Windows 10: Laptop slow to resume from Hibernate.

Discus and support Laptop slow to resume from Hibernate. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; When I resume my laptop from hibernation it does the following: - the windows logo and circle of dots appears - then the screen goes black - then I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Archie, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Archie Win User

Laptop slow to resume from Hibernate.

When I resume my laptop from hibernation it does the following:
    - the windows logo and circle of dots appears
    - then the screen goes black
    - then I get a coloured screen with circle of rotating dots
    - then a sound which is like a USB device being inserted and immediately pulled out
    - then after this the lock screen appears and I can log in

This process can take anything up to 1 minute but was only about 15-20secs with Win8.1. Laptop was upgraded from Win8.1.

Can anyone advise what may be causing this and how to resolve it?

:)

Archie, Oct 21, 2015
  2. ArunG1 Win User

Hibernate not working.............. Help me

When I Hibernate my laptop. It is not showing shutingdown screen & it seem like being Hibernating. But when I power on my laptop it is not resuming instead of that it booting like shutdowned. How can I fix it.

ArunG1, Oct 21, 2015
  3. Windows 10 not starting on first startup.

Whenever I shut down my laptop, on the next startup, the startup fails midway without any error or BSOD with just a blank screen. I need power on the laptop again using the power button to start it up. So I need to start my machine twice every time to
    boot it up. Same is the case with hibernation. Resume from hibernation causes sudden power off with a blank screen. I have to start the machine using power button and it starts afresh instead of resuming.

KakulChandra, Oct 21, 2015
Thema:

Laptop slow to resume from Hibernate.

1. Laptop slow to resume from Hibernate. - Similar Threads - Laptop slow resume

2. BugCheck resuming from Hibernate

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BugCheck resuming from Hibernate: Hi, Everyday when I stop working, I put my computer in hibernate mode. Next morning when I turn on the PC, it simply don't resume correctly from hibernate mode. It doesn't show anything, but, checking the Event Viewer I have identified an event like this: Log Name:...
  3. Resume from Hibernate Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Resume from Hibernate Issue: Hello, I normally use Hibernate when machine is not needed for extended periods. Previously, machine would start at the same place where I left it, including all programs open etc. Now, with 1909 and maybe even a prior version, I noticed that all open programs are now...
  4. BSOD Resuming from hibernation state

BSOD Resuming from hibernation state: Widows 10 1709 - just powered up from hibernation, instant blue screen. This is one particular instance of several blue screen experienced on several devices - not all happening at hibernation resume but hoping someone might have some insight. Thanks! 120259
  5. BSOD resuming from Hibernate

BSOD resuming from Hibernate: This also happened with Windows 8.x but it persisted after I upgraded to Windows 10. It's an older machine with limited support, but I'd like to try and use it if I can. It's a tank of a laptop. Attachment 40024 Thanks 24447
  6. Computer resumes automatically from hibernation!!

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer resumes automatically from hibernation!!: Hello Guys, I've Configured my Desktop Server to accept WOL packets, Every thing works fine and it wakes from shutdown with no problems over lan. Ok my main problem is that if i tried to hibernate the machine , th machine turns off and after 2 seconds it resumes...
  7. Hibernation Resume

in Windows 10 Support
    Hibernation Resume: When I resume from hibernation It goes thru screens asking if I like this one. How do I stop this? 32155
  8. Windows 10 resume very slow after hibernate

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 resume very slow after hibernate: My laptop acer4750 resume very slow after hibernate, it keep showing windows's logo and not run to log-in screen anymore. Then i need hard-reset every time, Anyone know how to fix this problem? Hibernate option is on and i tries to re-enable but it not work Thanks, 36166
  9. Resume From Hibernate Crash! [Shut down instead resume]]

in Windows 10 Support
    Resume From Hibernate Crash! [Shut down instead resume]]: Toshiba Satellite S55-B5268 hibernate is not work, when select hibernate, Win 10 goes to hibernate, after about 10 second screen will be black and laptop will be off. When press Power button to resume from Hibernate, after 5 second laptop goes off automatically, and when...
  10. "Resume from Hibernation"?

in Windows 10 Support
    "Resume from Hibernation"?: I have been using Win10 since July. It has been working fine. Just recently I noticed a blue screen at boot up stating, "resume from hibernation". I have never used hibernation in my life. Sleep mode, yes. Hibernation, no. But I have an SSD and don't use sleep anymore. I do a...