Windows 10: Laptop Will Not Allow Optimization of Recovery Drive

Discus and support Laptop Will Not Allow Optimization of Recovery Drive in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My WIndows 10 Asus Laptop will not allow me to optimize my recovery drive & it says it needs it.. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this? Also I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by mkj307, Aug 4, 2016.

1. mkj307 Win User

Laptop Will Not Allow Optimization of Recovery Drive

My WIndows 10 Asus Laptop will not allow me to optimize my recovery drive & it says it needs it.. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this?
    Also I can no longer drag & drop files in File Explorer. How do I get that to work again?

Attachment 94248

:)

mkj307, Aug 4, 2016
  2. lcj9612 Win User

Optimization not available on SSD after WIN10 upgrade

I upgraded a laptop from WIN7 Home to WIN10. WIN10 recognizes the SSD on the laptop but it will not allow me to optimize it using the optimize tool. The message is "Optimization not available". I checked and TRIM is running. The SSD is a Samsung EVO
    250G drive. Is anyone else having this problem.

lcj9612, Aug 4, 2016
  3. Win 10 - Disk Defrag / Optimize Drives

Drive 'C' shows "canceling" and won't allow Analyze or Optimize. Other drives OK. Optimize Service is running. Any ideas? Thanks.

CharlesCulp, Aug 4, 2016
  4. aardvark Win User

aardvark, Aug 4, 2016
  5. mkj307 Win User
    mkj307, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Laptop Will Not Allow Optimization of Recovery Drive - Similar Threads - Laptop Allow Optimization

2. Drive optimization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive optimization: I mistakenly optimized my ssd drive right before learning optimization is only for hdd. How to I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drive-optimization/16c5e8ad-ce65-4833-a16f-66fa3f8e9185
  3. Drive optimization

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drive optimization: I mistakenly optimized my ssd drive right before learning optimization is only for hdd. How to I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drive-optimization/16c5e8ad-ce65-4833-a16f-66fa3f8e9185
  4. Drive optimization

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Optimize Drives

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Optimize Drives: Just bought a new AsusExpertCenter desktop with a solid state drive. Should i turn off optimize drives? Am running win 10- 19043-1081. 182101
  6. Optimize Drives

in Windows 10 Support
    Optimize Drives: Just bought a new AsusExpertCenter desktop with a solid state drive. Should i turn off optimize drives? Am running win 10- 19043-1081. 182101
  7. Optimize Drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Optimize Drives: Optimize Drives. if it is so much a cosmetic issue, how come it has adverse effects, causes so many BSODs and is affecting all my virtual machines too. I have not seen this many BSOD's since windows 95, I though maybe they where having a celebration for a Windows 95...
  8. Optimize Drives

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Optimize Drives: I'm running Windows 10 version 2004. Since I upgraded when I optimize drives the PC goes thru the procedure and shows me a date and 0% fragmented. As soon as I go back to Optimize Drives under last analyzed it says Never Run. If this is some kind of glitch in version 2004...
  9. Optimize drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Optimize drives: It appears that when I am doing "Optimize drives "on SSD , the current status is not held in mind of the computer and it show all the time " needs optimization ". Can you advise me what to do, or which is the problem ?...
  10. Optimize drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Optimize drive: I am trying to optimize my system drive, but I can't do it from Windows defrag and optimize drives. I want to do this from admin command prompt. How do I get to admin command prompt?...