consider is the complex digitizer: What Is a Touch-Screen Digitizer? | Techwalla.com

I see, thanks.

I'm jealous, for I've been wanting to get a touch pad/PC for quite awhile. I fell in love with Windows 8 and now 10 is even better.

Questions > Does the physical power button work ok? All other physical buttons?

One other thing I thought of > I noticed there are mom & pop PC/device/phone/gadget repair shops opening everywhere. Perhaps take it to one to see if it’s worth fixing?

Tony K, Jun 25, 2017
  9. eiranix Win User
    Sorry for the delay getting back.

This is the model:
    http://www.samsung.com/au/support/model/XE700T1C-K01AU

The power button I have to use to turn it off is the physical button on the top of the screen. I have to hold it until it powers down or it will restart.

This is fairly big compared to a phone/tablet more like netbook size, I don't think it would be a bending issue.

One thing I noticed is that while changing volume using the psyical buttons, the little volume HUD causes the screen to flicker rapidly as it changes.

I picked this up because I wanted a small and light travel laptop that is full HD. Was great until this problem. My only complaint otherwise is that the screen can have some ghosting.

I might as well try reseting windows 10 and see what happens...

eiranix, Jul 1, 2017
  10. Tony K Win User
    That's quite ok. We all get busy. I think that be a good idea to rule out software. Good luck. *Smile

Tony K, Jul 1, 2017
  11. Burton321 Win User
    you should update you starting up drivers that can be easily found from Samsung official website or you can go for purchasing new laptop that can be from best travel laptop and vlogging cameras

Burton321, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Laptop restarts when shutdown/sleep or charger connect/disconnect - Similar Threads - Laptop restarts shutdown

2. Laptop charger keeps connecting and disconnecting

in Windows 10 News
    Laptop charger keeps connecting and disconnecting: [IMG]If your laptop charger keeps connecting and disconnecting, the solutions provided in this article will help you. This issue can damage your laptop battery; hence, you should not ignore it. Usually, hardware and power supply issues cause such problems. Why is my charger...
  3. Black screen when connecting/disconnecting charger

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen when connecting/disconnecting charger: Hi, I just bought a laptop with windows 11 on it, after downloading all updates and drivers for the gpu I disconnected the charger from the laptop. When I did this the screen went black for some seconds; then I tried connecting it again and the same thing occured.I tried...
  4. Black screen when connecting/disconnecting charger

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen when connecting/disconnecting charger: Hi, I just bought a laptop with windows 11 on it, after downloading all updates and drivers for the gpu I disconnected the charger from the laptop. When I did this the screen went black for some seconds; then I tried connecting it again and the same thing occured.I tried...
  5. Windows 10 is shutdown when charger cable is connect.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 is shutdown when charger cable is connect.: Windows 10 is shutdown when charger cable is shutdown. civil engineer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-is-shutdown-when-charger-cable-is/92426438-f145-474e-a72b-c106b0e7d025
  6. Windows 10 is shutdown when charger cable is connect.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 is shutdown when charger cable is connect.: Windows 10 is shutdown when charger cable is shutdown. civil engineer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-is-shutdown-when-charger-cable-is/92426438-f145-474e-a72b-c106b0e7d025
  7. Windows 10 is shutdown when charger cable is connect.

8. Laptop charger keeps disconnecting and connecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop charger keeps disconnecting and connecting: Well, I've posted it over here because I am really really sure that I don't have something wrong with my charger.So the problem is my laptop ,when plugged in, keeps getting itself disconnected and connected from the status of being charged and I get that "beep" sound. Also...
  9. Laptop charger keeps disconnecting and connecting

Laptop charger keeps disconnecting and connecting: Well, I've posted it over here because I am really really sure that I don't have something wrong with my charger.So the problem is my laptop ,when plugged in, keeps getting itself disconnected and connected from the status of being charged and I get that "beep" sound. Also...
  10. Windows doesn't shutdown when connected to a charger

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows doesn't shutdown when connected to a charger: I'm using ASUS VivoBook X411QA-EK201T running Windows 10 and it doesn't shutdown when the charger is connected. But I can shut it down when the charger is disconnected. The laptop is new, barely a week old. The power profile is High Performance. I set it up wiyh default...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hp charger connect and disconnect

2. Pc shutdown when charger is connected

3. laptop reboots if you connect charger

4. whenever i connect or disconnect charger my laptop restarts