Windows 10: Laptop sound is of low quality now

Discus and support Laptop sound is of low quality now in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My laptop's sound quality is noticeably worse after a recent, lengthy update for Windows 10. It sounds like a cheap computer that's about 20 years old.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by tollbooth, Apr 15, 2017.

1. tollbooth Win User

Laptop sound is of low quality now

My laptop's sound quality is noticeably worse after a recent, lengthy update for Windows 10. It sounds like a cheap computer that's about 20 years old. How do I restore it?

Here is a screenshot of the Device Manager if it helps. I tried disabling the NVIDIA virtual audio device, but that did nothing.

:)

tollbooth, Apr 15, 2017

2. Sound problem

I also update my sound card bt my laptop's speakers sound quality is very low...what can I do

Masuk Al Hossain Akash, Apr 15, 2017
  3. Volume problem with Lumia 900

Now the sound is that low only when I try to listen to radio through an app. It says that it is playing with low quality. What does that mean and can that be the problem with the sound?

GustenGuldbagge, Apr 15, 2017
  4. Corelogik Win User

I had to go in and re-enable Loudness Equalization,... maybe see if yours got turned off?

Corelogik, Apr 15, 2017
  5. tollbooth Win User
    OK, how do I do that?

EDIT: NM found it. Quality still sounds low, however...

tollbooth, Apr 15, 2017
  6. tollbooth Win User
    Problem solved. The update replaced the sound driver that I wanted, which was a IDT High Definition (HD) Audio Driver.

tollbooth, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Laptop sound is of low quality now - Similar Threads - Laptop sound low

2. Bluetooth low quality microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth low quality microphone: Hello i am using Windows 11 and the Sennheiser CX True Wireless Bluetooth HeadsetPlayback quality is ok, but i cannot use the microphone in a good quality. The recording quality is very bad not so on Android Smartphone or iPad - there ist perfectThe Recording tab on sound...
  3. Bluetooth low quality microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth low quality microphone: Hello i am using Windows 11 and the Sennheiser CX True Wireless Bluetooth HeadsetPlayback quality is ok, but i cannot use the microphone in a good quality. The recording quality is very bad not so on Android Smartphone or iPad - there ist perfectThe Recording tab on sound...
  4. sound quality

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    sound quality: When I'm on a zoom meeting the sound is garbled like it is under water. This is true for both what I hear and what the other people hear when I talk. Is there something I can do to correct this?...
  5. Low Volume Sound in Laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Low Volume Sound in Laptop: Volume sound in my Laptop is too low, despite making trobleshooting and adjusting to maximun levels https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/low-volume-sound-in-laptop/798cfeed-767e-464c-8e00-595d97f8b162
  6. Difficulty fixing low sound quality issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Difficulty fixing low sound quality issues: recently, the sound quality of the audio through bluetooth headphones has been very low, I have tried usign the same headphones with my phone and the sound quality was fine. I do not think this issue is unique to the headphones, as the sound being output through the laptops...
  7. SOUND QUALITY

in Windows 10 Customization
    SOUND QUALITY: Until this week I have been able to set my Soundblaster audio device to sample at 96kb, 24 bit. Now it is limited to 48k, 16 bit. My internal sound card can do the higher rate....
  8. sound quality

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    sound quality: So I have recently updated from win 8.1 pro to win10 pro..... The sound quality in win 8.1pro was very nice an the bass were goo n my headphones ....but after i updated to win 10 pro the quality is bad ....pls help...
  9. Sound quality

in Windows 10 Support
    Sound quality: I used to be able to change the sound quality on my computer, but after installing this version of windows, the option to change the sound quality seems to be greyed out. Is it possible to get the option to change the sound quality back again? 111777
  10. Sound Quality

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound Quality: Sorry I am late in replying. I had a look through sound packages available and bought a Creative Labs 2.1 system, the improvement is quite a mark up. It was about £55. I knew about enhancements, they are built into windows control panel/sound. Realtek sound drivers are always...