Windows 10: laptop shutting down suddenly when power pluged in

Discus and support laptop shutting down suddenly when power pluged in in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; laptop shutting down suddenly when power pluged in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by srinivaspavan, Aug 3, 2018.

1. laptop shutting down suddenly when power pluged in

laptop shutting down suddenly when power pluged in

:)

srinivaspavan, Aug 3, 2018

2. The light on the power button stays on even after shut down.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per your description, I understand that the light on the power button stays on even after shut down.

We will assist you to resolve the issue.

This issue may arise due to various reasons:

• System not properly shut down or might be in sleep mode.

• Power cord connected to the device.

• Change in the settings.
    I would appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• Did you make any recent changes to the settings?

• Does the CPU fan spins after the shutdown?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, (if you are using a laptop).

Unplug the charger from the lap top and check if the issue persists and also try to shut down from the lock screen.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow these steps to run Power troubleshooter:

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Power.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

6. Check if issue persists.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Aug 3, 2018
  3. kz0730 Win User
    Computer Powered Off Suddenly (Without BSOD)

Hi zbook,

The problem has returned again 2 weeks later and my laptop powered off suddenly without BSOD. I don't think that it's due to overheating, could it be because that the power supply unit is loose (or any other components are loose in my laptop)? I believe that these 2 shutdowns are somehow hardware related and not software related as I dropped my new laptop 2 weeks ago (didn't happen before). I tried the troubleshooting steps that you provided me the first time. The only error code I got was: The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

Thank you,
    Kevin

kz0730, Aug 3, 2018
  4. laptop shutting down suddenly when power pluged in

Won't shut down or restart -- error X0X

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to ask what are the methods that you have tried to solve the issue.

The issue might occur if the computer is not shut down properly. so, I suggest you to perform a power drain by follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 3, 2018
Thema:

laptop shutting down suddenly when power pluged in

1. laptop shutting down suddenly when power pluged in - Similar Threads - laptop shutting down

2. my laptop shuts down suddenly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my laptop shuts down suddenly: i have a 64-bit os, 11th gen windows 10 asus vivobook, and it's 1.5 years old, and recently it keeps shutting down without even giving me a warning that it's low on batteryit usually happens when it's getting close to the time i would get the warning when it's getting there...
  3. my laptop shuts down suddenly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my laptop shuts down suddenly: i have a 64-bit os, 11th gen windows 10 asus vivobook, and it's 1.5 years old, and recently it keeps shutting down without even giving me a warning that it's low on batteryit usually happens when it's getting close to the time i would get the warning when it's getting there...
  4. my laptop shuts down suddenly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly

Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly: My laptop is Lenovo 120s 14iap. Recently it keeps randomly shutting down. I checked event viewer and it shows some error event id 41 63, 6008. I did reinstall windows, updated the driver from windows update, and tried some fix from internet. Here i've managed system event log...
  6. Laptop suddenly shutting down

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop suddenly shutting down: Hey guys, It has been for months now, my laptop randomly shutdowns without a warning, and I think that its because of windows update, because before an shutdown event happen at event viewer, there is always a WindowsUpdate event that is happening. Can someone help me fix...
  7. New Laptop Suddenly shuts down

New Laptop Suddenly shuts down: Hi All, Seeking some guidance here, got a new lenovo laptop with Windows 10 Pro and it randomly shutdowns, no specific time when it happens. I have updated all the drivers but got no idea. I have checked Event Log of the time when it happens I see the Kernel-Power critical...
  8. LAPTOP SUDDENLY SHUTS DOWN

LAPTOP SUDDENLY SHUTS DOWN: My laptop is 8 year old its battery gave out 7 months ago it wont charge and my laptop wont start without charging so it shutsdown suddenly bcz of charger moving or electricity goes out about 3 times a day it shut downs suddenly in one day will it cause any problems and if...
  9. Shut down laptop to battery power and power up when reconnected?

Shut down laptop to battery power and power up when reconnected?: Hello, I wanted to ask if there is a way to shut down my Windows 10 laptop immediately when it is disconnected from the power supply and automatically restart it when it is loaded. I only closed it in the closet (connected via WLAN) and wanted to control it with a WLAN...
  10. Laptop shuts down suddenly

Laptop shuts down suddenly: My laptop shuts down as soon as battery is below 40, even though the power settings are set at it shutting down on 5%. It gives no warning. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-shuts-down-suddenly/31a7c478-ff85-4985-935e-411b782a2186