Windows 10: Laptop slow should I backup and factory reset?

Discus and support Laptop slow should I backup and factory reset? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; My Laptop has been running slower and slower lately and I was thinking it was just time to get a new one. Until I heard that backing up my files and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by dcriggins, Jul 22, 2018.

1. dcriggins Win User

Laptop slow should I backup and factory reset?

My Laptop has been running slower and slower lately and I was thinking it was just time to get a new one. Until I heard that backing up my files and doing a factory reset could restore my Laptop's functionality.

I'm not sure if I should because I'm scared I'll lose a lot of my data.

I've purchased an external hard drive but, I'm not sure how to backup anything.

Is a back up all I need to do or do I need to copy specific files onto my external hard drive before I reset?

:)

dcriggins, Jul 22, 2018

2. HP Laptop Windows 10 reset to factory default

Hi,

I realize that it must be difficult for you when things are not working as it should. Sorry to know that you are facing this issue. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer this question to get more clarity on this issue:

• How are you trying to reset your pc to factory setting?

As you have a laptop, ensure that the laptop is not running on battery and the power cable is plugged in to the socket.

Let us follow the steps suggested by “Babu V” in the following thread that speaks about a possible solution for the related issue:

Error: “There was a problem resetting your PC”: Error: “There was a problem resetting your PC”

Hope it helps.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance, we are glad to assist you.

Srimadhwa B, Jul 22, 2018
  3. Sher Amo Win User
    Ive factory reset my computer but I can't use the mouse or the keyboard to select laugage

Hi,

A device like your keyboard and mouse is not detected during factory reset.
    To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps
    that can resolve your concern, we would like to ask the following questions:

• Are you performing a factory reset on a laptop or a desktop?
    • Is this the first time you perform a factory reset on your device?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve your concern?

In the meantime, if you're working on a desktop, we suggest that you try to use a PS2 keyboard just to bypass the installation process. Once Windows is up and running, you may now plug your mouse and keyboard to initialize Windows to detect these devices.

We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, Jul 22, 2018
  4. stanroy Win User

Reset Acer Travelmate to factory settings

Hi all, I have an Acer Travelmate with Win10 (1607), I would like to save Win 10 to a stick, then reset the laptop back to factory settings and then reinstall Win10. There is no program on the laptop that requires saving. Any advice or suggestions, not to technical, would be very much appreciated, thanks Roy

stanroy, Jul 22, 2018
Thema:

1. Laptop slow should I backup and factory reset? - Similar Threads - Laptop slow should

2. Factory Resetting Laptop - should I use Cloud Download or Local Reinstall?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Factory Resetting Laptop - should I use Cloud Download or Local Reinstall?: Hi, I can't seem to get a clear answer anywhere, so I'm wondering if anyone here can help.I had a trojan virus infect my laptop that came through Chrome. I removed it with Windows Defender and turned off my wifi. Now, I want to factory reset to make sure any traces are...
  3. My laptop is running slow after factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is running slow after factory reset: About 5 months ago, I installed a game on my laptop which began to lag after a while and cause my laptop to slow down. Even after deleting it and factory resetting twice, my pc is slightly faster but still slow. My laptop doesn't have a virus. I've tried defragmentation,...
  4. My laptop is running slow after factory reset

My laptop is running slow after factory reset: About 5 months ago, I installed a game on my laptop which began to lag after a while and cause my laptop to slow down. Even after deleting it and factory resetting twice, my pc is slightly faster but still slow. My laptop doesn't have a virus. I've tried defragmentation,...
  5. My laptop is running slow after factory reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. HP Laptop incredible slow after factory resetting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Laptop incredible slow after factory resetting: Good afternoon, Recently I decided to factory reset my laptop due to having malware. My laptop was faster previously prior to factory resetting with makes no sense. My laptop was faster while it had malware compared to being factory reset. I had thought factory resetting...
  7. HP Laptop incredible slow after factory resetting

HP Laptop incredible slow after factory resetting: Good afternoon, Recently I decided to factory reset my laptop due to having malware. My laptop was faster previously prior to factory resetting with makes no sense. My laptop was faster while it had malware compared to being factory reset. I had thought factory resetting...
  8. What should appear when I Factory Reset?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What should appear when I Factory Reset?: Hello, Happy New Year to everyone! I have a Lenovo Legion laptop, and there is a current problem happening to it right now: it stops charging. I’ve tried quite literally every technical troubleshooting possible. I’ve talked to the retailer’s tech support and they’ve told me...
  9. Factory Reset Backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Factory Reset Backup: Hello! I'm planning on factory resetting/full resetting my computer, resetting all settings and deleting all apps. However, I want to save/back up some apps, but don't have an external drive/usb to spare. Any idea on how I could backup my files? Any answer is appreciated!...
  10. Laptop slowed down in general despite factory reset

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop slowed down in general despite factory reset: Hi! Happy to be on this forum! I used to have an account associated with windows vista a long time ago, so I know these forums can be a great help! I am running into issues with my small laptop (HP 14inch Stream) and would highly appreciate your help and advice! It...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. restore files from hard drive

2. restore backup files from external hard drive