Windows 10: Laptop unresponsive after inactivity

Discus and support Laptop unresponsive after inactivity in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I recently replaced my HDD (I was getting BSOD errors, etc.) Computer runs great now, except every now and then, when I come back after it's been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Stand4truth, Oct 25, 2016.

1. Laptop unresponsive after inactivity

I recently replaced my HDD (I was getting BSOD errors, etc.) Computer runs great now, except every now and then, when I come back after it's been sitting for 15-20 minutes (sometimes as much as several hours), the screen is black, and I can't wake it up. The only way to revive it is to force shutdown (hold the power button). It's not actually sleeping, since the light around the power button isn't pulsing like it normally would. The fan is off, and I assume the hard drive is as well; I don't hear it spinning or hear it click off when I shut it down. Any ideas?

:)

Stand4truth, Oct 25, 2016

2. Restart after inactivity

Hi,

My laptop (ASUS MODEL:GL552VW) is suddenly restarting when it is supposed to go to sleep. My settings are adjusted in a way so that the laptop goes into sleep mode after 15 minutes of inactivity. Suddenly, today I am seeing that it is restarting after 15
    minutes of inactivity. I do know how to extend the inactivity period. What I am looking for is a solution to this problem.

ratul khan, Oct 25, 2016
  3. Windows 10 taskbar not responding

Issue persisted, a couple of minutes after I was away from my laptop.

Tried Method 2 , prior to this identified that the problem itself seems to occur after a random amount of time when laptop it's inactive, suspended or when the lid is closed. Having to reboot every time this happens it's frustrating and time consuming.

Disabled all non Windows services (Services tab of System Configuration) then proceeded to enable groups of services and rebooted each time.

Found out that Nvidia and its services were causing the problem.

Windows 10 Taskbar become unresponsive. None of the updated buttons work

JamesMvngTrgt, Oct 25, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Laptop unresponsive after inactivity

I suppose it's not hibernating- doesn't match what you're doing with the power button.

Note the time of the event, and try from an admin command prompt
    powercfg /systemsleepdiagnostics
    The report is written to C:\Windows\System32
    See if it gives any relevant information.

Does this happen
    a. If you create another user account for test purposes?
    b. after a clean boot?
    c. in Safe Mode?

dalchina, Oct 26, 2016
  5. 91fw Win User
    Identical problems here on Win10 pro 1607, to wit, from Reliability monitor:
    - The previous system shutdown at 1:07:22 PM on ‎10/‎18/‎2016 was unexpected.
    - The previous system shutdown at 12:29:46 PM on ‎10/‎22/‎2016 was unexpected.
    Both during sleep *Sad
    In the first instance, there was a mouse on the black screen, but it vanished. Ctl-Alt-Del did nothing. Mouse came back and there was a blue circle for an instant and the hard drive light blinked 2-3 times. Then the sleep/power light got steady and there was no way in other than power off. Arrrggghhh *Sad

91fw, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Laptop unresponsive after inactivity

1. Laptop unresponsive after inactivity - Similar Threads - Laptop unresponsive inactivity

2. Laptop semi-unresponsive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop semi-unresponsive: Hello All,I'm experiencing quite a weird issue. I'm using an ASUS ROG laptop with windows 11 and after a windows update last week the laptop would simply refuse to start. I held the power button for 30 secs+, disconnected everything, and eventually I might get the keyboard to...
  3. Windows 10 Laptop Freezes After Inactivity

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Laptop Freezes After Inactivity: Hello,I have the following problem:after some minutes of being inactive/idle, most of the times, my laptop freezes.the screen goes black the power button LED remains on, and if music is playing, the audio also freezes, making a weird noise.it does not respond to any keyboard...
  4. My Laptop is Unresponsive after an ordinary restart.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Laptop is Unresponsive after an ordinary restart.: I restarted my MSI laptop yesterday around noon just after I installed pycharm it never asked for update but just after that "Windows is updating and this might take some time don't turn off your pc" was on my screen I was literally quite busy then and never asked for any...
  5. unresponsive tablet/laptop

unresponsive tablet/laptop: my linx 12V32 laptop stopped turning on after restart pls help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unresponsive-tabletlaptop/62071872-0c88-4f07-945a-af0e0310350c
  6. Laptop freezes on black screen after inactivity

Laptop freezes on black screen after inactivity: Hi, this is my issue which started last two day, after I guess last windows update: After some inactivity in the laptop, when it gets to black screen, the laptop is not responding anymore, and I have to force it to shut down. Insted of pressing keys, or moving the mouse...
  7. Laptop Monitor Inactive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop Monitor Inactive: Hi, I recently updated Windows on my Microsoft Surface Book 2. Now, when I plug in my second monitor, my laptop display becomes inactive. I have tried everything, and I can't get it working. If I unplug my second monitor, the display on my laptop becomes active again....
  8. Laptop completely unresponsive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop completely unresponsive: 2 days ago I decided to run a disk defrag, which took a long time and during and after the disk defrag my laptop was constantly freezing, I decided to system restore to a previous point and my laptop worked for a day but now it has started freezing again, I ran sfc which...
  9. Laptop unresponsive after idle (when plugged in)

Laptop unresponsive after idle (when plugged in): Good afternoon, I have a Acer Aspire E5- 576 running a 64-bit Windows 10. When charging It becomes unresponsive when left Idle. By unresponsive I mean, the display turns off while the power light remains 'on' and cpu fans are running. The keyboard and mouse are unresponsive...
  10. Slow and unresponsive laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Slow and unresponsive laptop: My old laptop started slowing down and going unresponsive. I thought it was getting ready to crash so I purchased a new one. I transferred everything to the new laptop and it is doing the same thing. When I first start the computer, it runs fine. After some time, it starts...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows is unresponsive after several minutes of inactivity