Laptop turns off & battery stuck at same percentage

Discus and support Laptop turns off & battery stuck at same percentage in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Recently I've ran into the problem that my laptop shuts off randomly whenever its not charging and unplugged. First my laptop ran smoothly with no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Configuration, Jun 28, 2018.

1. Configuration Win User

Recently I've ran into the problem that my laptop shuts off randomly whenever its not charging and unplugged.
    First my laptop ran smoothly with no problem for an hour or so without charging then suddenly turns off.
    However now my laptop won't turn on without being charged and it turns off immediately when unplugging the charger. I've already replaced the battery so that doesn't seem to be the problem, so are there more things I could try to get my laptop working properly again? The battery says its charging aswell but that's not the case.

Laptop turns off & battery stuck at same percentage [​IMG]

:)

Configuration, Jun 28, 2018
  2. SauravSharma2547 Win User

Battery Indicator Percentage not changing

My Laptop Battery Gauge charge indicator percentage is not changing it always stuck at certain percentage.if I connect power adapter or remove power adapter then only my laptop battery changes automatically to certain value otherwise it gets stuck at same
    level of percentage for whole time even i use laptop for whole hour. I have tried to disable and enable battery driver but it is not helping me at all to solve the problem.

SauravSharma2547, Jun 28, 2018
  3. RyanColby1984 Win User
    Battery Percentage Windows 10

It makes no sense to not have a battery percentage indicator on mouseover. Clicking on the icon to see the percentage leftover is an extra step I'd rather not take.

RyanColby1984, Jun 28, 2018
  4. Michael Gall Win User

Battery jumps to RANDOM percentages while on charge

Hi Nathan,

For us to isolate your laptop percentage battery issue, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Are you getting any error messages? If yes, what is the exact error message?
    • Is this the first time you experienced the issue?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jun 28, 2018
Thema:

1. Laptop turns off & battery stuck at same percentage - Similar Threads - Laptop turns off

2. Windows 10 laptops very slow when wifi is turned off

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 laptops very slow when wifi is turned off: Hello. We have many laptops running Windows 10 Ent 1709 on a domain. A few of them, including mine, have started to act up while wifi is turned off. They will run extremely slow, freeze up, and just lock up completely while opening a Word or Excel document, or even opening up...
  3. Dell laptop keeps turning off during install of windows 10 1803

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dell laptop keeps turning off during install of windows 10 1803: My dell laptop keeps turning off during clean install of windows 10 1803 every 5 minutes and when I press the power button to turn it back on it resumes were it left off and still does that after it finally installs windows I have looked to see if anyone is having this issue...
  4. Laptop turning itself off while plugged in and charging/fully charged!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop turning itself off while plugged in and charging/fully charged!: First post but this is driving me crazy. I can't find anyone else struggling with this. My laptop suddenly turned itself off and the battery was dead...properly dead. It would still work while plugged in but would sporadically turn itself off. So I ordered a new battery...
  5. Laptop doesn't turn off the screen or go to sleep when inactive

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop doesn't turn off the screen or go to sleep when inactive: Hello everyone, so just the other day I (finally) upgraded my Lenovo Ideapad Z510 from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. So far, I'm pretty happy about it, so I'm definitely not regretting it, but there is one thing that it's starting to frustrate me. Basically, when the...
  6. Dell laptop keeps turning off during install of windows 10 1803

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dell laptop keeps turning off during install of windows 10 1803: Excellent. Thanks for marking thread solved as it will help others find it.
  7. Laptop Turning itself "off"

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop Turning itself "off": I am running Win 10 on a laptop. I have changed all the power settings to "NEVER" for everything. The laptop is on AC (not battery). No power outages. But when I come back after being away from the laptop for an hour or so. It is in sleep mode (I think) - I have to turn...
  8. Laptop screen turns completely off when idle, forces me to restart.

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop screen turns completely off when idle, forces me to restart.: These forums are my last hope for resolving this. I am well aware of the power options and familiar with settings - all of the applicable settings, including screen dimming, hard drive time before turning off, and the rest are all tuned to NOT turn off. I found out that the...
  9. My Laptop screen won't stop turning off :(

in Windows 10 Support
    My Laptop screen won't stop turning off :(: I've legit tried everything I can think of to fix this problem. My laptop screen refuses to stop turning off. I've changed all my power options to Never for timeouts, for plugged in and not plugged in. I've went to the advanced settings for my power options and put never on...
  10. My laptop turns off the screen in 2 - 3 minutes.

in Windows 10 Support
    My laptop turns off the screen in 2 - 3 minutes.: This is fairly new behavior. I had changed power options to turn off the screen from 2 hours down to 1 hour when this began. What have I done wrong? I only use the laptop plugged in so I didn't change the battery part of the power option. 99810

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 1803 battery indicator stuck