Windows 10: laptop won't access hotmail account after internet outage is fixed

Discus and support laptop won't access hotmail account after internet outage is fixed in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; A friend's laptop will not access her Hotmail account. Time Warner cable serving our town was cut stopping all internet. It was repaired finally. All... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by roving, Jul 1, 2016.

1. roving Win User

laptop won't access hotmail account after internet outage is fixed

A friend's laptop will not access her Hotmail account. Time Warner cable serving our town was cut stopping all internet. It was repaired finally. All functions of internet returned to all of us except she cannot get her Hotmail account to respond on the laptop, and asked my help, which I will do this afternoon. She is able to access Hotmail on her phone from her wireless router, but not her computer, which is directly wired to router. No physical changes were made to her setup during the outage. What should I look for and try first? Many thanks. She is using Win 10.

:)

roving, Jul 1, 2016
  2. geodan7 Win User

Yep, hotmail is suffering from an outage (on mobile devices only). You can access your calendar/email from the website (hotmail, outlook.com, live.com,etc)....but syncing on mobile devices isn't working right now...but don't reset your phone or anything...just
    wait for a fix!

Hotmail Outage Today? Users Report Third Day of Service Interruption

geodan7, Jul 1, 2016
  3. Log into PC when internet not available

During a recent power outage I didn't have any access to the internet; I tried to log onto my PC and couldn't and was receiving the message 'Your device is off line' There are times I won't have internet access, but want to use my PC how do I fix this?
    Can anyone help please.

D JCunningham, Jul 1, 2016
  4. roving Win User

Doing a Restore fixed it.

roving, Jul 3, 2016
Thema:

1. laptop won't access hotmail account after internet outage is fixed - Similar Threads - laptop won't access

2. Hotmail account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hotmail account: I had to create a new Hotmail account through Microsoft cause my old one got hacked and I wasn't able to get anyone at microsoft to help me fix it. My new one is working but I'm unable to delete my old account because I can't sign into due to the account being hacked. Any...
  3. Can't gain access to old hotmail account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't gain access to old hotmail account: So I've been really frustrated.Got logged out of my hotmail account I've had forever, the recovery email address no longer works, and the phone number associated with it is defunct too.I can't get in contact with support and I'm willing to let that account die, but it's...
  4. Hotmail account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hotmail account: I am getting termination notice addressed to user@hotmail. Due to no upgrade? Scam or not. By tapping a blue bar. No microsoft logo. Please inform as it says final notice to termination...
  5. hotmail access

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    hotmail access: the hotmail access icon will not open the application - it flashes and shows the envelope, then closes out. However there is notification that there are new emails to be read, so the account must be active....
  6. hotmail account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    hotmail account: I cannot get into my Hotmail email account on the laptop or pc. I have no problem on my tablet. address and password is correct. Why is this? confused. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hotmail-account/52687057-d6ef-4447-8b31-cb573136143f"
  7. Hotmail access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hotmail access: Using the "Edge" browser I am not able to open www.hotmail.com. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/hotmail-access/65003ff2-8df4-40a0-ab2d-043244aba062
  8. Hotmail account

in Browsers and Email
    Hotmail account: My email address ends in @Hotmail.com.I receive emails with no problems,when I compose a new email or forward on emails,more times than not I get the error message "Can`t connect to Outlook please try later"with a CLOSE button. When I click CLOSE the message is "You are...
  9. Cannot access my hotmail account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot access my hotmail account: Hello: It looks like I am losing my 20+ years hotmail account. I tried to sign in and I was given a message where it said that I had to verify my password. So as I always I do, I went directly to the hotmail sign in page and tried again. The same thing. So I I tried to verify...
  10. Windows won't boot after a power outage

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows won't boot after a power outage: Hello guys Today there was a power outage in my house while my computer was turned on. I turned on again and a BSOD with the code MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTION appeared. I turned it off and turned it on and it won't boot in normal mode, it stays in a black screen. I can get into...