Windows 10: laptop screen goes blank, what is the cause?

Discus and support laptop screen goes blank, what is the cause? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey all, I was working on this laptop when quite often, after startup or in the middle of something (random), the screen goes blank and flickers,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DustSailor, Sep 29, 2015.

1. laptop screen goes blank, what is the cause?

Hey all,

I was working on this laptop when quite often, after startup or in the middle of something (random), the screen goes blank and flickers, with random lines, etc. but you can't see anything.

When I am able to actually see because the problem hasn't started yet, everything works fine, no slowdowns, etc.

Moving the lid does nothing to alleviate the problem.

What is the potential causes? GPU? Battery? HDD? I did a BIOS test that said the HDD needed to be replaced. Laptop is older, back in the times of Vista. But I don't think it is the OS because this happens right at boot sometimes, other times at the logon screen, and others while inside.

Let me know, I'd appreciate it! Thanks

:)

DustSailor, Sep 29, 2015

2. Laptop screen goes blank

Unfortunately this response does not help. My problem is not during installation of windows 10, but during normal operation of my laptop following supposedly "successful?" installation of windows 10.
    Every time I try to run my laptop using mains power the display screen goes off (black), as soon as remove mains power and run off the laptops battery the display comes on as normal.

TrevorWinter, Sep 29, 2015
  3. Laptop screen goes blank

Unfortunately this response does not help. My problem is not during installation of windows 10, but during normal operation of my laptop following supposedly "successful?" installation of windows 10.

TrevorWinter, Sep 29, 2015
  4. laptop screen goes blank, what is the cause?

Also, when the battery is in use and plug removed, the flickering screen goes completely blank, and when I plug in again, it is back to the flickering. Forgot to mention that part.

DustSailor, Sep 29, 2015
  5. Reportedly, the laptop died. In any case, it was trashed. Marking as solved.

DustSailor, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

laptop screen goes blank, what is the cause?

1. laptop screen goes blank, what is the cause? - Similar Threads - laptop screen goes

2. Screen goes blank

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen goes blank: Hi Team,I've tried opening 2 File Manager sessions, the usual one, unexpectedly the system hung and screen went blank.I didn't open or do anything else when I did the above one, kindly help, thanks.Regards,Devendran R...
  3. Screen goes blank

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen goes blank: Hi Team,I've tried opening 2 File Manager sessions, the usual one, unexpectedly the system hung and screen went blank.I didn't open or do anything else when I did the above one, kindly help, thanks.Regards,Devendran R...
  4. Screen goes blank

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Laptop screen goes blank while using it

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop screen goes blank while using it: This happens on a new HP Pavilion x360. Even while actively using the laptop, the screen would go blank and is reactivated when the mouse is moved. What could the cause?...
  6. Laptop goes blank automatically.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop goes blank automatically.: Today i installed Windows 10 after hard disk change. Microsoft support helped me in making bootable pendrive. But my laptop is automatically going blank and no responce to any command even power button. power button light remains on. Only way out is long press power...
  7. Screen goes blank

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen goes blank: After I boot my PC, it is working well for about ten minutes and then the screen goes blank. After that I cannot do anything and have to press control+alt+delete. The task manager is not showing any errors...
  8. Screen goes blank

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen goes blank: Screen closes down about every 1 minute after inactivity and I have to log in again with password. Very frustrating. have tried various answers but to no avail. Please give simple step by step guide of how to overcome this....
  9. Laptop goes into blank screen due to idle and resetting laptop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop goes into blank screen due to idle and resetting laptop: When i leave my laptop on idle it turns into a blank sceen.i am resetting my laptop now and i cant possibly be there for the whole 2 hours. does the blank screen affect the progress?...
  10. screen goes blank

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    screen goes blank: Good Day This is my first time posting in a forum but I have not been able to resolve my issue. My windows has been recently upgraded to windows 10, and before it has a chance to get to the login screen it goes blank. i have used the installation usb to access advanced...