Windows 10: Laptop will not boot up after system reset

Discus and support Laptop will not boot up after system reset in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I wanted to reset my laptop back to factory settings then it was stuck at 99% for a couple hours so I decided to forcefully turn it off and back on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jayryan29, Jul 16, 2016.

1. Jayryan29 Win User

Laptop will not boot up after system reset

I wanted to reset my laptop back to factory settings then it was stuck at 99% for a couple hours so I decided to forcefully turn it off and back on again, now when I turn it back on it gets to the Windows logo and a loading symbol. This is on Windows 10, please help

:)

Jayryan29, Jul 16, 2016
  2. JnrLouis Win User

Windows 10 crashed?

I reset my Windows 10 laptop and I can't access my system because of this blue screen error that shows up immediately after booting. Kernel Auto boost lock acquisition fix with raised IRQL

JnrLouis, Jul 16, 2016
  3. Windows 10 system will not boot- up.

Use whichever method works to Access Advanced Startup Options in Windows 8 or 10.
    If none of the other methods work it may be necessary to create a Recovery drive or Create
    Windows 10 Installation Media
    on another PC to boot using the
    BIOS Boot Menu Key, choose the boot device as a UEFI device if offered, then on second screen choose Repair
    Your Computer

In the Advanced Troubleshooting options try (in this order) automated Startup Repair, System restore, then if necessary from
    Startup Settings try to get into Safe Mode with Networking, or lastly Safe Mode.

From Safe Mode w/Networking work through the
    Windows 10 Install Integrity Checklist.

If Safe Mode doesn’t work or help stabilize things then return to Advanced Troubleshoot options. Next try Command Prompt to run linked Checklist repair commands including sfc /scannow to see if it will
    repair and start, or Reset Your Windows 10 PC.

At any time you can Rescue Files when
    Windows Won’t Start.

There are additional steps here for Troubleshooting
    Windows 8 and 10 Failure to Start - Microsoft Community

Better yet do the vastly superior
    Clean Install Windows 10
    following the steps in the link to delete all partitions down to Unallocated Space to get it cleanest. After install reactivate with your Product Key, automatically from embedded Product Key if a
    factory install, or if free Upgrade has already activated so that it has permanent Digital Entitlement.
    Activation in Windows 10 - Windows Help.

If these fail you can try to run Factory Recovery from it’s hotkey at boot; find yours by googling the “PC make/model + Run Factory Recovery.”
    Factory Recovery methods

Feel free to ask back any questions and keep us posted on how it goes.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Jul 16, 2016
  4. Jayryan29 Win User

Ok so I let the loop load and now it's come up with " Installing Windows " and at the bottom it says installing features and drivers then it also says configuring settings, so once this is done hopefully it goes smoothly, I'll update if anything goes wrong

Jayryan29, Jul 16, 2016
  5. Jayryan29 Win User
    HELP!!
    After everything my laptop now comes up with the windows screen and in the bottom right corner there's the wifi button, ease of access button and the button to shut down but I can't do anything else!!

Jayryan29, Jul 16, 2016
  6. Can you not login to Windows using your MS account?

If you aren't on that screen & can't get to it (sometimes it has 'stuck' on me) try the three fingered salute (ctl-alt-del)

AthanasianCreed, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Laptop will not boot up after system reset - Similar Threads - Laptop boot system

2. System unable to boot after trying to factory reset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System unable to boot after trying to factory reset: I was trying to factory reset my laptop and it got to around 70% then failed and undid changes but when it restarted it’s loaded for a bit then loaded to the blue screen with the sad face with the error code CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, it then try to run start up repair but it...
  3. System doesn't boot up after chkdsk /f

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System doesn't boot up after chkdsk /f: Ok so I bought a new ssd and wanted to clone the stuff I had on the HDD onto the SSD using MiniTool. While cloning the error:23 occured and it got stuck in a loop, so I restarted the pc. I checked on the web and it said to run the command chkdsk /r which made my system...
  4. After reset my windows 10 can’t boot up the system

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After reset my windows 10 can’t boot up the system: After i try to reset my window 10system i can’t use it. And after the system help me to recovery it does not work. It occur an error code: 0xc00000e. Please ask my question in chinese if it is availble....
  5. Laptop wont boot to Windows 10 after reset

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop wont boot to Windows 10 after reset: I have a Dell laptop that I recently wiped the info off of since I was selling it. I chose the Windows option to Reset and delete files. Now the new buyer cannot get into windows. He gets to a screen that has him type in the country, language etc, then it goes to a blue...
  6. Laptop not booting up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop not booting up: My HP laptop is not booting up. It shows me the manufacturer's logo and then all I have is a black screen What I think the reason is: Before this problem occurred, I had changed the Owner of my C: drive from TrustedInstaller to my own user account(which is an admin...
  7. My laptop can't boot after reset and repair

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My laptop can't boot after reset and repair: I did a factory reset to my laptop, but to my surprise I couldn't create an account nor log in to only one available account which was "other user" - tried to log in with microsoft account, but couldn't. > I've read that I should try to create an account on administrator...
  8. Program resets on boot up

in Windows 10 Support
    Program resets on boot up: Hello, My friend is having trouble with his windows 10 computer (specs to follow) and boot up. Every time he restarts his pc, it resets most of his programs to setup, as though he just installed them. This goes for almost all his gaming related programs, and some others....
  9. can not boot up after doing system restore

in Windows 10 Support
    can not boot up after doing system restore: i wanted to wipe out my pc so i did a system restore and choose the option *do this if your are selling the pc" now i am stuck on a recovery page that says: Recovery Your PC/Device needs to be repaired The operating system couldn't be loaded because the kernel is...
  10. ACER Laptop will not boot up after factory reset

in Windows 10 Support
    ACER Laptop will not boot up after factory reset: I do not know what has happened. I was resetting my laptop with a factory reset and the installation was stuck at 10% for over 24 hours. I forced a restart and now I get the following error: The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows...