Windows 10: Laptop Time

Discus and support Laptop Time in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Upgrading to win 10 pro on my laptop. But its not been easy. 3times I tried it via windows update and each time failure. So I went into microsoft.com... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by elbmek, Aug 4, 2015.

1. elbmek Win User

Laptop Time

Upgrading to win 10 pro on my laptop. But its not been easy. 3times I tried it via windows update and each time failure. So I went into microsoft.com and read a few paragraphs and decided to try the media installion tool. Up to now it installing at - ah now into Upgrading windows .................

Sad news, my recently purchased copy of windows media center gone out of the window, not happy about that. Will be speaking to the vendor soonest.

Well that went very smoothly. Now got 10 on my laptop too. There is already an obvious difference it its handling from 8.1.

:)

elbmek, Aug 4, 2015
  2. BossDweeb Win User

Change time on laptop

Click on the clock in the TaskBar Notification Area and select Date and Time Settings (at bottom of calendar).

There are a number of option in the Date & Time Settings for you to choose from, that may suit your needs,

but if you are having a problem with Windows not keeping correct time go to ...

- Additional date time & regional settings.

In the Date and Time section click on Set the time and date.

Click on the Internet Time tab > Change Settings

The default here is - time.windows.com. - I found this didn't work well for me, but the option -
    time.nist.gov

is stable (the names of these options may be different in different regions).

Click on Update Now.

(You can also access Date and Time via Control Panel )

- Time keeping issues can also be caused by a dying CMOS battery on your laptops motherboard.

BossDweeb, Aug 4, 2015
  3. Change time on laptop

Change time on laptop.

karenwilson3, Aug 4, 2015
Thema:

Laptop Time

1. Laptop Time - Similar Threads - Laptop

2. how can we transfer our Windows Pro license from old laptop to our new computer having...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can we transfer our Windows Pro license from old laptop to our new computer having...: how can we transfer our Windows Pro license from old laptop to our new computer having Windows home license https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-we-transfer-our-windows-pro-license-from/870479b3-aa84-4006-9b90-8de51b666476
  3. how can we transfer our Windows Pro license from old laptop to our new computer having...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can we transfer our Windows Pro license from old laptop to our new computer having...: how can we transfer our Windows Pro license from old laptop to our new computer having Windows home license https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-we-transfer-our-windows-pro-license-from/870479b3-aa84-4006-9b90-8de51b666476
  4. I HAVE A NEW LAPTOP AND CAN"T GET PAST THE CREATE A PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I HAVE A NEW LAPTOP AND CAN"T GET PAST THE CREATE A PIN: IHave a new lap top and cannot get past the create a pin on microsoft log in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-new-laptop-and-cant-get-past-the-create-a/1aaef651-9022-4d93-984b-7ce8b8648df9
  5. I HAVE A NEW LAPTOP AND CAN"T GET PAST THE CREATE A PIN

I HAVE A NEW LAPTOP AND CAN"T GET PAST THE CREATE A PIN: IHave a new lap top and cannot get past the create a pin on microsoft log in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-new-laptop-and-cant-get-past-the-create-a/1aaef651-9022-4d93-984b-7ce8b8648df9
  6. My laptop's keyboard makes clicking sounds when I type

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop's keyboard makes clicking sounds when I type: Clicking sounds does not happen when pc's turned off.I've tried-changing ease of access settings -updating my keyboard drivers-turned of on screen keyboard...
  7. My laptop's keyboard makes clicking sounds when I type

My laptop's keyboard makes clicking sounds when I type: Clicking sounds does not happen when pc's turned off.I've tried-changing ease of access settings -updating my keyboard drivers-turned of on screen keyboard...
  8. My laptop's keyboard makes clicking sounds when I type

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. laptop not detecting headphone jack

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop not detecting headphone jack: I am plugging my earphone and headphone jack in laptop it was working fine, but one day it is not detecting the headphone. Earlier whenever I used to plus my headphone jack, there used a notification from 'realtec audio consol' but now it stopped detecting the headphone and...
  10. laptop not detecting headphone jack

laptop not detecting headphone jack: I am plugging my earphone and headphone jack in laptop it was working fine, but one day it is not detecting the headphone. Earlier whenever I used to plus my headphone jack, there used a notification from 'realtec audio consol' but now it stopped detecting the headphone and...