Windows 10: Laptop will not boot up after system reset

Discus and support Laptop will not boot up after system reset in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I wanted to reset my laptop back to factory settings then it was stuck at 99% for a couple hours so I decided to forcefully turn it off and back on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jayryan29, Jul 16, 2016.

1. Jayryan29 Win User

Laptop will not boot up after system reset

I wanted to reset my laptop back to factory settings then it was stuck at 99% for a couple hours so I decided to forcefully turn it off and back on again, now when I turn it back on it gets to the Windows logo and a loading symbol. This is on Windows 10, please help

:)

Jayryan29, Jul 16, 2016
  2. JnrLouis Win User

Windows 10 crashed?

I reset my Windows 10 laptop and I can't access my system because of this blue screen error that shows up immediately after booting. Kernel Auto boost lock acquisition fix with raised IRQL

JnrLouis, Jul 16, 2016
  3. Windows 10 system will not boot- up.

Use whichever method works to Access Advanced Startup Options in Windows 8 or 10.
    If none of the other methods work it may be necessary to create a Recovery drive or Create
    Windows 10 Installation Media
    on another PC to boot using the
    BIOS Boot Menu Key, choose the boot device as a UEFI device if offered, then on second screen choose Repair
    Your Computer

In the Advanced Troubleshooting options try (in this order) automated Startup Repair, System restore, then if necessary from
    Startup Settings try to get into Safe Mode with Networking, or lastly Safe Mode.

From Safe Mode w/Networking work through the
    Windows 10 Install Integrity Checklist.

If Safe Mode doesn’t work or help stabilize things then return to Advanced Troubleshoot options. Next try Command Prompt to run linked Checklist repair commands including sfc /scannow to see if it will
    repair and start, or Reset Your Windows 10 PC.

At any time you can Rescue Files when
    Windows Won’t Start.

There are additional steps here for Troubleshooting
    Windows 8 and 10 Failure to Start - Microsoft Community

Better yet do the vastly superior
    Clean Install Windows 10
    following the steps in the link to delete all partitions down to Unallocated Space to get it cleanest. After install reactivate with your Product Key, automatically from embedded Product Key if a
    factory install, or if free Upgrade has already activated so that it has permanent Digital Entitlement.
    Activation in Windows 10 - Windows Help.

If these fail you can try to run Factory Recovery from it’s hotkey at boot; find yours by googling the “PC make/model + Run Factory Recovery.”
    Factory Recovery methods

Feel free to ask back any questions and keep us posted on how it goes.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Jul 16, 2016
  4. Jayryan29 Win User

Ok so I let the loop load and now it's come up with " Installing Windows " and at the bottom it says installing features and drivers then it also says configuring settings, so once this is done hopefully it goes smoothly, I'll update if anything goes wrong

Jayryan29, Jul 16, 2016
  5. Jayryan29 Win User
    HELP!!
    After everything my laptop now comes up with the windows screen and in the bottom right corner there's the wifi button, ease of access button and the button to shut down but I can't do anything else!!

Jayryan29, Jul 16, 2016
  6. Can you not login to Windows using your MS account?

If you aren't on that screen & can't get to it (sometimes it has 'stuck' on me) try the three fingered salute (ctl-alt-del)

AthanasianCreed, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Laptop will not boot up after system reset - Similar Threads - Laptop boot system

2. Laptop Stuck on hp start up screen after system reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Stuck on hp start up screen after system reset: I've been stuck on the hp logo start screen for about an hour now after resetting my laptop. I've tried all ways of trying to boot into windows but nothing works. I restarted my laptop 4 5 times but nothing works. What can I do...
  3. Laptop Stuck on hp start up screen after system reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop Stuck on hp start up screen after system reset: I've been stuck on the hp logo start screen for about an hour now after resetting my laptop. I've tried all ways of trying to boot into windows but nothing works. I restarted my laptop 4 5 times but nothing works. What can I do...
  4. Windows 11 laptop won't boot up after factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 laptop won't boot up after factory reset: I completed a total wipe using factory reset on my windows 11 Lenovo ideapad 330 laptop Settings>System>Recovery>Reset this PC>Remove all Files and reinstall Windows from hard drive and it will not reboot. It goes to the screen as shown in the attached pic, stays on that...
  5. Windows 11 laptop won't boot up after factory reset

Windows 11 laptop won't boot up after factory reset: I completed a total wipe using factory reset on my windows 11 Lenovo ideapad 330 laptop Settings>System>Recovery>Reset this PC>Remove all Files and reinstall Windows from hard drive and it will not reboot. It goes to the screen as shown in the attached pic, stays on that...
  6. Windows 11 laptop won't boot up after factory reset

Windows 11 laptop won't boot up after factory reset: I completed a total wipe using factory reset on my windows 11 Lenovo ideapad 330 laptop and it will not reboot. It goes to the screen as shown in the attached pic, stays on that screen for approx. 30 seconds and then the screen goes blank for approx. 20 seconds and the Lenovo...
  7. Legion laptop stuck in a loop booting up after factory resetting.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Legion laptop stuck in a loop booting up after factory resetting.: Today, I factory reset one of my laptops because I was going to be using it for a different purpose and didn't need any of the data that was currently on the computer. The computer is a Legion "gaming" laptop of some sort, although I don't exactly know all of the details. I...
  8. Lenovo G50 Laptop stuck in boot up after factory reset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lenovo G50 Laptop stuck in boot up after factory reset: I factory reset my Lenovo G50 laptop as it was extremely slow and I tried everything else prior to this and nothing worked. So I hit factory reset. then it got stuck at 90% for two hours so I turned off the computer and now it’s constantly booting up and shutting down again...
  9. After reset my windows 10 can’t boot up the system

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After reset my windows 10 can’t boot up the system: After i try to reset my window 10system i can’t use it. And after the system help me to recovery it does not work. It occur an error code: 0xc00000e. Please ask my question in chinese if it is availble....
  10. ACER Laptop will not boot up after factory reset

in Windows 10 Support
    ACER Laptop will not boot up after factory reset: I do not know what has happened. I was resetting my laptop with a factory reset and the installation was stuck at 10% for over 24 hours. I forced a restart and now I get the following error: The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows...