Windows 10: Laptop unable to recognise password after dettaching external keyboard

Discus and support Laptop unable to recognise password after dettaching external keyboard in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, This is not really a question, more like if anyone else has encountered the same thing. I am using a Win X Pro on an Asus U46SV with an external... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mystvearn, Feb 28, 2018.

1. mystvearn Win User

Laptop unable to recognise password after dettaching external keyboard

Hi,

This is not really a question, more like if anyone else has encountered the same thing. I am using a Win X Pro on an Asus U46SV with an external keyboard hook to monitors as my PC was sent for repairs. The external keyboard is the MS Ergo 4000. Using the normal password without the keyboard was fine. Then using it with the keyboard was fine. I detached the keyboard as my pc was fixed, the laptop was not off. Entered on the laptop keyboard, windows does not identify it. Caps was not activated and I have exhausted all the passwords, then I decided to reconnect the keyboard and entered the password and it work. I have no idea why it did not work when the keyboard was detached. Has anyone came across the same problem?

:)

mystvearn, Feb 28, 2018
  2. easty36 Win User

Keyboard does not work on Windows 10 and unable to sign in

I am unable to access my main computer due to a keyboard malfunction within the operating system.

I can't even log on to my account as I am unable to get the system to recognise my password. Have changed password in the hope system might recognise.

Any suggestions

Original title: keyboard malfunction

easty36, Feb 28, 2018
  3. external cheap external drive

bought a cheap external drive as my acer has no cd drive,but unable to get it recognised by laptop

itsadoddle, Feb 28, 2018
Thema:

Laptop unable to recognise password after dettaching external keyboard

1. Laptop unable to recognise password after dettaching external keyboard - Similar Threads - Laptop unable recognise

2. External Microphone not recognised

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Microphone not recognised: I have been trying to set up an external microphone for my laptop, except it refuses to recognise the device. The basic details are:-Windows 11 Home-Microphone is one that came in the LVLUP 6 in one gaming bundle-Laptop is MSI Katana GF66I have a headset with a microphone...
  3. External Microphone not recognised

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External Microphone not recognised: I have been trying to set up an external microphone for my laptop, except it refuses to recognise the device. The basic details are:-Windows 11 Home-Microphone is one that came in the LVLUP 6 in one gaming bundle-Laptop is MSI Katana GF66I have a headset with a microphone...
  4. password not recognised

in Windows 10 Gaming
    password not recognised: I successfully logged in and pressed reset to reset my computer and delete all files, but after the reset I went to log in again and it kept leading me to a black screen and saying failed login it was the right password as I used it an hour before I reset- I have now changed...
  5. password not recognised

password not recognised: I successfully logged in and pressed reset to reset my computer and delete all files, but after the reset I went to log in again and it kept leading me to a black screen and saying failed login it was the right password as I used it an hour before I reset- I have now changed...
  6. Not Recognising password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not Recognising password: Hi my windows 10 keeps showing automatic Repair: Your PC did not start correctly When I try to access safe mode nothing happens and when I try to enter my Microsoft password it keeps telling me The password is incorrect Try again. I have tried the password on other devices...
  7. Not Recognising password

Not Recognising password: Hi my windows 10 keeps showing automatic Repair: Your PC did not start correctly When I try to access safe mode nothing happens and when I try to enter my Microsoft password it keeps telling me The password is incorrect Try again. I have tried the password on other devices...
  8. Not Recognising password

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. password not recognised after BSOD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    password not recognised after BSOD: For the last 3 or 4 updates I've been getting a BSOD on the restart. Until the latest 21H1 the stop code was 'Page fault in unpaged area'. After several retries the system recovered. Today, after installing 21H1, the BSOD stop code was Kernal error. Several retries didn't...
  10. Laptop no longer recognising external monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop no longer recognising external monitors: Hi, I always use external monitors for work with my laptop. The last time I used my laptop it was working correctly with my personal external monitor a Dell but having returned from holiday and started a new job, I cannot connect to any monitors in the new office, either via...