Windows 10: Laptop unable to automatically connect to university wifi

Discus and support Laptop unable to automatically connect to university wifi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, as the Title says, ever since upgrading to windows 10, my laptop will not automatically connect to my university wifi. It simply says... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by tmork, Nov 21, 2016.

1. tmork Win User

Laptop unable to automatically connect to university wifi

Hello,

as the Title says, ever since upgrading to windows 10, my laptop will not automatically connect to my university wifi. It simply says (translated from german) "connection to this network is impossible".
    to bypass this issue i have to go to the "known networks" list and make my laptop forget the university wifi network.
    after that i can manually connect to the wifi and it prompts me to type in my id and pass as it is supposed to, then it logs me in. It is (obviously) a public network, so i suppose its got to do something with security settings, but i didnt find anything that would seem to solve the issue.
    things ive tried:
    • change frequency of 802.11 to 20MHz only (from automatically).
    • enable FIPS encryption.
    • Update my network adapters drivers.
    • manually type in the id and pw in the specific networks settings

the thing is, when i had win7 on this laptop it would always autoconnect to this network, it only happened after installing win10.

edit: fixed typo in title

:)

tmork, Nov 21, 2016
  2. JayGK Win User

Can't connect to my university's WiFi

Im unable to connect my laptop to my university's wifi which is proving to be a big problem.

The university gave all their network information on their site and i entered it all correctly but when i click connect on the network after i manually added it it just says it cant connect. Im supposed to be prompted for my university username and password.
    It worked perfectly on my phone but it just wont for my laptop.

My laptop is a Dell and running Windows 10

Please help

JayGK, Nov 21, 2016
  3. unable to connect authenticated wifi proxy

sir iam unable to connect authenticated wifi proxy in my lumia 630... in my college university..

tadipatri munirajuluvignesh, Nov 21, 2016
  4. Neemobeer Win User

Do you have MAC randomization turned on, they are probably authenticating you with your MAC so if this setting is on you will no longer be authenticated and it won't connect.

Neemobeer, Nov 26, 2016
  5. bro67 Win User
    Go see the campus IT gods that handle student network issues. They are there for a reason and may have to redo the setup to allow your unit to connect to the campus network if there was something they had to do before.

Also they can lock out a computer that flags on the system as an issue, and again go see the IT gods on campus.

bro67, Nov 27, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    Or the fact that their security flagged it as a rogue device, because the system cannot match the MAC with the previous OS and is hung up. Do not see why it is so hard for people to go check with IT first or just have them install Windows 10 on the machine, since that is what your tuition is paying for. At my son's school which is about 99% Macbooks, since the students do not like to tether to an electrical outlet. It does not cost them anything to drop off their Macbook and get a unit to use until their personal unit is checked out and fixed. The plus side is that they will check it out to make sure that it is not overheating and update Mac OS on it if they have been having issues. Only thing they will not do is unlock a machine that has been banned on the network for multiple violations of the reasonable use policy that all students and faculty signs.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Laptop unable to automatically connect to university wifi - Similar Threads - Laptop unable automatically

2. BSOD when connected to university wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD when connected to university wifi: Hello.I had BSOD every 5 to 10 minutes if I the laptop is connected to university wifi.Here is my dump files:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aue5Ql3IY6LvNt6vrkAU7UnMryzaOP3B/view?usp=sharingThanks...
  3. BSOD when connected to university wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when connected to university wifi: Hello.I had BSOD every 5 to 10 minutes if I the laptop is connected to university wifi.Here is my dump files:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aue5Ql3IY6LvNt6vrkAU7UnMryzaOP3B/view?usp=sharingThanks...
  4. unable to connect wifi in my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to connect wifi in my laptop: i am uning HP 430 windos 7 OS, i am unable to connect the wifi in my laptop, wifi usb adoptor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-connect-wifi-in-my-laptop/a3811ba3-5739-4c3d-9de5-18fc258a62e0
  5. Unable to Connect to Wifi from Laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to Connect to Wifi from Laptop: I have Windows 10, 64 bit laptop. I am unable to Connect it to the Wifi - through mobile tethering connection. It is showing that Action is needed. If i click on it, it will simply open the browser. And when i did troubleshooting it is showing like need to login to internet...
  6. My laptop keeps not connecting to the university wifi

My laptop keeps not connecting to the university wifi: I brought my laptop from Korea and while I was in Korea, it worked really well. Even after I arrived in U.S it worked pretty well with other types of wifi. Now I arrived at the university campus and I am having an issue with wifi connection. When I try to connect my laptop to...
  7. Laptop will not connect to WIFI Automatically

Laptop will not connect to WIFI Automatically: My laptop hp will not connect to WIFI Automatically. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-will-not-connect-to-wifi-automatically/3655aff6-b0c7-4386-8a89-59cc6d95d0fb
  8. Laptop will not connect to WIFI Automatically

Laptop will not connect to WIFI Automatically: My laptop hp will not connect to WIFI Automatically. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-will-not-connect-to-wifi-automatically/1e213074-9a86-440c-bd8c-c05292f65025
  9. Laptop will not connect to WIFI Automatically

Laptop will not connect to WIFI Automatically: My laptop hp will not connect to WIFI Automatically. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-will-not-connect-to-wifi-automatically/08088178-d7ad-482d-944b-c7515ff07368
  10. Problems with University Wifi connection

Problems with University Wifi connection: Hello there I am having issues with my university's wifi as for some reason I can connect to the internet but after 15-20 min I get limited connection and then get kicked off the network. Then when I try to reconnect to the wifi it will not let me in anymore as it just says...