Windows 10: Laptop shows message genuine hp battery not installed

Discus and support Laptop shows message genuine hp battery not installed in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My husband's laptop 15s-fq5xxx or Product Code 00342-20991-14898-8aoem keeps telling him that a genuine battery is not installed when he starts it up.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by PaulineDavidson1, Feb 27, 2024.

1. Laptop shows message genuine hp battery not installed

My husband's laptop 15s-fq5xxx or Product Code 00342-20991-14898-8aoem keeps telling him that a genuine battery is not installed when he starts it up. The laptop was purchased in May 2023 and has not had any repairs done. Why is it showing the message?

:)

PaulineDavidson1, Feb 27, 2024
  2. Yaqub K Win User

HP Envy Laptop Battery not charging after Windows 10 installation

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I suggest you to un-install and re-install battery drivers from Device manager and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Batteries and right click on Batteries ACPI and click on Un-install.
    • Restart the computer and check.

If the issue persist, I suggest you to visit HP Envy website and check whether HP has released any firmware updates for Windows 10. If so, please go ahead and install them and check with the issue.

Yaqub K, Feb 27, 2024
  3. HP Envy Laptop Battery not charging after Windows 10 installation

Hi Yaqub,

Thanks for the advise.

I have reinstalled the batteries ACPI in device manager about 5 times, but with no success.

Have also ran all updates, including bios updates from HP.

Finally did battery health check from Bios and using HP tool and both say the batter health is okay.

Is there anything else that can be done? I know another friend of mine who has had the same issue on his Sony vaio laptop after windows 10 upgrade.

Hope this can be resolved.

Thanks

AbhijeetRoy, Feb 27, 2024
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Laptop shows message genuine hp battery not installed

Related HP laptop battery

Hi Rohith,

I am Dave, I will help you with this.

The only place you can get a genuine OEM battery for your HP laptop is from HP, all the batteries available on other websites are not genuine HP replacement batteries, they may look the same, but they are not, and as you an see in your screenshots, the labelling is totally different on those batteries.

Those batteries will work in your laptop, but they wll not last as long as a genuine battery and you will not get as long out of a charge on those batteries.

DaveM121, Feb 27, 2024
Thema:

Laptop shows message genuine hp battery not installed

1. Laptop shows message genuine hp battery not installed - Similar Threads - Laptop shows message

2. Laptop shows message genuine hp battery not installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop shows message genuine hp battery not installed: My husband's laptop 15s-fq5xxx or Product Code 00342-20991-14898-8aoem keeps telling him that a genuine battery is not installed when he starts it up. The laptop was purchased in May 2023 and has not had any repairs done. Why is it showing the message?...
  3. Related HP laptop battery

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Related HP laptop battery: Hi experts, i want to know that i purchased a genuine HP laptop battery or not.my laptop model is HP 15CK038TX, when i was searching the price of the battery in internet which shows around 3,000 rupees but i got it in the price of 2,400 rupees from the local service center. i...
  4. Related HP laptop battery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Related HP laptop battery: Hi experts, i want to know that i purchased a genuine HP laptop battery or not.my laptop model is HP 15CK038TX, when i was searching the price of the battery in internet which shows around 3,000 rupees but i got it in the price of 2,400 rupees from the local service center. i...
  5. Related HP laptop battery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. HP Laptop battery ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP Laptop battery ?: Just purchased a: HP - Spectre x360 2-in-1 15.6" 4K Ultra HD Touch-Screen Laptop Wondering if leaving it plugged in all the time will hurt the battery. 99.9% of the time it is on my desk. Also - better to turn it off at night or leave it on 24/7 154662
  7. what is the exact Model Battery Prox2 No. for HP laptop replacement laptop battery for hp

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    what is the exact Model Battery Prox2 No. for HP laptop replacement laptop battery for hp: what is the exact Model Battery Prox2 No. for HP laptop replacement laptop battery for hp https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-exact-model-battery-prox2-no-for-hp/3591db4a-022a-471a-97bc-dd5565c809ca
  8. battery for HP ProBook laptop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    battery for HP ProBook laptop: I replaced my battery 6 months ago. It will indicate 50% but will go down in a minute. Do batteries just last a few months? I have 6 email accounts on it and I do run illustrations on it for business, but it is 32 and not near full. ie I have plenty of space left. I have...
  9. HP LAPTOP NOT SHOWING BATTERY PERCENTAGE IN TASKBAR

in Windows 10 Customization
    HP LAPTOP NOT SHOWING BATTERY PERCENTAGE IN TASKBAR: Hello, There is no battery icon in the taskbar. I have tried the methods where you turn on and off icons on the tray, and the battery icon switch is greyed out. It says it's on, but it's not there. I have gone to the taskbar settings and it says that the battery icon should...
  10. HP Laptop battery ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP Laptop battery ?: I recently bought an: HP ENVY x360 Convertible - 15aq193ms - Laptop - with a: 3-cell, 43-Wh, 2.83-Ah, Li-ion battery - according the Manual. I am not 100% sure on the battery, since I cannot find the exact model I have listed anywhere. I bought it at the local MS store. I...