Windows 10: laptop will not detect wifi anymore and ethernet not detected at times

Discus and support laptop will not detect wifi anymore and ethernet not detected at times in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My laptop has been running windows 10 very well for the past month. About 2 weeks ago my computer stop detecting wifi devices. just last week my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by stevenespo, Sep 28, 2015.

1. laptop will not detect wifi anymore and ethernet not detected at times

My laptop has been running windows 10 very well for the past month. About 2 weeks ago my computer stop detecting wifi devices. just last week my computer has decided to stop detecting ethernet at random times. sometimes it lasts for 15 min. sometimes it lasts for hours. I do sometimes have internet for 15 min after startup but then it just loses conection. i have tried updating my wifi drivers but it says they are up to date. PLEASE HELP.

:)

stevenespo, Sep 28, 2015
  2. bharesc Win User

Windows 10 PC can't discover WiFi PC

I have upgraded to Win 10 on two PCs. On one, a Dell Optiplex 760, I can access other PCs on the Ethernet but I can't detect those on Wifi. The other PC a Dell Inspiron 530 can detect all devices Ethernet or Wifi. All the network and sharing settings appear
    to be the same.

My two wifi laptops can detect the two Ethernet computers and access the shared files. The laptops are running Win7 and Vista.

Strange!

bharesc, Sep 28, 2015
  3. HayleyJU Win User
    Windows 10 can't detect our wifi

Hi,

My laptop won't detect our wifi connection (laptop currently plugged in to router with Ethernet cable). Haven't had any issues before and wifi working fine with other devices. I've tried network reset and it still won't detect our connection (picking up
    the neighbours fine)

HayleyJU, Sep 28, 2015
  4. donetao Win User

laptop will not detect wifi anymore and ethernet not detected at times

Hi How old is your router?? They wear out just like all electrical products. I had a Motorola that was 4 years old causing the problems you're having. I bought a NETGEAR and no more problems. If your router is very old, it could be time to replace it.
    Most stores have a two week return. If the new router acts the same, return it and try to find other solutions!
    You could have a internet adapter going bad!!

donetao, Sep 28, 2015
  5. donetao Win User
    Hi If your sure your router is good, you possibly could have a bad internet adapter. Can you connect and stay connected with Ethernet cable. My router recently went bad. You could try a new router. Most stores have a two week return. If new router acts the same, take it back and pursue further solutions!

donetao, Sep 28, 2015
  6. router isnt the problem i know for a fact its my computer.. its only 1 year old too

stevenespo, Sep 28, 2015
  7. sometimes the ethernet cable stays connected but like i said for the past week it randomly stops reading the cable.. its not the cable because the cable works fine for my dads computer... should i just get this checked out professionally

stevenespo, Sep 28, 2015
  8. donetao Win User

donetao, Sep 28, 2015
  9. donetao Win User
  10. thanks for the help... i have no idea how exactly you can help but i thought people might know what i should do.... like maybe its windows 10 and not the computer itself... im having a professional look at my computer but if he cant find anything ill definitely try the external adapter. thanks again donetao

stevenespo, Sep 29, 2015
  11. donetao Win User
    Ok Thanks for your reply. Good luck with the professional. Internal Enternet adapters aren't that expensive and are easy to replace! I'll admit I have never replaced one, but the guys that know these things, say it's not that hard. However a laptop may be a little more difficult. Here's all I know!!
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...etwork-adapter

donetao, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. laptop will not detect wifi anymore and ethernet not detected at times - Similar Threads - laptop detect wifi

2. ethernet not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ethernet not detected: i can find bluetooth and wifi under control panel but i doesnt find my ethernet port what to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-not-detected/f8a400e7-20e3-4f3e-a278-876e7853d81f
  3. ethernet not detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ethernet not detected: i can find bluetooth and wifi under control panel but i doesnt find my ethernet port what to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-not-detected/f8a400e7-20e3-4f3e-a278-876e7853d81f
  4. Ethernet not detected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ethernet not detected: Ethernet is not detected after installing drivers for a 1660 super, I’ve tried every trick in the book. Any ideas? submitted by /u/Freetoez [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/w5eq8e/ethernet_not_detected/
  5. Wifi and ethernet not detected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi and ethernet not detected: Hello. I had problems with my pc recently so I decided to reset it. But during the reset the screen came to there was a problem blablabla. So I had to totally format my drives and reinstall windows. But now I dont’t see the wifi option, it’s just the ethernet logo with an x...
  6. Laptop detect wifi anymore

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop detect wifi anymore: My laptop doesn't detect any wifi anymore. I don't really have much knowledge in computers/laptops/tech stuff. I was told by a friend that my laptop a bit old model already (Asus X441SA). So I tried updating the drivers but nothing happened. I also bought a wifi dongle (I...
  7. Laptop not detecting Wifi options

Laptop not detecting Wifi options: my laptop has suddenly stopped detecting my wifi. When I click on the globe symbol to connect to wifi it doesn’t detect anything. It is neither detecting my broadband wifi nor is detecting my hotspot from my phone. I tried the AI support on HP and have done everything it said...
  8. No WiFi connections detected on laptop

No WiFi connections detected on laptop: Hi, I am just having some trouble with my laptop, because when I open the network bar, it shows no Wi-Fi networks show at all, I can't even turn off or on the Wi-Fi, it is frustrating me quite a lot. Here are my specs: Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50GHz...
  9. Network printer detected over ethernet but not detected over wifi

Network printer detected over ethernet but not detected over wifi: Hello, I have the problem described on the title. Whenever i am connected with a cable to my network i find the network printer, but the printer does not show up when i am on WiFi. I have tested this for both my home and work network with different printers and it still...
  10. Laptop not detecting wifi

Laptop not detecting wifi: My laptop is not detecting wifi signal of any of the broadband but if I create a hotspot network through mobile then it detects that.. Does this means that it is not detecting signal of a particular band or vice-versa.....