Windows 10: Laptop won't boot after latest Windows update, shuts down immediately

Discus and support Laptop won't boot after latest Windows update, shuts down immediately in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Exactly as it says on the title. When I power it on, the GPU fans go full blast, it stays that way for a little while and shuts down automatically.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Acropolis, Dec 17, 2015.

1. Acropolis Win User

Laptop won't boot after latest Windows update, shuts down immediately

Exactly as it says on the title. When I power it on, the GPU fans go full blast, it stays that way for a little while and shuts down automatically. There's no splash screens or anything either so I can't go into safe mode. Sometimes it shuts down almost immediately and then starts up again by itself. Sometimes it seems to start fine, the fans spin at their usual speed, but nothing appears on the monitor and eventually it just shuts down again, it's not properly booting up though because my drawing tablet's lights don't go on when I plug it in.

All this after the latest update. I restarted the thing so it would install the updates, but it got stuck on "Restarting" screen with the dot things spinning. I left it for several hours until I forced the shutdown and it has done this stuff since. I do recall the task manager not starting up from the security screen though.

What I've attempted so far:
    Taken the battery and power cable off and held the power button for atleast 2 minutes.
    Taken the second graphics card off. And reset the battery again.
    Left it overnight like that to see if it would actually do anything (As if).
    Started it up without the battery.
    Tried to get into safe mode, nope.

It still has warranty for about 2-3 weeks, but if there's anything I could do about this it would be pretty nice.

:)

Acropolis, Dec 17, 2015

2. Windows 10 issue

After update of Windows 10, pc doesn't shut down, sleep and restart... Please help immediately..
    It starts automatically after choosing shut down option..
    What to do?

My laptop can't shutting down..

Sagar Shah143, Dec 17, 2015
  3. dhnj Win User
    PC boots proceeds to the Windows logo and then the PC shuts down immediately.

Hi

I have a weird problem. When I start the PC the boot proceeds to the Windows logo and then the PC shuts down immediately.

When I start the PC the second time the boot proceeds to Windows 10 as normal.

I have not had this problem before. This
    weird problem started after the latest Windows 10 updates.

4. Steve C Win User

Does your laptop have a special function key to boot into the recovery environment? If so, you could try the start up repair option.

Otherwise, you can boot from a Windows 10 installation CD / USB to run the start up repair option. You can build a disk from this link if you don't have an installation disk https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/9...-download.html

Steve C, Dec 17, 2015
  5. Acropolis Win User
    There is, I forgot to mention I've already tried that, but it does the same thing.

I'll try that and report back how it goes.

Acropolis, Dec 17, 2015
  6. Acropolis Win User
    Nope, nothing happens. It's still doing it. Won't even access the USB since the light's not coming on.

Hardware problem out of nowhere?

Acropolis, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Laptop won't boot after latest Windows update, shuts down immediately - Similar Threads - Laptop won't boot

2. my windows 11 laptop shuts down immediately after successfully booting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my windows 11 laptop shuts down immediately after successfully booting: Whenever my battery is less than 90% and I shut down my laptop, then I power in back on again without it being plugged in, once the boot is successful, it shuts itself down and nothing works including the power button. I have to close the lid and open it again before the...
  3. my windows 11 laptop shuts down immediately after successfully booting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my windows 11 laptop shuts down immediately after successfully booting: Whenever my battery is less than 90% and I shut down my laptop, then I power in back on again without it being plugged in, once the boot is successful, it shuts itself down and nothing works including the power button. I have to close the lid and open it again before the...
  4. Windows Won't Boot After Latest Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Won't Boot After Latest Update: TL;DR at the end of the post.I performed a Windows Update last night before bed. Now my computer won't boot to Windows and instead just goes into the BIOS/UEFI. I had Windows 11 installed on my NVMe drive.Here's what I have tried so far:I made a Windows 11 Creation USB.I...
  5. Windows Won't Boot After Latest Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Won't Boot After Latest Update: TL;DR at the end of the post.I performed a Windows Update last night before bed. Now my computer won't boot to Windows and instead just goes into the BIOS/UEFI. I had Windows 11 installed on my NVMe drive.Here's what I have tried so far:I made a Windows 11 Creation USB.I...
  6. Laptop won't shut down..

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop won't shut down..: Suddenly won't shut down, didn't update Windows 10 or anything. Is it dying? Did a cold shut down, so will try again.. submitted by /u/Comboxer [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/htgkpp/laptop_wont_shut_down/
  7. PC boots and immediately shuts down after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC boots and immediately shuts down after Windows 10 update: Hello everyone, I updated my PC a few days ago, and I had no problems with it. However, yesterday I booted my PC and when it opened the desktop it shut down. I thought I had no battery on my PC so I put it charging. I decided to boot the PC again and it shut down right...
  8. Laptop shuts down immediately after startup.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop shuts down immediately after startup.: i have an ASUS ROG GL503GE i7 8th gen 16 GB RAM 256 GB SSD 1TB HDD So the problem is that my laptop shuts down like 5-10 mins after booting up . post shut down my laptop doesn't boot up , any attempt to power it back on would lead to the keyboard back light and the screen...
  9. Laptop shuts down immediately after startup.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop shuts down immediately after startup.: i have an ASUS ROG GL503GE i7 8th gen 16 GB RAM 256 GB SSD 1TB HDD So the problem is that my laptop shuts down like 5-10 mins after booting up . post shut down my laptop doesn't boot up , any attempt to power it back on would lead to the keyboard back light and the screen...
  10. laptop is immediately restarting after I shut it down

in Windows 10 Support
    laptop is immediately restarting after I shut it down: This happened to me for the first time earlier today. I clicked 'shut down' on my HP laptop, the screen did the usual thing and went black, but then just a few seconds later the screen lit up with the 'welcome' page. Did the same thing several times and then I had to leave...