Windows 10: Laptop running slow after installing via ISO

Discus and support Laptop running slow after installing via ISO in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi everyone, after suffering some laptop problems (Disk space problem, do I extend partition? Solved - Windows 10 Forums) I reinstalled Windows 10 via... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by gecksy, Jul 22, 2018.

1. gecksy Win User

Laptop running slow after installing via ISO

Hi everyone, after suffering some laptop problems (Disk space problem, do I extend partition? Solved - Windows 10 Forums) I reinstalled Windows 10 via the below link

Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk - Windows 10 Forums

Since then my laptop has been running very slow and the game Football Manager 2018 is unplayable because of the new found lag. When the game is running the CPU runs at close to 100%, this was never the case previously. My machine is more than equipped to handle (ZX553VD-DM970T, ASUS ZX553VD-DM970T Gaming Laptop, 3645481 - Save on Laptops) it so does anyone have any advice how I am to fix it and get it back to the performance prior to reinstall.

Thanks

:)

gecksy, Jul 22, 2018
  2. Jessen P Win User

Laptop is running very slow

Hi Thomas,

What all troubleshooting steps have you performed?

As an initial troubleshooting step, I would request you to execute the System Maintenance troubleshooter and check if there is any improvement in the speed of laptop.

To perform common maintenance tasks in Windows, such as cleaning up unused files and shortcuts, try using the System Maintenance troubleshooter to automatically find and fix problems. For example, the System Maintenance troubleshooter looks for unused files
    and shortcuts that you can clean up or remove so that your computer can run faster.

Please follow the steps to run System Maintenance troubleshooter
    on the computer:

• Type “Control Panel” on the search box.

• Click on Troubleshooting.

• Click on View all option on the left side of the Windows.

• Click on System Maintenance option.

• Click on Next and follow the onscreen instructions to troubleshoot the issue.
    Please revert if you face any issues with slow speed of laptop.

Thank you.

Jessen P, Jul 22, 2018
  3. Best way to OS to iso to install?!

Norton ghost can make ISO's of a HDD but I would just suggest making a whole image and placing it on a thumbdrive cause its faster to install instead of useing a DVD drive.

brandonwh64, Jul 22, 2018
  4. niko084 Win User

Insurgency wont install and run for me....

I have played and have fully updated CS and Half life 2....
    I am using the newest client and installed the SDK.

I am completely blown away, if i click the desktop icon it starts the sdk and then closes, and it doesn't show up in my game list...

First mod attempt install here, followed the directions step by step on the mods website...

Any ideas?

niko084, Jul 22, 2018
Thema:

1. Laptop running slow after installing via ISO - Similar Threads - Laptop running slow

2. Laptop Running Slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Running Slow: Hi. I have a new laptop that never seems to load anything. I’ve had it a month. Started off fine and now wont load anything when I turn it on so I have to reset it 2 or 3 times before it starts to load things. Only then, it’s really really slow. Also sometimes it will show a...
  3. Laptop Running Slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Running Slow: Hi. I have a new laptop that never seems to load anything. I’ve had it a month. Started off fine and now wont load anything when I turn it on so I have to reset it 2 or 3 times before it starts to load things. Only then, it’s really really slow. Also sometimes it will show a...
  4. Laptop running slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop running slow: Hi! So i bought this laptop in September 2022, but when i bought it, it was really smooth, but after like 1 month, it started running slow, so i totally wiped the NVMe and after installing windows 11 again, i wasn't getting the same feeling, games started stuttering and so...
  5. Laptop running slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop running slow: Hi! So i bought this laptop in September 2022, but when i bought it, it was really smooth, but after like 1 month, it started running slow, so i totally wiped the NVMe and after installing windows 11 again, i wasn't getting the same feeling, games started stuttering and so...
  6. Laptop running slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop running slow: My laptop is running slow what's the best way to give a ceanup? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-running-slow/3803a80a-95a2-4610-9528-037dfc254175
  7. Laptop is running slow.

Laptop is running slow.: Hello, My laptop specification is hp 15-bs 544tu. I want speed up my laptop. It's running too slow. And one more question is, can I change windows 10 pro to windows 10 home?...
  8. My Laptop Runs too slow after Formatting

My Laptop Runs too slow after Formatting: Hello, i Have an issue. Before 2 Days i did format my laptop. Installed all the drivers and everything was fine till now. Now it is too slow. Before formatting was cool but now i need to wait for 5 second to open any program is something like that. Can u help me how can i...
  9. Laptop running extremely slow after fresh install of windows 10?

Laptop running extremely slow after fresh install of windows 10?: Hello I have the same issue as this guy: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance-winpc/laptop-running-extremely-slow-after-fresh-install/88592f20-dd35-4337-81bc-26c2e560b887 Can you give me a clue? btw. I don't have a battery since it is...
  10. Concerning Windows 10 Installation via ISO

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Concerning Windows 10 Installation via ISO: I have a PC that I built a month ago.At that time, I only installed Windows 8 and haven't upgraded to Windows 10 yet.I just read that Windows 10 Installation now allows you to activate Windows 10 using an existing Windows 8 Key.I have a Windows 8 Pro key on my hand. How many...