Windows 10: Laptop shuts down when put into sleep mode

Discus and support Laptop shuts down when put into sleep mode in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all first time poster, So I'm having a major problem that I can't seem to fix. When I close the lid of my laptop, put it into sleep mode, or put it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by mtmyj79, Dec 16, 2015.

1. mtmyj79 Win User

Laptop shuts down when put into sleep mode

Hi all first time poster,
    So I'm having a major problem that I can't seem to fix. When I close the lid of my laptop, put it into sleep mode, or put it into hibernation mode, the laptop basically shuts down. The power light flashes on and off, but when I reopen the lid or press the power button to turn it back on, the screen flashes grey and reboots.
    What I have tried:
    Changing all of the advanced power options
    Resetting my laptop (to before the issue started occurring)
    Restoring my laptop to factory settings
    Redownloading windows 10
    Disabling the UEFI (BIOS) setting that allows the computer to be turned off to save power
    Updating the drivers that were suggested on the windows eight forums
    Downloading the chipset driver from Asus
    Downloading the ACHI Link Power Management and trying all the settings

What I've done in the command prompt:
    sfc /scannow then Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
    I also tried the chkdsk command but there were no problems found

When I started noticing the problem:
    After I downloaded VMware's player and created a virtual computer with Ubuntu

I hope this description was detailed enough. As one could tell, I've tried quite a lot of different things to fix this issue but with no resolve. Thanks for the help in advance!

:)

mtmyj79, Dec 16, 2015
  2. Henrai Win User

Shut down or Sleep Mode will cause endless Sleep Mode.

Hello, I am experiencing a problem with my laptop ever since I upgraded it from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 the day Windows 10 came up, and the problem is still an issue today. Whenever I want to shut down my laptop or put it to Sleep Mode, the screen will
    turn completely black and unusable, with the power remaining on, just like when you open your laptop screen when it has been in Sleep Mode before restoring to what you've been doing before.

The problem is when it does occur, it will not "wake up", remaining a black screen unless I shut down it by holding the Power button for about 4 seconds. This problem will occur whenever I put the laptop into Sleep Mode or shut down the laptop. It will lose
    all control over all the keys and mouse (expect the Power button), and will remain as if in Sleep Mode even if the screen is open. However, restarting the computer will work perfectly fine...

The only known way to prevent this is to hold down the Power button for about 4 seconds when the laptop is shutting down or activated Sleep Mode by closing the lid. Restarting the computer however allows the laptop to work, so it is just Sleep Mode and shut
    down. Very rarely when shutting down, it will work normally, but this will only occur once every 4 months or so, while Sleep Mode hasn't shown to work at all.

Henrai, Dec 16, 2015
  3. Lock Screen

I just opened my laptop from sleep mode and it has a picture again on the lock screen. The registry fix worked when I restarted or completely shut down. I often just close the lid to put it into sleep mode instead of shutting down. I know this isn't
    a serious issue, but I'm super picky. Any thoughts?

Heather Rendon, Dec 16, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi mtmyj79,

I'm very sorry for the delay, there aren't many people in this section.
    As this problem isn't a bluescreen, it normally is moved to the right section.
    Are you still requiring help?

Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely.How to fill in your system specs:

Laptop shuts down when put into sleep mode [​IMG]

Laptop shuts down when put into sleep mode [​IMG]

5. mtmyj79 Win User
    Hi axe0, I updated my system specs but I had to do it manually so I wasn't able to get all the specs exactly the same as the example. Yes, I am still having this problem. Since my initial post, I have ruled out the hard drive being an issue. I put my hard drive in from my old laptop, configured it, and my laptop still had the problem.

mtmyj79, Dec 22, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Laptop shuts down when put into sleep mode - Similar Threads - Laptop shuts down

2. Laptop shuts down when putting it to sleep or closing the lid

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop shuts down when putting it to sleep or closing the lid: Laptop shuts down when closing the lid or putting it to sleep and even to hibernate. All my applications closes when I turn my laptop on. I have tried everything in the power options many command promts but none of them helped. I even did a reset on my laptop but the problem...
  3. My laptop keeps shutting down when put to sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop keeps shutting down when put to sleep.: I have a Lenovo Yoga 520 laptop model. I reset it recently because it was having a lot of issues. However after resetting it, my laptop kept shutting down everytime I put it to sleep. I can't find the correct intel management interface driver for my model, since that driver...
  4. My laptop keeps shutting down when put to sleep.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop keeps shutting down when put to sleep.: I have a Lenovo Yoga 520 laptop model. I reset it recently because it was having a lot of issues. However after resetting it, my laptop kept shutting down everytime I put it to sleep. I can't find the correct intel management interface driver for my model, since that driver...
  5. My laptop keeps shutting down when put to sleep.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. laptop shuts down when put in sleep

laptop shuts down when put in sleep: this started after dell put on bios update and windows updates. Dell does not respond. is there something you can help me with? Could this be a windows power issue? HELP...
  7. Computer shuts down when put to sleep

Computer shuts down when put to sleep: When I close the lid of my new laptop, it shuts down instead of staying in sleep mode. I've triple checked that the computer is set to Sleep (NOT Shut Down) when the lid is closed. It seems to Sleep for a short time, then Shut Down. Battery at 90%, so that isn't the issue. I...
  8. Laptop crashing and shutting down when put in sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop crashing and shutting down when put in sleep mode: Hi, I'm having a crashing issue with a Toshiba Satellite S855-S5165 laptop. When the computer is put in sleep mode, the screen blacks out and the laptop freezes for ~ 5 minutes. After five minutes the laptop will crash and shutdown, generating a dump file. This happens...
  9. PC shutting down incorrectly/not going to sleep when put in sleep mode

PC shutting down incorrectly/not going to sleep when put in sleep mode: My computer keeps shutting down after I put it into sleep mode, then when i start it back up it says that it shut down incorrectly. This does not happen all the time, only sporadically. Other times it will not go into sleep mode altogether! Interesting, I had this problem...
  10. Laptop shuts down when put into sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop shuts down when put into sleep mode: Hi all first time poster, So I'm having a major problem that I can't seem to fix. When I close the lid of my laptop, put it into sleep mode, or put it into hibernation mode, the laptop basically shuts down. The power light flashes on and off, but when I reopen the lid or...