Windows 10: Laptop turning itself off while plugged in and charging/fully charged!

Discus and support Laptop turning itself off while plugged in and charging/fully charged! in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; First post but this is driving me crazy. I can't find anyone else struggling with this. My laptop suddenly turned itself off and the battery was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by amaclean2000, Feb 28, 2018.

1. Laptop turning itself off while plugged in and charging/fully charged!

First post but this is driving me crazy. I can't find anyone else struggling with this.

My laptop suddenly turned itself off and the battery was dead...properly dead. It would still work while plugged in but would sporadically turn itself off. So I ordered a new battery and that works fine. The laptop will fully charge but still turn itself off at random moments. So the charger seems to be working as it will charge the battery. The battery works as it will still chug along just on battery, but suddenly the notice 'your battery is very low' will flash up and then the laptop will turn itself off.

I have tried to factory reset, that didn't help, it just means I lost loads of fonts I had uploaded (irritating). I tried to run all the HP updates, that didn't help it's still turning itself when it fancies it.

I'm at a bit of a wall.

Help me Obi Wan...you're my only hope!

:)

amaclean2000, Feb 28, 2018

2. N95 FREEZING UP & KEYS NOT WORKING

this has been a problem it usually happens when u charge the phone fully....

best remedy turn the phone off when charging fully if its just a matter of u dont want the phone to die while using it, and u just plug it in it wont happen IF U ARE ACTUALLY USING THE PHONE!!!

BUT just leaving it to charge causes this...

roberth---01, Feb 28, 2018
  3. Tarek95 Win User
    My phone keeps turning off even though its fully charged

Hey my Windows Phone by HTC has been turning itself off lately. i charge it at night so its charged fully the next day. Should i not charge it over night and is this why it keeps turning itself off?

Tarek95, Feb 28, 2018
  4. Laptop turning itself off while plugged in and charging/fully charged!

Hi amaclean2000. Welcome to the TenForums @amaclean2000

I think I'm seeing two problems, you stated "but suddenly the notice 'your battery is very low'" so I'm not that sure your charging system is 100% or the battery you bought might have an issue.

As to the shutting off I would check settings under Battery within Advanced Power Settings.

Right click Start, Power Options, Additional Power Settings, Change Plan Settings (beside plan in use), Change Advanced Power Settings and in window that opens, at the bottom expand Battery. Two sub headings to expand and check, "Critical Battery Action" and "Low Battery Action". These actions can be set to shut down.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Feb 28, 2018
Thema:

Laptop turning itself off while plugged in and charging/fully charged!

1. Laptop turning itself off while plugged in and charging/fully charged! - Similar Threads - Laptop turning itself

2. My laptop is not turning on even this is fully charge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is not turning on even this is fully charge: My laptop is not turning on, even this is fully charge, my contact number is 4194131944, and my email is *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  3. My laptop is not turning on even this is fully charge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop is not turning on even this is fully charge: My laptop is not turning on, even this is fully charge, my contact number is 4194131944, and my email is *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  4. Laptop plugged in but not charging

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop plugged in but not charging: I'm having some difficulty getting my laptop to charge. It is a brand-new laptop so problems with the battery and charger shouldn't be a problem.When I plug in the charger it says its charging, however the percentage does not increase no matter how much time goes by. I don't...
  5. Laptop plugged in but not charging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop plugged in but not charging: This problem of plugged in not charging has been there for about 1 month. The surprising fact is when i keep the charger at different angles it charges and then when i keep it at the same angle it won't. Can i fix this at homeMeanwhile my laptop battery isn't removable....
  6. laptop not charging while its on charger plugged in and its charging while laptop shut...

in Windows 10 Customization
    laptop not charging while its on charger plugged in and its charging while laptop shut...: while laptop is on its not charging when its off its charging also charger plugged in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-not-charging-while-its-on-charger-plugged/cfdf7932-a0e8-4906-8963-f789ddb7e955
  7. Laptop lags while Plugged in charging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop lags while Plugged in charging: Hi everyone, I have a problem, my Laptop lags while Plugged in charging . I got dell inspiron 3480 about a year ago. I am facing a problem of lag while i am gaming or just web surfing. i have tried to fix the problem by changing additional power settings in power option and...
  8. My Acer Laptop's Charging Plugged-in Keeps Turning On & Off itself

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My Acer Laptop's Charging Plugged-in Keeps Turning On & Off itself: Similar issue 2018: HERE My 2-year-old laptop Windows 10 Pro, version 1909 keeps cut off and resume the charging repeatedly, nonstop. The beep audio cue won't stop too. This issue happened to me once, few months ago. That time my laptop somehow magically fixed it itself,...
  9. battery won't fully charge, plugged in but no charge, with only 60%

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    battery won't fully charge, plugged in but no charge, with only 60%: I am traveling and want to charge my battery to 100%. Right now it is plugged in at 60% and not charging https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-wont-fully-charge-plugged-in-but-no-charge/3e5c54ce-a064-4998-a915-31d67b611ad4
  10. laptop plugged in not charging

in Windows 10 Customization
    laptop plugged in not charging: laptop plugged in but not charging displayed. What next to get it to charge? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-plugged-in-not-charging/8a96a914-66f3-47c6-beae-b657b2d146c4